Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Email Spamming
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Tom_T
Heads-up Admins:

ddyosa0 is spamming in the Garage now.

How about a nailed thread in the Garage for us to post spammers for you Admins to delete & for we regular members to find it easily? confused24.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
RAX914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 3 2016, 09:44 AM) *

Heads-up Admins:

ddyosa0 is spamming in the Garage now.

How about a nailed thread in the Garage for us to post spammers for you Admins to delete & for we regular members to find it easily? confused24.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

At least in this case, isn't it pretty obvious already?

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
RAX -

As the Admins & Andy said in the thread above - if they're not on the site when it happens, then they don't know.

Ergo, a post here where the Admins are probably signed up for topic email notifications, then they can see my & anyone else's post whenever those spamming a-holes pop up, & erase them as members to stop them in there tracks.

This one just started, so the sooner they see, the less they have to clean up! smile.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
PS - You'd think the least those ASIs (Asian Spamming Idiots) could do, is include some Girlie pix for you guys! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 1 2016, 06:05 PM) *

While I understand your frustration Andy,

I & others subscribe to saverl forums including the Garage forums, as a way to find new posts & then save the wanted topics as subscribed to topis.

It's much easier for those of us busy on other work & family etc. stuff to get them sent to our email so we can check them - especially for ads from guys like Mark 914sixer who get really good parts FS that go very fast!

I would suggest that a preferable approach would be to just block the offending fake members who are spamming - as I know you & admins have done with some offending real members.

914club has been dealing with this same spamming fake members problem with no luck, because they don't eject those members - so more & more come in.

IMHO if the hackers/spammers see that they're not blocked or ejected or whatever the proper IT Techie term is - then they're more likely to continue spamming & adding even more accounts.

I think that swift removal is the best path, & it saves you having to delete all posts during extended periods by those jerks.

Besides - what kind of IDIOT spammer puts a bunch of posts with Chinese - or whatever characters they were - & expects anything useful to come of it!!?? confused24.gif

Maybe the Chinese or North Korean government & military hackers who swear they don't do that - but then they should just be shot for their own stupidity!
ar15.gif

Thanx for trying something anyway Andy.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

agree.gif beer3.gif
jack20
What wrong with these people?
Tom_T
Admins -

"bebotpala" is spamming in the Garage right now FYI.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
Jack, this is an ongoing problem since last week.

Read topic here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...281222&st=0

I've been reporting the fake members on there when they come up, so the Admins can delete them & their spam posts. You can do the same.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rhodyguy
3 pms per member (daily for say a month) and try to make it a big frickin' hassle for them? piratenanner.gif
Optimusglen
QUOTE(jack20 @ Apr 4 2016, 11:03 AM) *

What wrong with these people?

It's not a person, probably a bot.
Tom_T
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 4 2016, 09:15 AM) *

3 pms per member (daily for say a month) and try to make it a big frickin' hassle for them? piratenanner.gif

I'm sure they don't monitor their PMs! dry.gif

Just report them to the Admins to delete as members & their spam at this other link:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...281222&st=0

As I go thru my eamils during the day, when I see them, I just post the member name there & what forum they're spamming, so they can find & delete them as fake member bots.

Hopefully Andy & the other Admins will get an email off that topic & then erase them, since they may not be on the site when it happens, as Andy says on there.

There wrre 6+ of us who offered to help, but I don't know if Andy & the other Admins took anyone up on the offer?

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
altitude411
the bot spamming is bad enough without a bunch of threads about bot spamming... shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 4 2016, 09:15 AM) *

What good would that do?

They don't use their personal email address to sign up here, they use automated email generators that give them a new email address each time they spam a forum.

These aren't kids in their mom's basement, these are professionals that get paid to do this.
dry.gif
rhodyguy
Just posing a ? Andy. I'm clueless as to how these matters work.
914_teener
There is a thread in the Sandbox Kevin.

It's wtf.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.