Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 Relay Board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFix
My 1974 1.8 relay board has only one relay (Heater Blower) and one fuse (25 amp) installed. I thought all models had a fuel pump relay on the board as well? My fuel pump and car run normally (original fuel injection), so either PO did something creative or they changed this in '74.

I don't have the rear window defroster which I believe would use a relay on the relay board as well.

What am I supposed to have on that relay board? confused24.gif
scotty914
the fuel pump relay is in the double relay pack on l jet cars.
ChrisFix
Okay, what is the double relay pack?
ejm
It's a combination control unit power supply relay and fuel pump relay, should be mounted over by the battery. It has two plugs, one with all white wires and one with color coded wires. L-jet cars also have a resistor pack that has five white wires going into it.
Mueller
the relay looks like one of these:

ChrisFix
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 26 2005, 08:08 PM)
the relay looks like one of these:

Yes, I see now...Mine would look like that rusty thing.... biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
If you have to replace the rusty metal one, you will have to modify the plugs on the harness. The new ones only come in the plasitc, and you have to trim the outside of the plug to get it to plug in.

Also,make sure that you get the right relay. If someone sells you one for a L-Jet equipped VW, it won't work. They moved a ground wire from one side of the relay to the other.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.