Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early muffler ID
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Papermaker
Hi--

I was told that this muffler is an early 911 muffler or possibly from an 914-6. In either case it is supposed to fit a 911, 914-6 or a conversion 914. Can anyone verify the muffler for me and let me know what it fits?

Thanks,

--Papermaker

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
tomrev
Looks like a Lietritz (maybe spelling is off), and could also be Dansk. I know the Lietritz was factory thru mid-70's on 911's.
Jeffs9146
You need to look for this stamp.
Papermaker
Hi Jeffs9146--

I'm from the "It is better to curse the darkness a thousand times than to light a single candle" group. After looking a couple of times I found part number: BISHOFF 911 . 025 . 00 /0577. Can you tell what this is from and will fit?

Thanks,

--Papermaker

Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Papermaker @ May 15 2016, 09:58 AM) *

Hi Jeffs9146--

I'm from the "It is better to curse the darkness a thousand times than to light a single candle" group. After looking a couple of times I found part number: BISHOFF 911 . 025 . 00 /0577. Can you tell what this is from and will fit?

Thanks,

--Papermaker

Click to view attachment

1977, 1978 911.

The date code is 0577 so it was first installed sometime after that date.

It will fit just about anything that was two in one out. You can put it on a 914-6 but the tip will point down low. Some people cut and re-weld the tip to make it fit the rear valance better.
Papermaker
Ok Jeff, thanks for the info.

--Papermaker
porschetub
QUOTE(Papermaker @ May 16 2016, 07:17 AM) *

Ok Jeff, thanks for the info.

--Papermaker

Looks to be in good condition most are dented @ the bottom,if you are selling the 911 guys pay good money for these.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.