Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lubing the frunk cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
While it works fine, I feel I need to pull the T handle harder than I should. Is there a recommended technique for this sophisticated piece of equipment? blink.gif

TIA

Joe
mepstein
Pull the cable and lube it. Lube the pivots on the hinge and the slider and the tumbler in the T handle. Then move onto the door hardware. Makes a big difference.
Porschef
Thanks Mark, is it a matter of disconnecting at the front latch and the whole cable will withdraw from the sheath? confused24.gif
rhodyguy
Could be as simple as adj the slack in the cable. Is the release point at the very end of the pull or is the cable tight right from the start? Also look at where the cable sheath is clamped at the latch.
mepstein
QUOTE(Porschef @ Apr 23 2016, 09:19 AM) *

Thanks Mark, is it a matter of disconnecting at the front latch and the whole cable will withdraw from the sheath? confused24.gif

Yes. It's easy.
Lubing the cable is important since it places less stress on the parts.
You don't have to remove the cable for the engine lid since gravity will help distribute the lube down the cable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.