Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: USA vs Euro Tail Light Lenses Giveaway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Catherine at AutoAtlanta
We are pleased to announce that after a long awaited arrival, the Euro 914 Tail Light Lenses are finally here! We would like you all to know that we heard the feedback from the first run loud and clear. Please consider this second run a symbol of our deep desire to give our fellow 914 enthusiasts better products that they’d be proud of! With the expert help of our German engineer Juergen and 18 months of meticulous testing and re-testing , we have perfected them significantly. They are tougher, much more consistent, and they fit perfectly. We should know, we hand fit each pair before shipping them out! They could not be any closer to the original Hella, we did side by side comparisons at each stage of the creation of these vibrant works of art.

To celebrate the arrival of our colorful new Euro 914 Tail Light Lenses, the team at AutoAtlanta would like to give away a set of the perfect 914 Tail Light Lenses to a faithful member of the 914 community. Whether they are the red/clear USA lenses or our new amber/red/clear Euro lenses. Heres is all you need to do to participate!
Step 1: Go to our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/AutomobileAtlanta, and “Like” us!
Step 2: Vote in our poll, “Red vs Euro 914 Tail Light Lenses”
Step 3: Comment with your name on this post

When we get 100 likes on our poll, we will choose one random winner through www.random.org! The winner will be randomly drawn from the participants of the poll.
When we get 500 likes on our poll, we will choose a second random winner through www.random.org! That winner will also be drawn randomly from the poll participants.

That’s all you have to do! Good Luck!

This poll will remain open until Friday, May 6th, 12:00 PM Eastern Time.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sb914
Good luck with that!
ConeDodger
What are you wearing Jake at State Farm?? evilgrin.gif
Actually its another form of marketing 101. The more " likes " you have, it like your promoting the vendors products.
I might be wrong, but after years in marketing and sales...I can read the overall objective.
It's just my small brain thinking out loud.
Larmo63
Khakis?…………….
bandjoey
other reports here that the lens are a perfect fit. i'll vote for a chance. it costs less than a lottery ticket.. Bill Andrews done
pete000
Who says you can't buy positive feedback !
SirAndy
QUOTE(pete000 @ Apr 27 2016, 04:43 PM) *
Who says you can't buy positive feedback !

Now you tell me ...
headbang.gif
Mike Bellis
I have a set from the last group buy. They don't fit as well as my Hella lenses... dry.gif
mepstein
I guess if your not going to provide good customer service you can always trick people into "liking" your company
TheCabinetmaker
Catherine, let's cut to the chase. Find a new job! Your not going to do well here. If AA was the only 914 parts vendor, I would sell my car after 43 years of ownership. Never purchased an aa part, and never will. Better grow some tough skin quick.
Puebloswatcop
I have never had any problem with any purchases or customer service at AA. So I guess I am not sure what all the problems are about. As for fit of these lenses I am willing to give them a shot, need 2 sets because I am working on a his and hers set of 914's. smash.gif
bigkensteele
I wonder if they would let me return the stromberg.gif s that I bought in the last group buy for the new and improved version... idea.gif

av-943.gif ar15.gif stirthepot.gif popcorn[1].gif
rick 918-S
I want to try a set but I don't face book. dry.gif I'm not allowed. slap.gif Is the Juergen listed in the post our Juergen on this forum?
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 27 2016, 06:42 PM) *
Is the Juergen listed in the post our Juergen on this forum?

We have a Jürgen?
confused24.gif
Kansas 914
Does the Euro lens have a Hella logo on it or is it the AUATL logo?

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Apr 27 2016, 06:24 PM) *

I have never had any problem with any purchases or customer service at AA. So I guess I am not sure what all the problems are about. As for fit of these lenses I am willing to give them a shot, need 2 sets because I am working on a his and hers set of 914's. smash.gif

On the last lens group buy, AA shipped me a 928 wheel but no lenses. A shitty 928 wheel. I had to call them and they shipped out lenses and took back the wheel.
toolguy
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 27 2016, 06:33 PM) *

I wonder if they would let me return the stromberg.gif s that I bought in the last group buy for the new and improved version... idea.gif

Catherine. . this would be the path of a stand up seller. . Offering an exchange program, at no cost, would go along way in customer relations. . not trying to buy votes. .

Rob-O
I'll wait to see how these look and fit from the guinea pigs before I decide on a set of these. Almost pulled the trigger on the first set, so I (and I'm sure a ton of other potential buyers) are a little gun shy this time around.
rgalla9146
Catherine are you related to George ?
Coondog
I have ordered small items from AA in the past without any issues and I understand there prices can be high compared to other vendors. But compared to Rich at High Performance House, AA is a deal when it comes to after market 914 parts.

As for the lens I will put my hat in the ring for a free set of Euros if I win I will put one side on and look for a difference. Don't get that people are complaining about free but I do agree a exchange for ill fitting lens would be nice.

And Catherine keep up the good work, learning a trade no matter the industry beats standing in the welfare line...... dry.gif
era vulgaris
Not my chair not my problem.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ufkppI5Mk
porschetub
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Apr 28 2016, 03:50 PM) *

Catherine are you related to George ?

Oh dear????
db9146
Waiting for consensus of feedback.
Optimusglen
I'll bite, Glen Cordle.
PanelBilly
I could use a set
stevegm
I'm in. Steve Martin. I could use a set. And they look pretty good. It seems like a good way to build social media currency.
rhodyguy
No thank you.

How is it there's no mention of this swell offer at club?

bowzer
QUOTE(toolguy @ Apr 27 2016, 08:24 PM) *

Catherine. . this would be the path of a stand up seller. . Offering an exchange program, at no cost, would go along way in customer relations. . not trying to buy votes. .

watch the shipping be $85.00 like when i bought some chrome wheel rings and they charged me that amount,tried to argue it with them,no luck.never again
rhodyguy
Another happy customer.
Catherine at AutoAtlanta
Thank you!
QUOTE(toolguy @ Apr 27 2016, 08:24 PM) *

Exchange Program- excellent idea, but that's too easy.

My OT experience with this company. 26 years ago I called on a 916 trans part. Never got a good answer, so I asked the sales person if they can send me a catalog. He mentioned, it will cost you x dollars. That was the last time I called and attempted to do business with them.
Just my .02
rhodyguy
Then you wind up with a gazillion FB updates/status changes in your inbox. Daily. No thank you.
Catherine at AutoAtlanta

There are more young people and women working at Auto Atlanta in the past year than ever, many of them had not experienced the wrath of the bitter portion of the members of this club before. This forum and community is world famous for it and now we see why. Of course there are many exceptions. We want to be a part of this forum and hope to be treated with respect and be assured we will treat you respectfully. Let the past be the past, let us make it better, at least let us try. For those of you in kind spirits, Thank you!

ConeDodger No, real people who come to work at Auto Atlanta every day and try to do better.

Mike Bellis they do not fit as well as the Hella lenses because they are not the Hella lenses.Sorry to have disappointed!

mepstein Thank you for the wonderful dose of bitterness, I will relay the message to the rest of the team.

rgalla9146 Catherine of Auto Atlanta is a cumulative summary of the women on the Auto Atlanta team and their desire to engage with the 914 community.

db9146- we have every intention of giving out lenses, enter the drawing and you could very well win them! Good luck!

bandjoey - Thank you, the photos are beautiful!

Puebloswatcop- Thank you for the positivity.

rick 918-S – pm me your name and we will make an exception for you so you can enter

scotty boy – Thank you.

Kansas 914- great question, the lenses display “AUATL”

toolguy – we just got them, there is no telling what the future holds but thank you for the idea, you will be the first to know if we decide to do it

Rob-O – We understand, pm me your information and we will see what we can do for you

Coondog- Thank you for the positive energy, we appreciate customers like you, I hope you entered the drawing through facebook! Best of luck!

PanelBilly- Best of luck !

stevegm - Best of luck Steve martin!

bowzer- We employ UPS trained shipping and packing experts, they know what it takes to get your item to you safely and soundly. Shipping rates do vary based on the volume of the box an item ends up occupying and based on location. I hope one day you change your mind about us.

rhodyguy- That what we love to hear! Thank you!

For those of you who entered but forgot to comment their name on here , please do not forget to do so, we want you to be considered!
rhodyguy
Vitriolic wrath doesn't come cheaply. It's earned. It's not as if a lack of personal experiences is a factor. You were thrown to the wolves. Sorry if you were offended by the collective responses.
iankarr
As a service business owner, I'm very, very concerned with how I treat my customers and fully believe that people who provide poor service deserve whatever they get. But I wanted to provide a few observations...

1) I've been a member of the World for less than a year. In that time, I haven't personally come across many (any) posts that provide specific examples of bad experiences with AA. But I've read lots of posts alluding to never buying from AA. That's not to say that there hasn't been a problem in the past year...just that the anti-AA sentiment seems (as a relative newcomer) to be based on the fairly distant past. Personally, I prefer to order from Mark @ 914rubber...but I have ordered from AA without trouble. And I find myself frequently referencing the exploded parts diagrams on their site.

2) We are a passionate, yet small community. We need each other...and we need parts to keep our addictions...er...cars...on the road. I have a 65 mustang and there are dozens of suppliers who sell parts for the huge numbers of them still out there. If one goes out of business, no biggie. The 914 universe is much, much smaller. Encouraging people to boycott AA might eventually cause them to close, which could be bad for us in the end.

3) Let's be constructive. Maybe being persona non grata has opened George's eyes a bit. I suggest we use this forum to specifically list the issues we have with AA and then let Catherine respond as to how those issues will be addressed. It couldn't hurt.

Catherine...one thing. This community is super sharp. The FB "like" thing might work for millennials who don't value their privacy, but I'm pretty sure most people on this site were alive when men (supposedly) landed on the moon and we can see right through clickbait. Given the reputation of AA here, I think a better contest would be to award the person with the most constructive suggestions for improving AA's service with the free lenses. Just sayin...

Sincerely,

Rodney King
Catherine at AutoAtlanta
cuddyk - Thank you so much for the constructive and concise review. As a fellow small business , we truly appreciate the magnitude of what you are trying to send across. We do not plan to spam any of you, we want you to hopefully stay up to date on items we get in stock, promotions, contests, events etc and we want your feedback. You could always unsubscribe if what we post truly does not speak to you directly. All we ask is that you give us a chance.

I love the suggestion -sometime soon we shall openi up a discussion on here about what our fellow 914 community members would truly like to see and what their past experiences have been specifically.

Stay tuned, this is only the beginning!

mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 28 2016, 11:36 AM) *

Vitriolic wrath doesn't come cheaply. It's earned. It's not as if a lack of personal experiences is a factor. You were thrown to the wolves. Sorry if you were offended by the collective responses.

Every year George throws in another newbie promising to bring peace and love to the 914world from AA.

You know, I used to think AA was a valuable asset to the 914 community. Now I know Mark at 914rubber and a couple other great vendors could completely fill AA's niche in about 2 months, be 10x more successful and provide 100x better customer service. In fact, they all ready are. beerchug.gif

So no, I'm not going to play AA's game and "like" them on the internet, so people will mistakenly think they have better feedback than they really do, just for the chance to win their reproduction products that might be better made than the last time they disappointed buyers when they tried to reproduce the part.
Catherine at AutoAtlanta
You have a choice of whether or not to participate in the contest. George throws none on here, if one of our staff members felt like introducing themselves on here in the past that was their personal choice.
iankarr
Catherine...

Happy to make suggestions.

Remember that nothing will improve without first admitting there's a problem and caring enough to do something about it. If George is unwilling to do either, then don't waste your time.

And, this community is small enough that you don't need likes on Facebook. Everyone you need to reach is here. Just do a good job and make people happy to do business with you. You'll be amazed at how far that goes.

Forget answering the objections. You'll never win. At this point, admission and actions are the only things that will make a difference.

Okay, I've given you enough free consulting. Do with this what you will...
Big Len
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Apr 28 2016, 01:45 PM) *

Catherine...

Remember that nothing will improve without first admitting there's a problem and caring enough to do something about it..... At this point, admission and actions are the only things that will make a difference

Couldn't agree more.
mepstein
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Apr 28 2016, 01:45 PM) *

Catherine...

Remember that nothing will improve without first admitting there's a problem and caring enough to do something about it. If George is unwilling to do either, then don't waste your time.

And, this community is small enough that you don't need likes on Facebook. Everyone you need to reach is here. Just do a good job and make people happy to do business with you. You'll be amazed at how far that goes.

Forget answering the objections. You'll never win. At this point, admission and actions are the only things that will make a difference.

Okay, I've given you enough free consulting. Do with this what you will...

They actually do need the likes. A business like AA burns and churns thrugh customers so they are always looking for new ones. Making up good feedback must be nessasary since they can't count on a lot of repeat business. Just like the employee turnover.

Unfortunately for catherine, the problem starts at the top.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Catherine at AutoAtlanta @ Apr 28 2016, 10:35 AM) *

cuddyk - Thank you so much for the constructive and concise review. As a fellow small business , we truly appreciate the magnitude of what you are trying to send across. We do not plan to spam any of you, we want you to hopefully stay up to date on items we get in stock, promotions, contests, events etc and we want your feedback. You could always unsubscribe if what we post truly does not speak to you directly. All we ask is that you give us a chance.

I love the suggestion -sometime soon we shall openi up a discussion on here about what our fellow 914 community members would truly like to see and what their past experiences have been specifically.

Stay tuned, this is only the beginning!

rock_band.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif rock_band.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif rock_band.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif rock_band.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif rock_band.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif rock_band.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif rock_band.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif rock_band.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif

Don't be offended Catherine, but we've heard the song and dance many times before. The AA reputation has been painfully earned and a little time learning the search function here will give many details of basic expectations and specific grievances from this community. When AA offers something of substance to make amends, instead of marketing promos to enhance their own image they might find a more receptive audience.

Being dismissive of 'vitriolic wrath' is a common trait of AA minions. Hasn't won friends in the past and probably won't now. I don't envy the steep hill you have to climb.
timothy_nd28
Back in the 90's, I had many great experiences with George at autoatlanta, he was very helpful with me on the phone with diagnosing my issues and giving me a good deal on replacement parts. After replacing the 4th failed airflow meter within 2 months, George refused to sell me another airflow meter until I found the vacuum leak which was causing the replacement AFM's to fail. Being that I was a highschool student at the time, armed with dads credit card, I will always appreciate the time George spent with me fixing my 914 any taking the time to do so during his busy day.

I too had read the bad customer service reviews on this forum. AA shot themselves in the foot over the last decade. It's hard to recover from so so many bad reviews over the last years. There seems to be a disconnect with the company employees relating or even caring about their customers. I never had this problem with George, but I did have a issue with some employee that represented AA on eBay. After waiting 6 weeks for a core pedal cluster, and 2 separate shipping's, my issue was finally resolved.

I will always be for second chances, I even voted in your FB poll. I'm hopeful that the non charismatic employees will be let go, and new caring employees to be employed. AA needs resuscitation, they need a new face representing what AA stands for. Are you this person Catherine? Post a picture of yourself and your team, it's nice to put a face on something you are potentially doing business with.
relentless
Geez, I understand bitterness over past bad deals but a promo for free is offered and some of you act like you've been taken (again)! And what has Catherine done to you personally - steal your significant other (jk)? Let's give her a chance.

I could use a free set of lens for one of my 914's!
stevegm
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Apr 28 2016, 01:03 PM) *

As a service business owner, I'm very, very concerned with how I treat my customers and fully believe that people who provide poor service deserve whatever they get. But I wanted to provide a few observations...

1) I've been a member of the World for less than a year. In that time, I haven't personally come across many (any) posts that provide specific examples of bad experiences with AA. But I've read lots of posts alluding to never buying from AA. That's not to say that there hasn't been a problem in the past year...just that the anti-AA sentiment seems (as a relative newcomer) to be based on the fairly distant past. Personally, I prefer to order from Mark @ 914rubber...but I have ordered from AA without trouble. And I find myself frequently referencing the exploded parts diagrams on their site.

2) We are a passionate, yet small community. We need each other...and we need parts to keep our addictions...er...cars...on the road. I have a 65 mustang and there are dozens of suppliers who sell parts for the huge numbers of them still out there. If one goes out of business, no biggie. The 914 universe is much, much smaller. Encouraging people to boycott AA might eventually cause them to close, which could be bad for us in the end.

3) Let's be constructive. Maybe being persona non grata has opened George's eyes a bit. I suggest we use this forum to specifically list the issues we have with AA and then let Catherine respond as to how those issues will be addressed. It couldn't hurt.

Catherine...one thing. This community is super sharp. The FB "like" thing might work for millennials who don't value their privacy, but I'm pretty sure most people on this site were alive when men (supposedly) landed on the moon and we can see right through clickbait. Given the reputation of AA here, I think a better contest would be to award the person with the most constructive suggestions for improving AA's service with the free lenses. Just sayin...

Sincerely,

Rodney King

I agree. We need everybody. And that need will only increase as these cars get older, and it becomes increasingly difficult to find parts. There are so many different people, AA included, that have invested so much time, money, and energy into these cars over the decades. All of the vendors are incredible resources. I appreciate all that each one does. Everyone doesn't always do things the way that everyone else thinks they should. But, that's life. What is most important is that we are all working together to preserve the car we love.
Catherine at AutoAtlanta
catherine is a combination of the following Auto Atlanta team members : Tom, Mia, Kiki, Lina (the poster). All of our combined ideas and visions will debut here first, you will always be the first to know. Thank you.

P.S: A photo is coming soon, possibly tomorrow
Catherine at AutoAtlanta
Thank you to all of those in positive spirits who have entered the contest.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Catherine at AutoAtlanta @ Apr 28 2016, 08:02 AM) *
There are more young people and women working at Auto Atlanta in the past year than ever

Good! thumb3d.gif

QUOTE(Catherine at AutoAtlanta @ Apr 28 2016, 08:02 AM) *
many of them had not experienced the vitriolic wrath of the bitter portion of the members of this club before.

Just try to remember, what you call "vitriolic" didn't just condensate out of thin air.

Instead of blaming our members, i suggest you do a search here (you can go as far back as 2003) and see for yourself. You will find plenty of threads from real people that had real issues when dealing with AA.

Dismissing their frustration as "vitriolic wrath" is not going to help you with the uphill battle you are facing in trying to change the image of AA.
shades.gif

PS: welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.