Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission mounts for V8 with setback blocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearup
Curious if anyone here who has a V8 conversion and has used Renegades aluminum set back blocks. I need a recommendation on a source and type/brand of transmission mount that would work well with my 283 V8 application. Thanks for any help. Trying to get this 5 year project DONE!
tomrev
QUOTE(Gearup @ Apr 23 2016, 01:35 PM) *

Curious if anyone here who has a V8 conversion and has used Renegades aluminum set back blocks. I need a recommendation on a source and type/brand of transmission mount that would work well with my 283 V8 application. Thanks for any help. Trying to get this 5 year project DONE!

Yes the Renegade blocks are fine. Once you see how simple they are, you can make your own easily, if you like making things. Basically, just a chunk of 1in. by 1 1/2 in. wide Al. bar stock cut about 3 in. long. Took 20 min. to cut and drill the one's I'm using now.
tomrev
This:
Chris914n6
911 sport mounts is the usual. I think the prevailing theory is the stock mounts won't be happy with the additional weight. Or they just could have been cheaper back when I did mine confused24.gif
Gearup
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 23 2016, 02:24 PM) *

911 sport mounts is the usual. I think the prevailing theory is the stock mounts won't be happy with the additional weight. Or they just could have been cheaper back when I did mine confused24.gif

Thanks. To clarify my post I do already have the Renegade setbacks and appreciate the 911 Sport suggestion. I had heard this a while ago. You wouldn't happen to know a source or brand would you? Brett
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.