Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pressure Check Valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JOEPROPER
So, I'm prepping my 2.0 case for rebuild and I'm having a hard time with removing the oil pressure check valve. I have the big screw and spring out, but can't seem to remove the check valve. It's been soaking in PB Blaster for 2 days now and still nothing. I'm hoping someone has come across this and has "the trick". Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sorry to waste your time if this has been covered, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Joe

Never mind... I got it. Threaded a 1/2" bolt onto the check valve and slide hammered it out. Thanks anyway.
yeahmag
Get one of the replacement kits for this. If memory serves Chris of Tangerine Racing has a new version out.
r_towle
You have issues with the bore if you needed to extract it with that level of force
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 16 2016, 10:50 PM) *

You have issues with the bore if you needed to extract it with that level of force

I was planning on cleaning up the bore and valve with fine emory cloth... I would welcome any suggestions. I'm sure this is a critical area and don't know how else to can measure the bore.
reharvey
If you have the right size tread tap screw it into the hollow backside of the valve. It'll grab hold of it so you can pull it out. Works every time. Ray
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(reharvey @ May 17 2016, 08:40 AM) *

If you have the right size tread tap screw it into the hollow backside of the valve. It'll grab hold of it so you can pull it out. Works every time. Ray

Yes, I did just that. I'm now concerned about the check valve bore, so with the recommendation of another member, I've looked into the Tangerine Racing upgraded oil pressure relief system. Looks like a simple solution. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.