Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fix for self turn signal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frankieshooz
newbie trying to learn the ins and outs if teener repair..wondering if there is a fix for my turn signal. right signal woks and cancels as designed but left won't self cancel which in itself is no big deal as long as I remember to manually flick stalk to neutral position...is there a fix for this that is not too difficult?
carcus
QUOTE(frankieshooz @ May 23 2016, 10:41 PM) *

newbie trying to learn the ins and outs if teener repair..wondering if there is a fix for my turn signal. right signal woks and cancels as designed but left won't self cancel which in itself is no big deal as long as I remember to manually flick stalk to neutral position...is there a fix for this that is not too difficult?

I have to manually cancel both my right and left as well. I think it is a spring or something. Sometimes I forget and leave the turn signal on since it will not self cancel. Standing by for more info on this.
RohJay
Thanks for bringing this up; I have same issue with left not self cancelling.
whitetwinturbo
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
Check the steerign wheel assenbly, there needs to be a pin to knock off the signal. There were some plates with connector for the horn ring. May solve the issue.
914Sixer
Two things could have happened. The spring came off or the plastic ears that it mounts to broke off. Best to just order a new one.
Steve
I have the same problem and on top of that the horn now goes off when I turn the steering wheel. I ordered a new turn signal assembly from pelican. It was more expensive than some of the aftermarket ones. Hope it's a better brand for the money
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.