Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flying into San Diego!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jenny
Mine's a 90, and don't even get me started on it. It was a cheap car, let's just leave it at that. dry.gif

Jen
Dr Evil
Mark,
You are one of the nicest people that I have met. I wont need it for his, but I may need it for mine. I have to bust some ass to get the car together by WCC. I need to work at night and in the rain. idea.gif I am sure I can repay the favor. beer.gif chowtime.gif drunk.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smoke.gif confused24.gif

If no, anyone else got a garage space to lend for the rest of the month?
eeyore
Sure. When?
Dr Evil
smilie_pokal.gif SUNDAY???!!! smilie_pokal.gif

I'll call you. If I didn't say it before, YOU ROCK!
Rusty
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Mar 29 2005, 01:12 AM)
I can't believe some of the OC crowd dry.gif  I went up there, why can't ya'll come down here? I don't think that you all understand that part of his day will be spent doing final work on his car before the long trip. So ontop of getting up early, staying up for a oong time,and flying, he is gonna be wrenching. I am pretty sure that considering all of that, no one could ask him to drive two hours North to hang out for a few hours,just to then drive two hours South.

Rusty wants real Mexican food. What can we do? I'm thinking Old Town. There are a bunch of nice places there. If we want more festive/cheap, we could do any El Torito's.

Pam,
My fiancee will ba able to hang out with you while Rusty is goofing with the car. I will try to get as much of it done before you all get here as I can.

I need your itinerary so tha I know when to pick you up. You guys may be able to take a nap if you want. I could finish up on the 16th?

Okay.. Just so that people can plan, I think we ought to nail down something in the next couple of days.

Hey Mike, after the airport, I'm wondering if the first stop can be a hotel, so we can drop Pam off. That way, she'll get an opportunity to relax and get a nap.

BTW, where is Old Town in relation to SD?

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. An oil change is an excellent idea. I should have planned for that when we talked about the push-rod seals.
Gint
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Mar 28 2005, 11:12 PM)
I can't believe some of the OC crowd dry.gif I went up there, why can't ya'll come down here? I don't think that you all understand that part of his day will be spent doing final work on his car before the long trip. So ontop of getting up early, staying up for a oong time,and flying, he is gonna be wrenching. I am pretty sure that considering all of that, no one could ask him to drive two hours North to hang out for a few hours,just to then drive two hours South.

Rusty wants real Mexican food. What can we do? I'm thinking Old Town. There are a bunch of nice places there. If we want more festive/cheap, we could do any El Torito's.

Pam,
My fiancee will ba able to hang out with you while Rusty is goofing with the car. I will try to get as much of it done before you all get here as I can.

I need your itinerary so tha I know when to pick you up. You guys may be able to take a nap if you want. I could finish up on the 16th?

Hey, I was willing to fly out to help out. But Rusty's ignorin me for some reason. dry.gif
Rusty
I'm ignoring you? Nooooo. I'm ignoring CLAY! biggrin.gif

You can fly out if ya want... but, the only space in the 914 would be in the front trunk to ride back. wink.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 29 2005, 07:18 AM)

You can fly out if ya want... but, the only space in the 914 would be in the front trunk to ride back. wink.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

Read my post back on the first page. I'm lookin for a mini-vaca with Shar.
Rusty
QUOTE (Gint @ Mar 27 2005, 09:03 PM)
Love this place!  I stop here everytime I'm doin a beach cruise.

Jay's Seafood - Carlsbad

The big seafood pasta plate is awesome!  I even have a T-shirt.

What if the wife and I were to participate?  She's getting a job offer tomorrow.  I need a vacation.  Wanna put my toes in the ocean somewhere.

If you want to come out and tinker with the car with me... that's more than cool, brother.

Hopefully, we'll get the car situated on Saturday, so Sunday can be Sea World.

We're flying out on the 16th. Were you thinking about flying or driving?

P.S. Clay is busy tinkering in the classifieds, I think.
Rusty
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 28 2005, 09:29 PM)
I want to know why you didn't plan this for a week later so you could meet EVERYONE at WCC. Slits was just kidding about not allowing admins to attend (I think) dry.gif

Howard... didn't mean to ignore your post.

Sorry, the schedule at work isn't going to allow me time to drive back after the WCC. Flying there and back would work, except I'd have no way to get my car home. unsure.gif

So, I do the best I can, but I do hope to attend the WCC next year. sad.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 29 2005, 07:24 AM)
QUOTE (Gint @ Mar 27 2005, 09:03 PM)
Love this place!  I stop here everytime I'm doin a beach cruise.

Jay's Seafood - Carlsbad

The big seafood pasta plate is awesome!  I even have a T-shirt.

What if the wife and I were to participate?  She's getting a job offer tomorrow.  I need a vacation.  Wanna put my toes in the ocean somewhere.

If you want to come out and tinker with the car with me... that's more than cool, brother.

Hopefully, we'll get the car situated on Saturday, so Sunday can be Sea World.

We're flying out on the 16th. Were you thinking about flying or driving?

P.S. Clay is busy tinkering in the classifieds, I think.

Probably be a fly trip. But if I drove, we could probably arrange to caravan back. That way I'd have tools. Hmmm.....

I need to see how Shar's job situation pans out. I can't commit right now, but it sounds like a great idea.
Rusty
I plan on bringing tools. I'm going to mail them to the good Doctor, about a week before I fly out. Those flat-rate boxes at the Post Office are going to pay off. happy11.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 29 2005, 07:39 AM)
I plan on bringing tools. I'm going to mail them to the good Doctor, about a week before I fly out. Those flat-rate boxes at the Post Office are going to pay off. happy11.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

So you wouldn't want another experienced 914 guy in a seperate car riding along with ya then?
DonTraver
Ok, here goes. Dr Evil and I both live in Normal Heights, about 2 blocks from each other. Normal Heights is between I-805 and I-15 (North/South) and I-8 (East/West) on the South side. Old Town is West on the I-8, about 4-5 miles, at the west end of Hotel Circle. Old Town in probably less that 2 miles from Sea World. Hotel Circle in Mission Valley is a very short drive to any of these place, Hotel Circle is on I-8, between I-5 and I-163. Old Town is at the intersection of I-8 and I-5. Sea World is just west of I-5 about 1 mile before you get to the I-5 and I-8 intersection.

Lawrence and Mike, Mike's seen my garage and tools, what ever you need to check the car out, you're wellcome too. Hell, if need be, we'll fire up the lathe and milling maching and make it. The only thing I'm lacking on is Garage space. Already rent the one next door as it is. Oh yeah, I've got a valve grinder and seat grinder too for cylinder heads, and just got a sand blaster cabinet. Yeah, I'm a tool and part junky and I like it, lol.

Hope this helps, let me know, Don
Howard
QUOTE (Jenny @ Mar 28 2005, 10:19 PM)
I dunno about you guys, but ever since 9/11, and especially since he arrived back in the states, I've been dying to see him face to face, if just to say thanks. flag.gif Ha!!! Now this thread is political!!

Jen wink.gif

agree.gif

There are quite a few folks here that would like to buy you a drink. Guess we'll have to caravan to SD.
Gint
QUOTE (DonTraver @ Mar 29 2005, 08:05 AM)
Ok, here goes. Dr Evil and I both live in Normal Heights, about 2 blocks from each other. Normal Heights is between I-805 and I-15 (North/South) and I-8 (East/West) on the South side. Old Town is West on the I-8, about 4-5 miles, at the west end of Hotel Circle. Old Town in probably less that 2 miles from Sea World. Hotel Circle in Mission Valley is a very short drive to any of these place, Hotel Circle is on I-8, between I-5 and I-163. Old Town is at the intersection of I-8 and I-5. Sea World is just west of I-5 about 1 mile before you get to the I-5 and I-8 intersection.

Lawrence and Mike, Mike's seen my garage and tools, what ever you need to check the car out, you're wellcome too. Hell, if need be, we'll fire up the lathe and milling maching and make it. The only thing I'm lacking on is Garage space. Already rent the one next door as it is. Oh yeah, I've got a valve grinder and seat grinder too for cylinder heads, and just got a sand blaster cabinet. Yeah, I'm a tool and part junky and I like it, lol.

Hope this helps, let me know, Don

I wanna go to Don's house!

I'm reasonably certain we met at D&G last April Don. We talked at least when I was admiring your engine compartment.
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 28 2005, 07:29 PM)
I want to know why you didn't plan this for a week later so you could meet EVERYONE at WCC. Slits was just kidding about not allowing admins to attend (I think) dry.gif

I NEVER kid around. Eggplant....huh? chairfall.gif
type47fan
Three places in Carlsbad, if you get up this far:

Fidel's Norte - great food and atmosphere, 1 block to the beach and a 2 mile meandering cliffside walkway. . . .
type47fan
Neiman's - originally built in the 1880's. Across the street from Jay's Seafood. . . .
type47fan
Coyote Bar & Grill - mexican food served outside around fire rings with live music during the week. . . .all of these places are within walking distance of the beach and quaint Carlsbad Village. . . .
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 29 2005, 08:18 AM)

-Rusty smoke.gif

GFYS............ finger.gif

You CAN"T ignore me......

Just wait... I will get you at the MUSR....

Maybe the Crimson Shaft should have a new name and a new paintjob.. The PURPLE shaft!!!
Rusty
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 30 2005, 08:08 AM)
GFYS............ finger.gif

You CAN"T ignore me......

Just wait... I will get you at the MUSR....

Maybe the Crimson Shaft should have a new name and a new paintjob.. The PURPLE shaft!!!

Hey... we don't need to hear your dreams about purple shafts! ohmy.gif This is a family board - have some respect!! finger.gif

Oh, on a serious note... I need to talk to you. You available during the day?

-Rusty smoke.gif

Jenny
Have we come to a consensus yet as to where we're dining? Brian and I will be spending saturday either at the zoo or sea world, and meet up with everyone for dinner. I think I've even convinced my brother to come down from Long Beach to join us! w00t.gif

Jen
Brando
I'm in for a caravan southward. Let's have our local area rep (Aaron) organize a meetin' location.

HEY AARON.
JoeSharp
I'll be coming down the 405. What time and where are we to group up? I'm free as for time, and I have an empty seat.
biggrin.gif Joe
Aaron Cox
joe... if no one else needs a ride... ill bum the co pilot seat in beauty......

meet at sklines? a familiar place for all of us lol2.gif
Dr Evil
I am looking for a place that is Mexican, has lots of parking, and is big enough for a large group. I need a head count so I can get a better idea.
Right now the places of interest are Guadalajara in Old Town, Tio Leo's (there are several), or El Torrito's. I am open to suggestions as long as they fit the following criteria:
-Mexican food
-in San Diego (preferably close to the 8, 15, 805, 5 arterial area.
-big enough for 20 people?
-plenty of parking
-moderately priced

Thanks for your help. Sound off if your coming so I can compile a list!
JoeSharp
Mike: looks like there will be 2 in my car.
biggrin.gif Joe
eeyore
I'm in.

I vote for something in Old Town, although parking isn't the easiest there.

Tio Leo's sounds the most pratical.

El Torito? barf.gif
Gint
Various influences caused me to change plans. I'm heading off to Houston to visit relatives instead. I'll have to settle for Galveston for my beachside desires.

You guys have fun... beerchug.gif

Rusty, I'll be back Monday and off work Tuesday and Wednesday. Probably bolting trunk lids and doors onto the tub. smile.gif See ya then.
skline
I'm in, yeah we can meet here and leave from here. We can also meet up with others down further south if anyone down there is going? What time did we want to go?? Thats a Saturday right?
Dr Evil
Ya'll do me a favor and post with the word "in" and the number of guests that you are bringing. This will help me delineate which place we will be going to.

Big thanks!
SLITS
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Mar 30 2005, 05:39 PM)
Ya'll do me a favor and post with the words in and the number of guests that you are bringing. This will help me delineate which place we will be going to.

Big thanks!

You ain't that far south. Ya'll sure iffin we writ it ya'll could cipher it?
Dr Evil
Ron, are you on the shine already today?
Brando
IN.

Just myself in der weinerteener.
Rusty
Hey Doc... should we start a clean thread for this one? hehehheh
skline
Hey Rusty, are you sure you dont want to just fly out this weekend? Its going to be quite the gathering of 914's.
Jenny
Brian and I are in, plus maybe Jeff.

Jen
SLITS
Anybody north of SLO will be shot when they cross the Mason/Dixon Line.....look at your maps.....it is drawn thru Arroyo Grande....

The SOUTHERN Kalifornia Plu Plux Plan.........
Joe Bob
Dumb hillbilly....there is a CENTRAL California....starts at the Northern Ventura County line and extends up past Morro Bay....we don't identify with Northern OR Southern California....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.