Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 engine fan - nice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
anthony
914 engine fan
It looks like one fan blade is slightly bent (as pictured). If you ask me questions about timing marks I'm not going to have the answer. Thanks.

$75 + shipping + pp fees (or paypal personal with no fees)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
anthony
Make an offer...
anthony
bump
forrestkhaag
And if you gently heat up the whole fan assembly in an oven, the blade can be nudged back into alignment then JB welded at the point of separation / I've done that repair on two earlier 914 engine fans with no problem..

beerchug.gif
anthony
It doesn't seem like it would be necessary to bend the one fin back. It's not like it will affect cooling or it would break off. Is this fan a turd that nobody would want to mess with?

If anyone wants it, shoot me an offer.
bdstone914
Tgat is an early 1.7L fan but will fit any engine. Need the special lenght bolts or shorten some CV bolts. The timing marks vary on the fans but are easily remarked.
Little call for fans. About the only time they get replaced is if they have broken blades. Why would anyone put a broken part on their car if they had to change it? Maybe if you fixed as described to you it would have a better chance of selling it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.