Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mirror Glass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdm914
Does any one sell replacement glass for OEM 914 mirrors? My local glass shop can not get the proper thickness for cutting. I have several mirrors that need the glass replaced.
mepstein
I'm waiting for 914rubber to have it ready.
Tbrown4x4
The side mirrors or the center mirror?
jdm914
Side mirror...
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ May 3 2016, 08:17 AM) *

The side mirrors or the center mirror?

Has anyone ever replaced a interior mirror lens ?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jdm914 @ May 3 2016, 06:32 AM) *

Side mirror...

I think some here have just gone to a local glass/mirror company and had them cut for about $5.
Cuda911
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ May 3 2016, 08:09 AM) *

QUOTE(jdm914 @ May 3 2016, 06:32 AM) *

Side mirror...

I think some here have just gone to a local glass/mirror company and had them cut for about $5.

I had new mirrors made at a local glass shop. They had no problem at all, but I think it was about $50 for the pair, since they had to do quite a bit of sanding or grinding to get a perfect fit. Anyway, the results were great!

Old and new:

RohJay
QUOTE(jdm914 @ May 3 2016, 04:26 PM) *

Does any one sell replacement glass for OEM 914 mirrors? My local glass shop can not get the proper thickness for cutting. I have several mirrors that need the glass replaced.

There are several for sale on eBay.de.

This is one listing
914Sixer
Sierra Madre Collection and AA has them, BUT they are thinner than the factory glass. The glass is laser cut and a perfect fit but they will need a little spacing help on the back side.
jdm914
I ordered one from Auto Atlanta but it was not a perfect fit. I am sending it back and still looking.
tomrev
Just did this at my local glass place; took cracked, old mirror for templant. Fresh mirror was $6. Pretty effortless!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(tomrev @ May 17 2016, 01:52 PM) *

Just did this at my local glass place; took cracked, old mirror for templant. Fresh mirror was $6. Pretty effortless!

agree.gif
914Sixer
You do know there is TWO different size mirrors ?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 17 2016, 03:41 PM) *

You do know there is TWO different size mirrors ?

popcorn[1].gif
jdm914
What is the correct thickness for the side mirror? The one I removed was 2.75mm and the one I bought was 2.25mm. The finish and diameter cut was perfect from AA but the thickness I'm not sure of. AA said I could return it and were easy to deal with or I could add a spacer and use it but I would rather pay more and have a perfect fit if possible. Am I asking to much?
jdm914
I went ahead and kept the mirror and added a medium density 3/16" thick padding to the back of the mirror to get a proper fit. I usually do not like to modify parts to get a fit but in this case I made an exception. All is good again, at least for now....
Mikey914
There are 2 different sizes, we have cut some with the water jet, but the material wants to move as it started to float toward the end. Makes it come in a little more than it should. We just need to tweek the program to cut larger and will have to polish the edges.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.