Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Gas Tank 1970-1974 Very Clean $150 Bare tank, $250 Complete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
I pulled this tank from a 914 in a Pick a Part yard. It is a very clean tank with little surface rust and most of the original paint and white stamp markings intact.
I wiped down the outside and sprayed the inside with carb cleaner to remove most of the varnish that formed when the tank sat in the California sun with the last dap of gas in it.
I have a set of cleaned nipples and nuts and will include them with new paper gaskets and a new screen.
I can also supply a filler neck, expansion tank, fuel sender and or assemble it all with new gaskets.

$150 Bare tank, $250 Complete.

Prefer local pick up but will ship from 92505 CA
bdstone914
Inside Picture
rhodyguy
Clean reserve well.
flmont
Ill take that tank,..if it fits a 76' and if its that clean thru-out the whole tank,.??

Thanks Frank
bdstone914
Are you running the fuel injection ? One of the nipples willl have to be switched to the larger size for a 76. If you are running carbs you can just use a single outlet nipple on the tank.

It will fit into a 76. You will need the expansion tank, filler neck and gas cap that matches this tank. I have to check to see it I have a gas cap. Do you want the sending unit too? The early tanks have a bracket for the charcoal canister on the tank. 76 have it in the engine compartment. You could keep the canister in the engine bay and connect the lines as needed. Maybe someone else can comment regarding retro fitting an early tank to a late car.

Bruce
flmont
well,...my car is getting a 3.6 suby conversion,so I would be doing a 1 way FI system anyway,..I just need the tank,...I have a 74 to rob from if I need the other items..
gcrotvik
Hi Bruce,

I need the tank for my 70 6 conversion if it's still available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.