Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Rear swaybar L-brackets and shock bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GregAmy
Looking for rear L-brackets and shock bolts for the factory rear swaybar. I already have the bar itself, the mounting brackets/bushings, and the drop links.

Any other vehicle-specific parts I'm missing, let me know (I can source standard hardware locally). Thanks!

IPB Image
ejm
Nothing of what's pictured are factory parts.
TheCabinetmaker
agree.gif
GregAmy
Brilliant. Well, any idea what I have?
914Sixer
Looks like an old ADDCO bar.
914forme
Or H&H

Easy solution, take a piece of flat, bolt it onto your rear shock mount, and build a brake off of that to mount the drop links to.

I used my set of rear tie down hooks, and welded them to the arm, once they where in place. Pretty easy, increases the rear stiffness of the swayer due to your arms attaching farther out on the control arm.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 3 2016, 06:55 PM) *

Looks like an old ADDCO bar.

agree.gif I have the factory shock bolts (with washers & nuts) if still need them $100 and that includes shipping to you. PM if you are interested
GregAmy
Thanks for the info, all. I may move forward with something similar to what Chris Foley (I think) did on my race car. Looks like the same setup.

Anyone know the thread size and shank length on the rear lower shock bolts?

Greg

IPB Image
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Apr 3 2016, 07:52 PM) *

Brilliant. Well, any idea what I have?

Its a race modified Weltmeister rear bar. The drop links are real short to accommodate Bilstein spring perches being on the bottom rung.
We had nothing to do with the installation on your race car, that's all Joe's work. smile.gif
New shock bolts should be available, maybe only from Automotion/Ecklers since they own the Weltmeister brand.
ChrisFoley
BTW, stock shock bolts can be modified to use with that bar.
It requires drilling and tapping the bolts, and the appropriate hardware for the rod ends.
GregAmy
Thanks for the update, Chris! I might just add this to the list for the inevitable street car visit to your place for a suspension upgrade. Too many race cars to deal with right now...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.