Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/4 vs 914/6 Front Track Width
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gcrotvik
My apologies if this topic has been discussed previously. Is the front track width, measured from the left hub face to the right hub face, the same on a 4 and a 6? If not, does someone know the differences?

Thank you,

Greg
Krieger
I think the 6 does have a wider front track. IIRC it is around 10mm on each side. So 20mm total. I just remember comparing a 4 assembly to a 6 assembly on the bench.
fasthonda
QUOTE(Krieger @ Apr 25 2016, 11:33 AM) *

I think the 6 does have a wider front track. IIRC it is around 10mm on each side. So 20mm total. I just remember comparing a 4 assembly to a 6 assembly on the bench.

I calculated the same for my 914 with 87 Carrera front end. Front track is 20mm wider than 914-4.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Krieger @ Apr 25 2016, 12:33 PM) *

That's what I recall but I don't remember the exact difference. I'm trying to figure wheel/tire and if needed, spacer sizes.

Thanks!

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.