Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Travel advice needed for road trip to CFR! car finally getting rust repair!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
billh1963
Nice! You should just stay in the area for a few weeks. Porsche Parade is in Vermont this year.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 27 2016, 08:45 AM) *

Nice! You should just stay in the area for a few weeks. Porsche Parade is in Vermont this year.

I don't have that much vacation, but that would be fun! . I'd have to bum a teenerfest or something similar off of someone while mine is undergoing surgery.
I'm at 898 miles and about an hour or so from CFR/Tangerine. Going on 1/2 hour sleep, time for a break then completing the trip. Perfect driving weather. The local 914 guys need th have a gathering in this area here!
bulitt
QUOTE(Philip W. @ May 27 2016, 09:46 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 27 2016, 08:45 AM) *

I don't have that much vacation, but that would be fun! . I'd have to bum a teenerfest or something similar off of someone while mine is undergoing surgery.
I'm at 898 miles and about an hour or so from CFR/Tangerine. Going on 1/2 hour sleep, time for a break then completing the trip. Perfect driving weather. The local 914 guys need th have a gathering in this area here!

agree.gif
Lime rock is a spiritual place. Fridays for group practices, no crowds, just the cars, a great burger...
ChrisFoley
In good company for the holiday weekend.
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Glad you made it north before the heat came out to play.
DRPHIL914
Wanted to thank chris for the hospitality. It's been a long day. I left home at 5pm yesterday, got to CFR shop at noon today! Had some fun driving back roads along the Hudson, went over to Brewster for a burger and ice cream at the Red a Rooster.
Pulled out some stuff from the car, seats rugs back pad etc to help get a jump start on the work. Once they get started we will post pictures of the work on my challenge thread! Beautiful weather and scenery too, can't wai come back---to get my car that is!
r_towle
Good luck.

CHris,
What is the cool car in front of the yellow 914?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 27 2016, 09:51 PM) *

Good luck.

CHris,
What is the cool car in front of the yellow 914?

Landlord's AH 3000.
iankarr
Glad you made it safely! And that you were able to stop at the rooster. My favorite weekend destination...I live about 30 mins away. Stop by on your way back!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(cuddyk @ May 27 2016, 11:11 PM) *

Glad you made it safely! And that you were able to stop at the rooster. My favorite weekend destination...I live about 30 mins away. Stop by on your way back!

Will do.
Basically car is getting rear floor pan under drivers seat fixed, with rear jack points and longs, along with the rear fender lips fixed and stretched out to fit the wider 16x7" Fuchs on there. When he's done with all that I'll come get it (also assessing engine for a upper end refresh and maybe a bit of a boost- if all that works out I'll be flying up to drive it back home in a month or two.

By the way I saw some of the cars there getting worked on- some nice stuff!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.