Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: do all 76's have the rrear swaybar mounts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nickg
the plates for the bar to attach? my car did not have sways from the factory?
914werke
Yes. supposedly. You might chk the build date of your chassi for a very early 76 (or 75) car.
nickg
i know it was built in 75(they all were) I have a complete rear bar to put in mueba.gif . the plates should be there? cool
JeffBowlsby
Let us know what you nfind...but I would doubt it. The sway bar would have welded-on plates under the trunk and reinforcement plates inside the trunk, as well as ball end shock bottom bolts. If you have all those, then someone simply removed the bar. No weld plates means that your car did not come with sways from the factory, as it was an accessory item. They came in F+R pairs too...so if you have the rear you should have the front too...or none at all.

confused24.gif
Bleyseng
Its my understanding that only the last run of cars had all the goodies due to Dealer demands that the cars be loaded so they could sell them at a premium, even with a surchange.

Geoff
RustyWa
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Mar 30 2005, 05:55 PM)
....The sway bar would have welded-on plates under the trunk and reinforcement plates inside the trunk.....

'75-'76 do not have the reinforcement plate on the inside of the trunk because of the extra reinforcement for the big bumpers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.