Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 Dash Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Biggles
Hi All,

my car is missing its chrome strip to the bottom of the dash (as shown in the pic). Is this a separate piece you can buy (can't see it in the PET catalogue) and how does it attach ?

Also, the area under the bottom of the steering column cover doesn't look right - any thoughts ? I know there should be the two fillet pieces that go either side of the steering column which I need to get.

Thanks

Chris.
Gustl
there is no such chrome strip ...

not sure about the other thing idea.gif
sixnotfour
you are missing the eyebrows that go on the right and left of the plastic shroud..
also your lower shroud half is a 911 piece
also It appears you may not have the tin backing pieces that the basket weave gets glued to that would close the gap
And yes you are missing the chrome strip...all 70-71914s have it
SirAndy
Not sure if the /6 cars had the chrome strip there, my '70 /4 has it. It's glued on ...
smile.gif
fixer34
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 16 2016, 11:20 AM) *

Not sure if the /6 cars had the chrome strip there, my '70 /4 has it. It's glued on ...
smile.gif

March '70 build /6, mine has it right below the basket weave
Cairo94507
Click to view attachment

So here is a picture of my dash with the chrome strip. '71 Six.
Biggles
Thanks for your responses guys.

So the chrome strip is stuck on - to what exactly, and does it have a part number ? I couldn't see it in the PET catalogue.

Can anyone provide pics of below the steering column with and without the dash material ?

Thanks.

Chris.

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 17 2016, 02:58 AM) *

Click to view attachment

So here is a picture of my dash with the chrome strip. '71 Six.

iankarr
On my 73/2.0, the chrome strip is part of the lower dash knee pad. I assume it's the same on sixes...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Biggles @ Apr 17 2016, 07:22 AM) *
So the chrome strip is stuck on - to what exactly

It's glued to the back of the lower knee pad.
smile.gif
Biggles
Cheers. Does anyone know if the chrome strip still available?

Any pics out there of undr the steering column without the dash material?

Thanks

Chris
SirAndy
QUOTE(Biggles @ Apr 18 2016, 08:45 AM) *
Does anyone know if the chrome strip still available?

Porsche would know. Do you have a dealer close-by?
idea.gif
porbmw
Do a WTB (Want to buy) here on theworld
These are not that hard to find...were pretty safe from damage until a car was parted out.
I am sure that I have one, but it woiuld take me weeks to find it. Bruce, or someone else, is sure to help you out.
porbmw
I should have added.....
I think that you need to make sure that you get a strip from an early car (ie..before sometime around mid 72ish???)...anyway, a car that did not have the side fresh air vents that appeared in later cars...otherwise your strip may be too short (the vents took up space on the dash)
pete000
Mine was also missing. Took a while but thanks to this board I was able to source a early lower pad with chrome deco strip.

As with most early parts they are starting to dry up.
Biggles
thanks guys. will try and source one in UK or Europe as i guess shipping will be a bomb.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.