Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group Buy: Rear Euro 914 Tail Light Lenses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2
Puebloswatcop
I sent everyone who did not have a payment status next to their name a reminder last night, but it looks like the response was dismal.....
Puebloswatcop
A true shame. I talked to one of the guys who purchased a set and he said the quality was "really really good". Oh well, if we don't get the group buy I will still buy 2 sets, might just take me a bit longer.
turnaround89
Puebloswatcop and rmital - truly appreciate the work you guys put in on this.
rmital
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jul 14 2016, 11:55 PM) *

Puebloswatcop and rmital - truly appreciate the work you guys put in on this.

all is not lost...maybe they will honor those who are participating by the end of today?
I would prefer if they did just that.
If they extended the offer, I'll mail back the checks I received and let those forward to AA if they choose to wait.
mb911
I could be persuaded to buy a set in a couple weeks if they extend it but . can't now trying to buy all the parts to make it a roller 1st.. I will check back.
rmital
AA reached 28 sets paid for....and they "will" honor the deal.
I'll send checks sent to me first thing Monday morning.
They will start to ship orders this Thursday, July 21 flag.gif
turnaround89
WOOHOO! That is great news that AA is allowing this to move forward.

rmital - thanks again for organizing this group buy.

turnaround89
Just got the email that my items have shipped. Should be at my house friday!

rmital
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jul 21 2016, 12:12 AM) *

let us know the quality and fit once you get the chance.
Mowog4
Just got the email that mine are on the way, much thanks to everyone who made this happen.
Ed

QUOTE(rmital @ Jul 21 2016, 05:16 AM) *

QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jul 21 2016, 12:12 AM) *

let us know the quality and fit once you get the chance.

turnaround89
rmital - My car is still in the rebuild phase, but I'll post a picture of them installed on the tail light buckets off the car to show how they fit.

I'll get a picture tomorrow after I get off work at 5, should be able to post a picture later in the night.

Someone with a more complete car will have to provide a picture of the fit actually installed on the car.
turnaround89
As promised. I think the fit is absolutely great. I have some banged up tail light buckets and these repros fit very well. Please ignore my rear end issues in the pictures. They look great on the car. Very happy with this purchase. These exceeded my expectations!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thank you Automobile Atlanta and thank you to everyone who helped put this group buy together.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
rmital
Thanks for The product update!
rmital
Perfect fit. Excellent alignment
Click to view attachment
rmital
Original vs repro
rothaus
I got mine also installed. I found a good set of housings which I restored, and istalled together with the new lenses. Also installed the LED bulbs.

Below is a pictures.

IPB Image

Thanks
Engelbert
buck toenges
Are these still available? I looked on the aa website but couldn't find them.

Buck
lonewolfe
AA has them listed on Ebay.
HIPPIEKILLER
Can't find this on AA ebay... Any chance elsewhere?
mb911
914 rubber has a group buy going on them now. AA is selling them now for 149 to club members..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes 149.50 for 914 club members, we have at least 500 sets in stock, as we had to make that many to cover the expensive tooling costs, have them in the euro and the usa versions.
These were glued originally by Hella being made in segments, so we made them the same way for the sake of originality. Brutus the Porsche 916 is wearing a set, so we know that the quality and look will pass the highest concours muster.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We have the euro lenses! Over 500 sets in stock. I never know what possesses me to make so many of one part! Probably never sell all of these in the next ten years!Click to view attachment
lonewolfe
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 9 2017, 01:54 PM) *

We have the euro lenses! Over 500 sets in stock. I never know what possesses me to make so many of one part! Probably never sell all of these in the next ten years!Click to view attachment

Wow! That's a lot of tail light lenses!
mb911
And to repeat they really are as nice as described..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I have a habit of never thinking about the return on costs when making parts we need for our 914s. The per piece cost is ok, but the tooling is crazy. So then I figure that If I make a thousand lenses the per piece cost including the tooling is ok, so sign up for that. What I forget to calculate is how long it will (if ever) to sell all of those lenses.

For example, I still have over 500 1.7 muffler brackets I make about 20 years ago!!!!! (anyone need one?)

QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Sep 9 2017, 10:00 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 9 2017, 01:54 PM) *

Wow! That's a lot of tail light lenses!
Snebs2
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 5 2016, 12:49 PM) *

AutoAtlanta is offering up a group buy on reproduction 914 rear Euro amber and red Tail Light Lenses
Click to view attachment

Regularly priced at $199.50 for the pair

If we commit to 30 sets sold, the price will be reduced to $149.50

914 Club Link to Group Buy

Post your interest here, or post on the thread on the Club site.

I'll take 1 set.
mb911
QUOTE(Snebs2 @ Mar 4 2018, 10:11 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 5 2016, 12:49 PM) *

AutoAtlanta is offering up a group buy on reproduction 914 rear Euro amber and red Tail Light Lenses
Click to view attachment

Regularly priced at $199.50 for the pair

If we commit to 30 sets sold, the price will be reduced to $149.50

914 Club Link to Group Buy

Post your interest here, or post on the thread on the Club site.

I'll take 1 set.

You need to call or email George as this is about a year old..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we still have hundreds of sets of the rear euro tail lights as well as USA and the clear Italian
PaulFV8
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 5 2018, 12:30 PM) *

we still have hundreds of sets of the rear euro tail lights as well as USA and the clear Italian

hello 914World, I am new member, is everyone still happy with the sit and quality on these? dr914, Are they still available for $149 for members? thanks Paul
PaulFV8
QUOTE(PaulFV8 @ Aug 31 2020, 03:29 PM) *

hello 914World, I am new member, is everyone still happy with the sit and quality on these? dr914, Are they still available for $149 for members? thanks Paul

sorry that should be "Fit" and quality, apologies
PaulFV8
QUOTE(PaulFV8 @ Aug 31 2020, 03:30 PM) *

QUOTE(PaulFV8 @ Aug 31 2020, 03:29 PM) *

sorry that should be "Fit" and quality, apologies

Has anyone purchased these recently? The supplier has changed. Just curious about the fit and quality. Thanks
Zaffer
I know it’s an old post, but are these still available? What about the price? Definitely interested!
mb911
Not sure on price but they fit my car very well. Its about the only part that fit really well.
Jwjwjw
QUOTE(Zaffer @ Apr 25 2021, 08:19 PM) *

I know it’s an old post, but are these still available? What about the price? Definitely interested!

Did you receive an answer if these are still available for that price?

Thanks Jeff
dirk2056
Did you ever get response if still available ???
mepstein
I would go to the Auto Atlanta website or call them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.