Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COTM July Nominations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Official COTM nomination thread.
Please post the screen name of the individual as well as photo of the vehicle nominated.

Nominations need to be seconded to be official, first 4 seconded nominations will get voted on through a second poll for a winner.

I dont have access to my computer. so I cant post my usual counts so just use your imagination smile.gif
r_towle
I nominate Wndsnd blue conversion for July.
Now, get it done and started. smile.gif

Rich
74ravenna
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 21 2016, 01:20 AM) *

I nominate Wndsnd blue conversion for July.
Now, get it done and started. smile.gif

Rich

I second Wndsnd's nomination.

Steve
mepstein
Help me out here. The martini look car. Has it been nominated? If not, it's my pick.
1stworks
I nominate. Reverend Troublemaker "Tony"
He has the fastest car on 914world and its beautiful!!!
Tony has been very helpful and a all around good guy for me.

Hate him or love him his car is SICK and deserves recognition!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
dlkawashima
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 21 2016, 05:38 AM) *

Help me out here. The martini look car. Has it been nominated? If not, it's my pick.

There are several Martini tribute cars. Examples ...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Any of these or is it another you have in mind?
timothy_nd28
I second Reverend Troublemakers 914
sb914
QUOTE(1stworks @ May 21 2016, 07:20 AM) *

I nominate. Reverend Troublemaker "Tony"
He has the fastest car on 914world and its beautiful!!!
Tony has been very helpful and a all around good guy for me.

Hate him or love him his car is SICK and deserves recognition!

you will probably will be denied!!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ May 21 2016, 09:28 AM) *

I second Reverend Troublemakers 914

I third it. drooley.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ May 21 2016, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 21 2016, 05:38 AM) *

There are several Martini tribute cars. Examples ...

Any of these or is it another you have in mind?

1st one.
dlkawashima
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 22 2016, 08:17 AM) *

1st one.

Okay, it's the falcor75 build:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=203294&hl=

steuspeed
I nominate tomeric914 which just ran One Lap of America. Way to represent!

Race Thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...l=Lap%20America

Build thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=109664
rick 918-S
QUOTE(steuspeed @ May 22 2016, 03:25 PM) *

I nominate tomeric914 which just ran One Lap of America. Way to represent!

Race Thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...l=Lap%20America

Build thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=109664

Second that one! first.gif
JRust
If Panel Billy hasn't won yet. I nominate his beautiful Blue six conversion. Finally got to see it at WCR this weekend. Took best 6 conversion & best Flared car
xmotox
i second panel billy amazing car.
Dion
A third nomination for Panelbilly.
76-914
It's over due. agree.gif
wndsnd
Wow, I am humbled.

Thanks Rich and Steve.

Let me know the deadline for posting pictures. I am cramming more stuff in to it now.

For those that do not know the history, it is a 1973 1.7 that found its life in the hard streets of Maine.

Rust and mice lived throughout and basically the car came down to the Bones.

I did all the body work myself with AutoRestorationDesig parts. Great product. Then I had to learn to weld. That didn't turnout too well, so now I got good at tacking things In to place and having a pro finish up for me. Much cleaner welds that way and less grinding. I finished a basic restoration in two years, and brought it to Chris and Ed at Tangerine racing to sort out the things that were over my head. The car came back beyond my expectations and has been running. Very stron g with Foley Tuning on IDF and his throttle cable system. Fantastic. He even put a hand throttle in the car for those cold warm up days, and I found myself using it constantly. Chris set up the suspension around some nice classic deep six Fuchs I found. The car is narrow bodied, and I intend to keep it that way for awhile.

For the conversion I got a 2.7 CIS core out of Indiana that was not run with thermo reactors. It had not pulled any studs, but the spiggots were pounded down in the center and Ollie's did a complete case rework, with align bore, spigot decking, case savers throwout, and oil bypass mod with enlargement for a bigger oil pump. We also did the cam towers, resurfaced, pulled the oil lines and flushed everything out.

For induction I found a nice set of Weber IDA 3C, with documented rebuild 14 months ago by reputable shop in Connecticut. They run as new.

The heads I had fun with. I sent them to Walt Watson at Competition Engineering for a full rebuild. Valves, guides, springs, decked, and we welded and rebored and ported the CIS Intakes for Webers on PMO Tall manifolds. Porting was done to 37.5 mm on the intakes and 35.5 on the exhausts. Walt is an artist the way he ports and polishes around the valve guides and just makes things like new again.
He twin plugged them, and also machined new turbo valve covers to fit the 914 chassis.

I had JohnDougherty make me some DC30 cams, which are a modified high lift Solex cam with a wide torque band from 3500 to 7000 rpm.

UsingMahle Nikasils cylinders with JE 9:5-1compression pistons. Stock rods.

Clewett Engineering crank fired ignition. Programmable timing via USB, makes set up a sinch. Richard Clewett sent me a binary file set up for my cars specifications and it loaded right in.

Right now I am using European Racing Headers 1.5" of. But will upgrade for heat next time around. A GT 3 exhaust from M&K completes out the package.

World member Ben @ mb911 fabricated the beautiful powder coated aluminum fender oil tank, and Richard Johnson provided throttle linkages, modified shift rods, and a complete metal set.

I was hoping for Hershey but had a compication, so now I am shooting for Porsche Parade.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The engine was literally just lifted into place here, so it's final configuration is not complete.everthing has to be neatened up and detailed.

This has been a fun project, but I am finding out what it really takes to do a conversion of this type. A plug and play engine would have saved much time. But the build was a blast.

SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ May 22 2016, 03:47 PM) *
If Panel Billy hasn't won yet. I nominate his beautiful Blue six conversion. Finally got to see it at WCR this weekend. Took best 6 conversion & best Flared car

Apparently he also took the "My turn signal lenses are upside down" award ...
biggrin.gif
Andyrew
Nominations Closed.
Nominations listed below.

Wndsnd
Tony
tomeric914
Panel Billy
falcor75
Thanks for thinking of me Mepstein. beerchug.gif
I hope to be nominated again once my car actually is driveable.
Pulled the motor on saturday, suspect a bad valve seat or spring on the #3 cylinder.
2mAn
so many great cars, sucks that they all cant be COTM
PanelBilly
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 22 2016, 07:04 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ May 22 2016, 03:47 PM) *

Apparently he also took the "My turn signal lenses are upside down" award ...
biggrin.gif

And I leave them that way just to drive the purists crazy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.