Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: empty bank of relays
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
Final question for this eveni ng.

I found a bank of three relay connectors under the passenger seat. There is also a thick red/yellow wire that looks as though has been cut and rejoined.

Any info on these? I've tried reading my manual but i can't figure the diagrams out.Click to view attachment
bretth
These are part of the seat belt/ignition kill switch set up on the later dash seat belt light cars. I can take a pic of the ones on my 75 1.8 if it is useful to you.

Brett
Mark Henry
The socket on the left looks a lot like a fuel pump relay from a VW FI bus. But looking at I can see its on the floor.
JFG
QUOTE(bretth @ Apr 29 2016, 06:28 PM) *

These are part of the seat belt/ignition kill switch set up on the later dash seat belt light cars. I can take a pic of the ones on my 75 1.8 if it is useful to you.

Brett

I'd assume the previous owner has bypassed this seeing as the bank is empty and the wire has been jointed. I also noted the sensors in the seats were disconnected.
914Sixer
Yes, it is the seat belt bypass. The bad is the wires were cut. All that was required was to unplug the spades from the block and plug them into a double male connector. Make sure you correct the twisted and splice. Put them in a butt connector.
74ravenna
QUOTE(bretth @ Apr 29 2016, 02:28 PM) *

Brett

Hi Brett,

I'd appreciate it if you did post a photo of yours.

Thanks
Steve
bretth
Here is my 75. It may have been tampered with somewhat. The large black wire was disconnected at both ends and the original seats are long gone. The seat belt connectors have been disconnected by a previous owner.Click to view attachment
bretth
I just realized I only have the one connection block compared to your two.

Brett
Dave_Darling
You have found the Dreaded Seatbelt Interlock Relay. Or rather, what is left of it after the system has been disabled. It is better disabled.

The other socket might be for the "door ajar" buzzer. It was on my 74, but the buzzer was pathetic and annoying and it was pretty obvious when the door was open, so I removed that also.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.