Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 12th annual All Air Cooled Gathering, Sept. 18, 2016
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Porschef
I'm out. dry.gif mad.gif
Big Len
Very disappointed that the early rain turned me around. We did come (in Linda's CR-V), even brought Lucy, our German Shepherd, who seemed to like looking at all the cars from the Fatherland. Finally got to meet Steve who brought his stunning '74.

Looks like the entire field was cut down by about a third because of the weather. Still, had breakfast and hung around for a couple of hours, checking out the vendors and cars. Sorry to miss you Dave.
dcheek
I would like to thank the three 914's that braved the weather forecast to come out to the 12 Annual All Air Cooled Gathering. I was shocked be the overall turnout, especially the Porsches other than 914's. Len, you are correct we were down about a third from last year with a little over 200 show cars. However, vendors and swappers were at full capacity.

Friday and Saturday were picture perfect for the campers. On Sunday, show day, we had light rain early in the morning for about an hour, the remainder of the day was overcast with one or two spritzes. As the day wore on the humidity dropped and the sun came out. All in all it was a pretty good day weather wise - certainly better than what the forecasters were saying. I know it scared a lot of people away but the turnout was surprisingly good. So, if you did come, you at least got the car home dry.

Once again, I was so busy parking cars and judging almost half the field I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. Those that were there please post some for the rest of us.

Dave
Big Len
Crappy picture, but the car was pretty damn nice.
Click to view attachment
rmital
did Todd get the chance to judge?
Porschef
did you find any scrapple? rolleyes.gif
Big Len
Ray and Rory didn't make it, so there was plenty of food left.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(rmital @ Sep 19 2016, 02:33 PM) *

did Todd get the chance to judge?

Do you mean Tod ?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 19 2016, 09:35 PM) *

Yeah, the two cold hot dogs I had last year were real yummy.

I think I can speak for many........the weather kept us away.
We were all looking forward to a big day for the 914 crowd.
rmital
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 19 2016, 09:35 PM) *

I know you didn't drive you're 914, but did Dave still give you first place?? bootyshake.gif
Big Len
Yes, with the addendum "In Absentia."
Big Len
Coolest sidecar ever.
Click to view attachment
Big Len
The paint on this Ghia looked 10 feet deep.

Click to view attachment
Porschef
That's only cause you were ten feet away biggrin.gif

Did you get a pic of the 914 that showed up? rolleyes.gif
Big Len
Joe...look on previous page....total of 3.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.