Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Took the 914 out for a spin today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Tookt he 914 out for a drive today. Absolutely gorgeous day here in Oregon. Hit 76 I believe. When I got home just parked it behind my new truck. Went inside for dinner. When I came back out to put the teener back in it's home in the shop. I though hey this is how it will look when I tow with this. Man I am not even going to be able to see my teener behind my truck. LOL

My truck is a 2014 Ram 1500 with the EcoDiesel motor. Absolutely love this truck. Haven't had a real truck in a good 12 years. I'm averaging 22mpg in my first 2 fill up's in it. Truck is the tradesman model which is a little stripped down interior wise. Other than that it's everything I want. Absolutely love the Rambox in the truck bed. I fit all my tools on the side of the bed. Makes the bed a little smaller but not bad at all. Plus they lock & unlock with my doors. It was funny as hell driving my truck all day. Then hoping in my 914 for my drive. Just a slight difference in ride height.
dangerranger01
Nice. I daily a lowered Ford Ranger, and after driving my teener I get into it and it feels like a monster trunk!! haha can't imagine what a real full size feels like after driving a teener. haha Truck and 914 look good!!
Cracker
22 MPG??? Damn. I might have to switch out of my Cummins. Impressive.

T
JRust
QUOTE(Cracker @ Mar 31 2016, 11:22 PM) *

22 MPG??? Damn. I might have to switch out of my Cummins. Impressive.

T

It's supposed to get 20mpg in town & 28 on hwy. With the oversized tires I'll never get there. When I wear these out I will go down a size. My speedo is off & dodge can only calibrate to the sizes available on their trucks. I can calibrate if I buy a management program. Just doubt I will screw with it. I had a nice stretch on a rural why where I did get 27 for about an hour. No wind helps a lot. LOL! I drive a lot for work so really hoping to keep it in the mid 20's. I'll be towing my brick of a work trailer today. So I'm curious to see how it will do for mileage. Just a 6x12 trailer but we customize it taller for hauling video games. Basically add 18" on top of your typical small cargo trailer. It is a Vnose but man it has some drag from wind. Will be much better behind my truck than my previous Chevy Equinox suv. Man that wouldn't take long to blow my tranny with that. Really worked hard even with a pretty light load. Luckily I didn't tow much with it.
Cracker
Very impressive indeed...I towed across the Mid-West once - Damn! The wind is a major game-changer! Just steering straight can be a challenge.

T
EdwardBlume
Now you're just bragging.... aktion035.gif
Cairo94507
Parking behind that lifted truck would make me crazy. I would be afraid I would jump in the truck and forget the 914 was behind it and then hate myself.
billh1963
I have a 2016 EcoDiesel 4x4 with most all the goodies (Nav, satellite radio, heated and a/c seats, etc.) that I picked up in January.

Hauling a 911 back from Atlanta I averaged 18.6 mpg

When driving on the interstate without a trailer I average 28-29 mpg

So far I've been very pleased beer.gif

Click to view attachment
JRust
Nice Bill! I dropped to a little over 15mpg towing my trailer. It is a real drag! I doubt flat towing my mileage will drop with my 914 back there at all. Just need to do something to keep the rock chips down dry.gif
Ian Stott
I used to run tractor trailers, flat deck work, sometimes 2 trailers, get out one of those and hop into the teener is such a difference, love it!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
6freak
there`s rock blocks you can buy at the RV shop,they attach to the receiver easy on and off super nice truck Mr, and you cant beat a diesel for towing but you know that
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.