Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: USA vs Euro Tail Light Lenses Giveaway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
rgalla9146
Not so fast there.......what's the FB tally ?
914bub
I voted in the poll! piratenanner.gif biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(914bub @ May 1 2016, 04:07 PM) *

I voted in the poll! piratenanner.gif biggrin.gif

I'm steering clear of the pole, and the poll.
toolguy
Speaking of Catherine being Georges alter ego. . Years ago I was told that Lionel is really George, and it's his Ebay persona because he likes Lionel trains also. . . never got a confirmation but it make sense with the crap Lionel tries to sell on Ebay as 'vintage and rare'
mepstein
QUOTE(toolguy @ May 1 2016, 09:32 PM) *

Speaking of Catherine being Georges alter ego. . Years ago I was told that Lionel is really George, and it's his Ebay persona because he likes Lionel trains also. . . never got a confirmation but it make sense with the crap Lionel tries to sell on Ebay as 'vintage and rare'

That is true. He also has other websites that don't mention the autoatlanta name.
Catherine at AutoAtlanta
Catherine of Auto Atlanta is Catherine (kiki) the original poster of the thread. This is Lina, the person that authored the post content and the comments. My words evidently awakened the anger in many of you. That was not my intent. I am originally from Bulgaria, and we always express what we feel and think no matter what the outcome. I knew that there was animosity toward the Auto Atlanta name and George Hussey but I had no idea as to the depth of your resentment. I should have looked deeper into this and read more of your posts before just diving in and appearing to dismiss them. After hours of review, your grievances are now as serious to me as they are to you.

From now on, I will only post as myself, not as the conscience of the company. I will follow this post with an introduction post in a more appropriate thread and will continue to post under Lina at autoatlanta . I hope I can become a part of your club not just someone who posts a few times and quiets down. We have so much great a happenings here, that it will enhance the value of the club for all of its members, and hopefully make me a valued contributor. Lina Chahova
Porschef
I'm sure we appreciate the candor, it's not something that's going to change overnight unfortunately. Some are too far gone to bring back, others have had decent experiences, and will be less likely to bash.

I've not had a bad experience, but it was only limited to a couple of transactions, nothing terribly difficult to mess up. Also, I did speak directly with George, and found him to be a personable guy.

Looks like the ball's in your court...
rhodyguy
Welcome Lina, you should get an account of your own. Become a member of the community. If we appear angry, it's more bluntness. you'll not find a nicer, willing to help, generous group of people. Worldwide.
76-914
Lina, I believe your intentions are real but I doubt you will see any change in this communities feeling toward your employer. If you were in America 20 years ago you may remember a cartoon strip that ran under the name of "Peanuts" and the charectors Charlie Brown and Lucy. Every Autumn she would trick Charlie into kicking the football which she held. As he begAn with his kick she would withdraw the ball and he would end up on his back. EVERY YEAR. Your employer has taken this same approach with many, many people here. EVERY YEAR. Just wanted to present you with this analogy as someone expects you to move mountains ( that were originally molehils and easily remedied ). Good luck with your task. beerchug.gif Kent
rhodyguy
Bluntness alert. If you continue to post under your screen name, it just won't work out. If Catherine posts, it will be precieved you are on the clock. You already know how that works out.
Porschef
Yes, you may wind up needing many nickels before long...
headbang.gif
Catherine at AutoAtlanta
Congratulations Glen Cordle (Optimusglen)! You have been randomly selected as the winner of a set of brand new USA 914 Tail Light Lenses! You will be emailed with details shortly. Congrats!
Optimusglen
Holy crap.

Thank you!!
gandalf_025
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 6 2016, 12:36 PM) *

Holy crap.

Thank you!!

I don't have time to go through all this pages of this thread at the moment....

But curious.... Did you post in this thread before winning ?????
Optimusglen
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ May 6 2016, 11:54 AM) *

I did, page 2, post #27.

QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Apr 28 2016, 08:17 AM) *

I'll bite, Glen Cordle.
timothy_nd28
I'm happy for you Glen but of the 13 "likes" on Facebook, I didn't see your name. Per the instructions of post 1, you had to like the facebook page, vote in their poll, then post on this thread (which you did).
championgt1
yellowsleep[1].gif
Optimusglen
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ May 6 2016, 12:50 PM) *

I'm happy for you Glen but of the 13 "likes" on Facebook, I didn't see your name. Per the instructions of post 1, you had to like the facebook page, vote in their poll, then post on this thread (which you did).

You apparently didn't understand the rules correctly. You "Like" their page, vote in the poll, and comment in the thread. I did all three, what I did not do is "like" the poll. There are 13 likes for the poll.

Edit: Ya know what, even though I don't need to, I'll like the poll too chowtime.gif
914werke
Hmm, did you get to choose US or Euro & chose the US ?
I thought the point was to promote the return of the Euro ver. by giving away a set?
timothy_nd28
My apologies, you are right. I was hopeful with my chances of only 13 likes
Optimusglen
I voted US spec, so I assume that's how they chose to give me the US spec lenses. I think the goal was to promote the new parts of the new manufacturing process, which produces both styles I assume.
EdwardBlume
13 likes. Congratulations?
mepstein
QUOTE(RobW @ May 6 2016, 02:58 PM) *

13 likes. Congratulations?

12 more than I thought. I assume George would vote yes
DRPHIL914
they look really nice in the photo above, please report back about the fit and finish!! once installed
falcor75
Ok so time to go and unlike the AA page again.
DBCooper
QUOTE(falcor75 @ May 6 2016, 11:20 AM) *

Ok so time to go and unlike the AA page again.

lol-2.gif Ha ha ha ha, good one.
toolguy
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 6 2016, 09:36 AM) *

Holy crap.

Thank you!!

I would like to see you post an honest unbiased review when you check fit and finish. .
Yep. unbiased, give them the benefit of the doubt.
With pictures please.
Mueller
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 6 2016, 10:11 AM) *

QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ May 6 2016, 11:54 AM) *

I did, page 2, post #27.

QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Apr 28 2016, 08:17 AM) *

I'll bite, Glen Cordle.

Congrats....

wndsnd
I agree.

Congratulations. I hope you do get a nice set of lenses.

I will tell a funny story, well funny for every one but me.

I bought a set of pristine lenses from a member here.

They looked so great with the new paint job.

One day I decided to trick up a bit with LED inserts.

When I put the lens back on, I reached over the lip of the trunk and screwed on the round plastic nuts.

Later that day someone remarked How come your car has no rear lenses?

I had screwed the plastic nuts to the mounting studs of the housings, not the lens. They must have flew off around 80 MPH on my trip to Maine. No way to find.

Easy to do, expensive to learn......

bandjoey
wHAT???This again? and I wanted to win.. hissyfit.gif
Optimusglen
QUOTE(toolguy @ May 6 2016, 04:06 PM) *

Holy crap.

Thank you!!

I would like to see you post an honest unbiased review when you check fit and finish. .
With pictures please.

That I can do, nobody buys my opinion.
PanelBilly
Unlike
PanelBilly
Did I do this wrong again
somd914
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 6 2016, 06:50 PM) *

QUOTE(toolguy @ May 6 2016, 04:06 PM) *

Holy crap.

Thank you!!

With pictures please.

That I can do, nobody buys my opinion.

Hate to say, but to some degree they already did buy your opinion with "Liking" their page w/o ever seeing the product...

Guess I don't understand the FB "Like" thing. A few years back when looking for custom home builders, one builder in the running didn't have a web site but used FB instead. Confusing to see a builder who constructs a few homes a year had thousands of "Likes".

On a positive note, congrats on your win beerchug.gif
Optimusglen
QUOTE(somd914 @ May 6 2016, 07:53 PM) *

Hate to say, but to some degree they already did buy your opinion with "Liking" their page w/o ever seeing the product...

You definitely don't understand FB likes then, when you "like" a page, you're essentially signing up to keep updated when they post. You're not proclaiming an undieing affection. Besides, like many of you I liked their page right at the beginning of this contest.

Apart from that though, I've made 3-4 transactions with AA in the time I've been in the 914 world. Each and every time the transaction went smoothly and I was satisfied with the parts. What concerns me is that many of you will assume the worst about the product, if you want an unbiased opinion of the parts when I get them that's fine, I'll give one based on my experiences with them and the product itself. Don't question my sincerity on my posts though.
somd914
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 6 2016, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(somd914 @ May 6 2016, 07:53 PM) *

You definitely don't understand FB likes then, when you "like" a page, you're essentially signing up to keep updated when they post. You're not proclaiming an undieing affection. Besides, like many of you I liked their page right at the beginning of this contest.

Apart from that though, I've made 3-4 transactions with AA in the time I've been in the 914 world. Each and every time the transaction went smoothly and I was satisfied with the parts. What concerns me is that many of you will assume the worst about the product, if you want an unbiased opinion of the parts when I get them that's fine, I'll give one based on my experiences with them and the product itself. Don't question my sincerity on my posts though.

I did not mean to question your sincerity as I have no reason to believe you won't provide an unbiased opinion, apologies for coming across that way.

And yes I do understand FB Likes in order to stay connected to the post, the behind scenes marketing (though not a strong a "sharing"), and that liking is considered an endorsement to some users. So as I stated, "to some degree". But I digress as this is a car forum.

And yes, I am interested to see if these lenses are an improvement over their old ones - always good to see the parts market expand for our old cars, that is provided they are good parts.
Coondog
Now that I didn't win, I take back the nice things I said about AA........ headbang.gif
green ernie
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 30 2016, 03:58 PM) *

How about pictures of the actual product for sale rather than the OEM part?
Posting pictures of parts that are not what you are actually selling shows AA continues the bait and switch game that has made the the hated business that they are.
The only pair I saw on a car fit like crap. I would not buy them even if they looked perfect.
Had a Pelican customer bought a pair of the clear lenses. One lens was filled with air bubbles. Not sure he ever got it resolved.

A friend who used to work at AA told me they would sell a used damaged part part as NOS. They would spray it with Krylon paint, throw it in a box wet and ship it.
What kind of business owner would allow or condone that.
I dealt with the twice and they screwed up both times.
Fuch them.
Fuch your facebook likes.
Thank for showing us you are still the fuched up company with a fuched up owner.

I bought a pair of clear lenses from Pelican Parts and they were full of bubbles and not very good quality in general. I was told that they come directly from the supplier which was the reason they were not checked at Pelican. They came in a box with other parts that came from Pelican. Pelican would not pay the return postage from the UK so I posted them back from California when I was on holiday there and they replaced them no problem. They are not Hella and I didn't expect Hella quality. You get what you pay for when you buy a copy.
I have bought from 914 rubber also, missing parts, incorrect parts and no response to emails.
AA is the only place I have bought from and had quick service, good quality parts and no problems.
Porsche now produce more parts than ever for the 914 and will expand the range so maybe some other suppliers will have to improve. biggrin.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(green ernie @ May 7 2016, 12:56 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 30 2016, 03:58 PM) *

How about pictures of the actual product for sale rather than the OEM part?
Posting pictures of parts that are not what you are actually selling shows AA continues the bait and switch game that has made the the hated business that they are.
The only pair I saw on a car fit like crap. I would not buy them even if they looked perfect.
Had a Pelican customer bought a pair of the clear lenses. One lens was filled with air bubbles. Not sure he ever got it resolved.

A friend who used to work at AA told me they would sell a used damaged part part as NOS. They would spray it with Krylon paint, throw it in a box wet and ship it.
What kind of business owner would allow or condone that.
I dealt with the twice and they screwed up both times.
Fuch them.
Fuch your facebook likes.
Thank for showing us you are still the fuched up company with a fuched up owner.

I bought a pair of clear lenses from Pelican Parts and they were full of bubbles and not very good quality in general. I was told that they come directly from the supplier which was the reason they were not checked at Pelican. They came in a box with other parts that came from Pelican. Pelican would not pay the return postage from the UK so I posted them back from California when I was on holiday there and they replaced them no problem. They are not Hella and I didn't expect Hella quality. You get what you pay for when you buy a copy.
I have bought from 914 rubber also, missing parts, incorrect parts and no response to emails.
AA is the only place I have bought from and had quick service, good quality parts and no problems.
Porsche now produce more parts than ever for the 914 and will expand the range so maybe some other suppliers will have to improve. biggrin.gif

Earnie,
If I owe you anything, or you have any problems, just PM me I'm more than happy to take care of it. Yes, we occasionally have to back order parts, but WE pay the shipping.
rhodyguy
How much is shipping AND handling? Unless they truly are free and s&h is included.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.