Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake / clutch / trans cable routing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amphicar770
Hi All,

Hope this question makes sense.

Before putting engine back in. Do the brake cables, clutch cable, etc. sit above or below the engine mounting bar? There is a hole in the bar that looks like cables can pass through. Which one(s) route through this hole?

Thanks,

Mike
76-914
The shift rod
Dave_Darling
Only on the side-shift cars.

There is a hole on the right side of the bar as well, and one of the cables goes through it. I want to say the speedo cable, but I'm not at all sure.

--DD
saigon71
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Apr 20 2016, 06:14 PM) *

Hi All,

Hope this question makes sense.

Before putting engine back in. Do the brake cables, clutch cable, etc. sit above or below the engine mounting bar? There is a hole in the bar that looks like cables can pass through. Which one(s) route through this hole?

Thanks,

Mike

The clutch cable runs through the small hole in the engine mount bar on the passenger side. There is a protective sheath around it that is a tight fit in the hole.

I run my odometer, throttle cable and drivers side e-brake cable above the engine bar. The routing of the passenger side e-brake cable makes it difficult to run above the bar without putting pressure on it...so I ran this one outside the engine mount bar...but zip-tied to the bar on the side.

Click to view attachment

The engine mount bar is one of the low points of the car. Keeping the cables above it is a good idea.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.