Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention WI-IL-IN-MI-OH 914World 9th Annual BBQ, August 13th 2016, In Portage Indiana
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
GaroldShaffer
I know it is early in the year, but I have had a few people ask.

It's offical!

The 9th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on August 13th 2016. So save the day!

If possible to please bring side dish to share. We will have the big ice tray cooler so we can keep cold food cold.

Menu will include, but not limited to:

Burgers, Brats, Dogs
Soda, Water, Ice tea, and Coffee BYOB if you want anything else.

You don't need a 914 to come. We have plenty of room. I have chairs, but its a good idea to bring your own.

Doors open 10:30am central, that's 11:30am for eastern time guys. shades.gif

My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-9205 (cell)

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Directions:
From I94 take Exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana) south to 1st stop light (Rt 20). Turn left (east) on RT 20 to first stop light, aprrox 1 mile (sameulson road). Turn Right (south) on Sameulson rd. Go to 3rd stop sign (central ave) and turn left (east) on Central Ave. My subdivison is on the left about 1/8 mile called Prairie Run. Turn in and stay left, we are 5th house on left. You will see my 914(s) in the drive. Don't worry about parking in my drive, all 914s mark their spots and I have cleaner.

I will put out a few signs with 914 & arrows on them once you get to central ave to help direct you on your way.

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).
914forme
Added to my calendar, I will try to make it there, and maybe, just maybe brings some grub.
LowBridge
icon_bump.gif
timothy_nd28
My wife being in labor prevented me from attending last year, shouldn't be a problem this year, I'm in! biggrin.gif
RR914
My wife and I plan on making it there this year! Maybe make a caravan from the north through the ORD area on the way down to you. Thanks Garold
brettrarnold
Wow Portage Indiana, i drove my current 914 featured in my blog listed below in Ogden Dunes Indiana when i was 13 and towed it out to Colorado a few years ago. Wish i had her running to come back from the bbq but thats okay. Next time!

-Brett
TM_Corey
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 30 2016, 01:51 PM) *

I know it is early in the year, but I have had a few people ask.

It's offical!

The 9th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on August 13th 2016. So save the day!

Looking forward to being there, either in the 911 or the 914.
Cracker
Garold - I wish it was two weeks later - I'd enjoy meeting you "Yanks"! I'll be passing through, with my car, just prior to Labor Day Weekend. Have fun and be safe!

Tony
sb914
O icon_bump.gif
JP3
I just marked it down on my calendar. I build equipment for food companies so I will bring some cases of Italian sausage. chowtime.gif
mb911
Would love to come but no way of knowing what I will be doing hopefully going to little league world series.. But then again you never know..

I could do a welding seminar for all you though if I can be there.
GaroldShaffer
Holiday weekend icon_bump.gif You all have a safe Memorial day weekend.
Gunn1
Sure......what about the Minnesota folks? piratenanner.gif
arsprod
Well dayam, I'll be on vacation in northern Michigan. I'd leave early but likely wouldn't be allowed in the house any more!
orthobiz
Gonna try hard to make it again this year.

Paul
Camaro Mike
Looking forward to it.

Mike
orthobiz
I sent this link to Tom Bliznik, hopefully he'll come!

Paul
designerguy90
Ill be there Garold. Probably in the 968, its looking like the 914 has to go for now. We will see though!
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif Just over a month away. piratenanner.gif
Bartlett 914
Looking forward to being there.

Mark
Mike Fitton
Going to miss this for the first time in a while, have a wedding to go to that day. Great time hope the weather is good for you Garold!
earossi
Garold,

Missed last year's event (out of town). But, look forward to being at this year's event. I have passed my 914/6 conversion onto my son in Idaho, but will bring my old 993 if it is OK.

Ernie
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(earossi @ Jul 10 2016, 10:27 PM) *

Garold,

Missed last year's event (out of town). But, look forward to being at this year's event. I have passed my 914/6 conversion onto my son in Idaho, but will bring my old 993 if it is OK.

Ernie

Of course it is. Looking forward to seeing you.
arsprod
Looks like I get to make it this year. Love to caravan with other Indy area drivers (not 100% sure the tree frog will make it!).

Aaron
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif

Getting closer. I have put in my request for a nice sunny, but yet not to hot day for the BBQ. Hopefully the weatherman listens. biggrin.gif

914forme
Uh, Mid 70s would be nice with mild cloud cover, and a slight breeze. Can't wait hopefully work won't go crazy and I'll be there. piratenanner.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif to page one
fixer34
Had a great time last year (my first), put some faces with the names on here. But alas, family get together on the East coast scheduled for the same weekend. I'll be crossing my fingers for good weather so you can have the roofs off.
gms
Will see you then!
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif to keep this on page one. 12 more days to go. beerchug.gif
orthobiz
Not looking so good...family stuff (good stuff) going on!

Paul
gms
ONE WEEK TO GO!
icon_bump.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 6 2016, 09:03 AM) *

ONE WEEK TO GO!
icon_bump.gif

drunk.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif = smilie_pokal.gif
JP3
I'm still trying to make it but work has been trouble lately. How late do you usually go?
designerguy90
I should be there around 1 - 1:15 ish. Looking forward to it!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(JP3 @ Aug 8 2016, 05:55 AM) *

I'm still trying to make it but work has been trouble lately. How late do you usually go?

Until the last person leaves. Usually by 7ish, but hey I'm cool with midnight biggrin.gif
gms
is Brad Mayeur going to be there?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 9 2016, 09:29 AM) *

Yes beerchug.gif
gms
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 9 2016, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Aug 9 2016, 09:29 AM) *

Yes beerchug.gif

great news piratenanner.gif
JP3
351.gif
914forme
I will have to miss this , won't make my staff work the weekend if I'm not willing to work also. Bummed, yet I'll feed the crew to keep them going over the weekend.
Bartlett 914
I always look forward to this event. This year work has been crazy. I am stuck on a job that will keep me out of this one. I hope you all have a great time

mark
GaroldShaffer
Only one more day. piratenanner.gif

Weather report is calling for liquid sunshine in the morning hours stick.gif then overcast the rest of the day. I have towels to help dry wet cars shades.gif Don't let the weather stop you from coming out. Bring a picture of your car if you don't want to drive in the weather. The garage is dry and I have plenty of parts cars (5) we can look at. biggrin.gif
Vapor_locked
Always wanted to make it to this, and never have, looks like this may be the year! I'll have the water cooled japanese flat 4, due to the fact that the air cooled flat 4 is in my garage with no car to put it in (although, I could put it in the back of the wagon idea.gif ) Nevertheless, I was hoping to bring a friend of the family - who recently switched over from the darkside (literally, lucas electrical systems) of British cars, and went out & got himself a 74 2.0l - but, unfortunately he is on a previously planned vacation.

Looking forward to putting some names & faces together finally!

Anything special you'd like me to bring as a side, or a favorite beverage for the host?

RR914
Garold, my wife was in the hospital this week and is scheduled to come home today. Providing all is good and safe, I will be coming alone as she is pretty weak yet. Looking foward to meeting everyone
Robert
JP3
I will be there and bringing Italian Beef. Do you need anything else?
GaroldShaffer
Anything special you'd like me to bring as a side, or a favorite beverage for the host?

Bring what you would like to share.

I will be there and bringing Italian Beef. Do you need anything else?

That would be great, thank you.

And Robert hopefully your wife gets to come home today. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Oh, and I will have chairs, but not enough for everyone so if you have room bring a chair.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. smilie_pokal.gif

JP3
I have never driven in the rain with my car. I do not have a rain tray and running a small block with a air filter that has an open top. How much rain can I suck into the engine and not have a problem?Click to view attachment
ptravnic
Hi Gerold - I'd like to come and bring along one of my little kiddos. Are kiddos (5yr old) welcome or is this more of the older crowd? I won't take offense if kiddo's aren't a good fit.

It's been a while since I was regularly involved in the 914's, but I got mine up & running again and am looking forward to catching up.

-Pete
GeorgeRud
I'll have to miss everyone as my health is still not strong enough to travel, but I want to share my best wishes to all the Midwest tenets!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.