QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 15 2016, 11:50 AM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ May 15 2016, 08:46 AM) *

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5586649156.html

Seems very reasonably priced and very clean

2 blocks from my house

I'm interested...

GiddyUp!! piratenanner.gif
Frankvw
I did mail the seller just after it was posted on CL with some questions. He did not get back to me yet.if there is info...let me know.
Cairo94507
I really do not like flippers who post stuff that says the car needs something but they have not had time to do it. In other words, I bought this, might have vacuumed and washed it, and I want to clean several thousand dollars off the top.

Aside from that, car seems pretty clean in those few photos. Get it up in the air and give it a good examination. '75 at least keeps you from worrying about smog certifications.
iwanta914-6
I did send you a PM TheLogo. If you are willing to take a look at it for me, let me know and we can work something out. "finders fee" "PPI fee" something along those lines.

Frankvw
If this car turns out ok, maybe one of the 914-less people will end up with one ! :-)
@thelogo: in case you need to contact him....his name is Jason. I have a phonenumber. Not sure if posting phonenumbers of other people on the fora is within rules/etiqette?
hope to see/hear feedback.
Hey IWanta....maybe we get lucky this time :-)
thelogo
Would be happy to check it out for anyone

Absolutely free of charge

Contact me i ll send you my cell. Laleaguea@gmail.com

Im a straight shooter and will be honest about condition

I also am leery of the whole quick flipper sale

And the cold start problems on any original f,i engine

Is not a good sign .

thelogo
[quote name='Cairo94507' date='May 15 2016, 09:28 AM' post='2344952']
I really do not like flippers who post stuff that says the car needs something but they have not had time to do it. In other words, I bought this, might have vacuumed and washed it, and I want to clean several thousand dollars off the top

Real hate that also because it is extremely suspicious

But if i pay what i feel is fair for i nice ride and paperwork is legit
Then i can live with a bit of vacuum ing $ off the top

But i just thought it was a ok looking car for a realistic price

And no car with rivera rims should ever be priced more then 5k headbang.gif beer3.gif
rhodyguy
Up side is the wheels might be formula Vees. A much better fit for narrow bodied cars. Hard to tell from the pictures. These days, a car that's a decent chassis, runs and drives, priced at 6.3k is a no brainer. The wheels would be the least of my worries. Hope this one is 'the one' for you.
dangrouche
I byassed my cold start valve years ago and being in northern Ca, let alone so cal, it never squirts gas, unless its cold.
thelogo
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 15 2016, 12:19 PM) *

Up side is the wheels might be formula Vees. A much better fit for narrow bodied cars. Hard to tell from the pictures. These days, a car that's a decent chassis, runs and drives, priced at 6.3k is a no brainer. The wheels would be the least of my worries. Hope this one is 'the one' for you.

Thats what im sayin

These opportunities can be far and few between

I want to buy it

but i already have a creampuff 73 with f.i ar15.gif
And have no desire to start buying and selling cars in addition to my full time job

porschetub
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 16 2016, 05:38 AM) *

I did send you a PM TheLogo. If you are willing to take a look at it for me, let me know and we can work something out. "finders fee" "PPI fee" something along those lines.

Nice looking car ,this could be the one.......
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(porschetub @ May 15 2016, 03:21 PM) *

Maybe, we will see...
thelogo
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 15 2016, 01:54 PM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ May 15 2016, 03:21 PM) *

Maybe, we will see...

I got a call from you but i was in the middle of a bank transfer

Do you want to contact the seller also

I think it would be smart , since the whole im checking out this car for someone else may not go over to great
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(thelogo @ May 15 2016, 04:13 PM) *

I think it would be smart , since the whole im checking out this car for someone else may not go over to great

Good idea. I'll see if I can contact the seller.
thelogo
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 15 2016, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ May 15 2016, 04:13 PM) *

Good idea. I'll see if I can contact the seller.

I just called seller no answer
QUOTE(thelogo @ May 15 2016, 06:46 AM) *

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5586649156.html

Seems very reasonably priced and very clean

2 blocks from my house

Maybe you can walk the two blocks, buy it and add it to your collection piratenanner.gif . You don't even have to pay for shipping.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(thelogo @ May 15 2016, 05:44 PM) *
I just called seller no answer

I talked to him a bit ago, said you were texting him while we were talking, lol.
Porschef
popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif popcorn[1].gif
thelogo
I went to see the car

It is exactly as described it runs well ,

All the rust areas are not a concern

Rockers were on but looked really solid from underside

Hell hole really is clean as a whistle engine shelf good etc

Rear suspension arms solid as can be

Interior is really good

Maybe the car could use a going thru to run flawless
But any used car needs that too

Then again you could get in the car and drive for a very very very
Long time without a problem i think .

It has the holes in both side of car where decretive side stripes used to be .

I think its well worth the money .

Solid structure, everything is there .
Concorurse awards winner ,,no

But for 6300 . Worth it .

Any other details just ask .

Seller has access to a lift and said he would show underside
To buyers on request .

I would just buy and drive like it is

If you need perfect perfect car then very little additional
Money would be required.

Seller is definitely the registered owner of the car

No b,s here
thelogo
Would be perfect 1st 914 for anyone ,or perfect start for a conversion of your choice .

As opposed to the permanentlly on jackstands stuff
You usually see

L.jet is not running absolutely perfect thats really the only issue i see that car needs addressed but im not a l.jet guy.

If i didnt have a 914 i would not hesitate to pull the trigger on this one.
Frankvw
Thanks for the update, thelogo.
That is nice about this (or any) community.
not only support in words but action as well.
Is there a 914 mechanic in your area that could sort the L jet issue ?

Ok...Iwanta...did you contact the seller already ?
I will reach out to him as well.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Frankvw @ May 16 2016, 03:02 AM) *

Ok...Iwanta...did you contact the seller already ?
I will reach out to him as well.

I spoke with him prior to thelogo's inspection. He has scheduled an appointment for Tuesday I believe, to get the FI sorted. I feel like I should jump on this one, but I'm hesitating because of the trim holes. I should not be picky, i know. I think I'm also holding out hope for the local Ancona blue one...
Frankvw
Hey IWanta, All cars I looked at or saw online needed work (in the category I am looking at, and I guess you are too).
This one needs some work too but is reasonably priced and checked out by thelogo, which is a good thing ! And maybe they can get the car tuned ok before the sale...
I will see if I can get a hold of the seller to get the answers to my questions.
To be honest...the trimholes are also a bit bothering me...but they are not clearly visible in the pics so I will ask about that if I get in touch with the seller.
Optimusglen
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 16 2016, 06:52 AM) *

I think I'm also holding out hope for the local Ancona blue one...

I'd jump on this one. Anything in MN will not likely be that clean, and if it was it would fetch a premium.
billh1963
Looks like an original California car (tits on the rubber bumper).

Knowing the cost of rust repair, anyone interested had better move quickly. This is not the time to be timid. smile.gif
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 16 2016, 06:25 AM) *

Looks like an original California car (tits on the rubber bumper).

Knowing the cots of rust repair, anyone interested had better move quickly. This is not the time to be timid. smile.gif

Wise advice, some will be in the same position an year from now when price / cost of parts go up...then they ask themselves....I should have.

I asked myself the same question when I see Seinfeld factory GT...especially when I checked it out and was going to get it in 1982 for 25K that summer day!
iwanta914-6
Well, I sent Jason (the seller) a text. I'm at work so phone conversations are difficult, plus it's 7am in Cali. Hopefully we can connect and figure out the logistics. When I talked to him yesterday he told me he has a contact of an auto transport company that would give me a deal if I used his name. So he may be able to assist me with handling that.

Fingers crossed.
billh1963
There are several types of 914 buyers:
1. Tire kickers - fantasize about a car but never take action. They spend a lot of time and emotional energy (and use up other peoples time) but never buy. No car is ever right. A lot of them place WTB ads on the forums then basically disappear

2. Timid buyers (chicken shits) - These are the guys who over analyze everything, worry about the price, and waffle over the decision. Once someone else buys the car they realize it was a good deal and then whine on the forums about how they could have had that car but someone else bought it out from under them

3. Flippers/Dealers - No explanation needed. They are quick to move on properly priced cars and snatch them up...usually pissing off the chicken shits. The dealers don't post...just lurk while others find and post cars the dealer winds up buying

4. More money than sense - That's me far too often. Buying a car on emotion rather than fact smile.gif

5. Informed and Decisive buyers - Buyers who have been looking for a while, have done their research and realize that no 40+ year old car is perfect. When a decent car comes along they jump in and buy it.

They may be other types but this sums up what I see on a regular basis.

What does this have to do with this thread? It's a warning to prospective buyers. If you are serious, put a deposit on the car and get off your ass. I wouldn't be surprised if a dealer has already moved on this car. Waiting on a PPI on a $6000 car without a deposit guarantees someone like me or a dealer will get there first. Good luck to everyone involved lol-2.gif
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 16 2016, 09:37 AM) *

2. Timid buyers (chicken shits) - These are the guys who over analyze everything, worry about the price, and waffle over the decision. Once someone else buys the car they realize it was a good deal and then whine on the forums about how they could have had that car but someone else bought it out from under them

What does this have to do with this thread? It's a warning to prospective buyers. If you are serious, put a deposit on the car and get off your ass. I wouldn't be surprised if a dealer has already moved on this car. Waiting on a PPI on a $6000 car without a deposit guarantees someone like me or a dealer will get there first. Good luck to everyone involved lol-2.gif

Yeah, I'll admit it that I'm #2 for sure.

I've made strides recently though. My biggest hurdle has been my lovely wife. I'm at the point that I just need to be the "man" and do it. The seller said to me he's gotten about 30 calls on the car, so there is definitely not a lack of interest. I hope we can work something out...
era vulgaris
Wow, that's a deal for a solid running driving car. Who cares if it has Rivieras at that price! driving.gif
Frankvw
Just had a call with the seller (Jason), there is enough interest in the car yes.
Jason seems a fair guy, he was very honest about the car and did not make it prettier than it was. He is into cars and has some .....more a collector than a seller I think. He mentioned he did meet Josh (thelogo) and also mentioned Carl(Iwanta) as potential buyer.
He mentioned car was California all its life, previous owner in SanDiego, blueplate car.
Had a repaint long time ago. Rest is already mentioned by thelogo.

@iwanta...looks like a great first 914
@billh1963 ..great summary. Mmm....which one am I ? :-)
7TPorsh
Word up guys! I have been tracking 914 cars and prices in southern cal. A deal like this....and this is a deal....will not be there past tomorrow.

It's always the case somebody wants the car, has to wait past the weekend for Monday to get the cash....then the car is gone by Monday afternoon.

I lost out on a couple cars this way...Lotus Europa JPS for $1500 sticks in my head like glue.

Just go get it; not worth thinking about or haggling.
Porschef
Um, Giddyup?

WTF.gif

blink.gif

popcorn[1].gif

914itis
Does he realy need a car?
confused24.gif
7TPorsh
Carnac predicts:

"Car will be gone today; it not already"

Click to view attachment
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ May 16 2016, 01:21 PM) *

Carnac predicts:

If so, then so be it. When I spoke with Jason a few hours ago, he was in the process of making a video to answer the slew of questions he's been getting.
billh1963
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 16 2016, 02:48 PM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ May 16 2016, 01:21 PM) *

Carnac predicts:

If so, then so be it. When I spoke with Jason a few hours ago, he was in the process of making a video to answer the slew of questions he's been getting.

Did you offer to put down a deposit?
Gunn1
Looks like we have a failure to launch boys

Click to view attachment
thelogo
Car is now sold !!!!

Please delete this thread
Gunn1
Any one know what the sales price was for this car?

And did it go to a member?

Knew it wouldn't last long
iwanta914-6
Yeah, he emailed me and said he received a deposit. I'm not heartbroken. I was in love with the price but not the car. Yeah that's Mr #2 the timid buyer talking, lol.
7TPorsh
Run Forrest, RUN!:
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5588182208.html

thelogo
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 16 2016, 03:52 PM) *

Yeah, he emailed me and said he received a deposit. I'm not heartbroken. I was in love with the price but not the car. Yeah that's Mr #2 the timid buyer talking, lol.

By the nicest car you can afford

This great advice was given to me by a member here along time ago

As long as you follow it you cant go wrong
Gunn1
If these words were true, many of us would have none.....

Sometimes you just got to shoot for the moon!

Cairo94507
Word! You will be far ahead, by far, if you follow that advice. I have had my Six since Feb. 2010 and was able to drive it the day I bought it and not since.

I can't wait until it comes home, I think we are fast approaching the down hill slope though and hope to have it back this year.
thelogo
"The desire for glory is not a sin al

You try to remember that ."

The great ty cobb screwy.gif
QUOTE(OU812 @ May 16 2016, 03:40 PM) *

Any one know what the sales price was for this car?

And did it go to a member?

Knew it wouldn't last long

What the sales price....maybe it will show up on Beveryhills car clubs site for 15k. When someone picks it up for 14k...after a little negotiations, they will feel good as they got a bargain. Oh well that's life.
billh1963
QUOTE(thelogo @ May 16 2016, 06:32 PM) *

Car is now sold !!!!

Please delete this thread

You don't have a thread deleted because the car is sold. There is some good content in here....especially my classification of 914 buyers biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.