Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 12th annual All Air Cooled Gathering, Sept. 18, 2016
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dcheek
The Central Jersey VW Society is having its 12th annual "All Air Cooled Gathering" in Flanders NJ on Sunday September 18th, 2016. As in the the past I'm inviting all 914 owners (who now have there own judging class) along with any model air cooled Porsche to show their pride and joy. Last year we had over 340 air cooled cars. The venue is really unique in that it's held at a private German Social Club with a beautiful full grass soccer field (actually several fields) along with German food and beer on tap in the 30's style clubhouse. This year we've added another day of camping Friday, September 16th along with Saturday, September 17th, with the show and swap meet on Sunday September 18th. Dune Buggies will be the featured model for 2016.

This is a charity event with a portion of the proceeds will help Operation Jersey Cares, an organization that provides support and care for current and past NJ Combat Veterans. There will also be a swap area with parts vendors both new and used, raffle prizes, 50/50, Valve Cover Races, kids coloring contest, along with a DJ for music entertainment. "Dyno Don" from California will MC the event. Don't forget the party Saturday night featuring a live rock and roll band in the clubhouse This is truly a family event with activities and contests for kids and adults alike.

Here is the Website with directions, previous show pictures and listing of the day's events. Also a PDF of the event flyer

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com

Click to view attachment

Any questions you can e mail me personally at:

dmcdavey@aol.com

dcheek
Here's a 4 minute video of last year's show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKBzxhKLweE
rmital
QUOTE(dcheek @ May 31 2016, 10:55 AM) *

huh.gif there's almost a nice shot of the back of all the 914's that were there flag.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(rmital @ May 31 2016, 12:45 PM) *

huh.gif there's almost a nice shot of the back of all the 914's that were there flag.gif

You gonna camp out this year Ray? bootyshake.gif
rmital
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 31 2016, 02:16 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ May 31 2016, 12:45 PM) *

You gonna camp out this year Ray? bootyshake.gif

...only if they build a Hilton directly adjacent to the field? biggrin.gif
dcheek
Since I'm in charge of parking all show cars, I've made a decision to move the Porsche class, including 914's, more towards the center of the show field, instead of along the outer perimeter. This is due to the increased turnout last year. There will be plenty of room all around the cars, along with an isle for overflow if needed.

I know there has been suggestions along this line in the past. We now have justification for the change.

We work all year to make improvements to this event. We are looking forward to a record Porsche turnout.

Dave
rgolia
Count me in beerchug.gif
Big Len
Always a great event, Dave. Linda and I are planning to attend.
dcheek
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 2 2016, 02:29 PM) *

Always a great event, Dave. Linda and I are planning to attend.

Oh boy, there goes First Place!
Always a pleasure to see you and your 914 again. Thanks for your continued support.

Dave
914dave
Really like this show. I'm hoping to debut the six there this year. That's the goal anyway.
dcheek
QUOTE(914dave @ Jun 3 2016, 03:24 AM) *

Really like this show. I'm hoping to debut the six there this year. That's the goal anyway.

Anyhow, anyway, get it done and bring it! Go for it!

Dave

dcheek
The Central Jersey Volkswagen Society members are intensifying their efforts to prepare for the upcoming All Air Cooled Gathering. We are in the process of finalizing the awards for 2016. For those that have attended in the past, you know that we forgo the "bowling trophy" awards for a unique custom item. Past awards were printed posters featuring an air cooled car, mid-century lunch boxes and custom imprinted beer mugs, to name just a few. We are also handing out a special custom item to the featured car for 2016, the Volkswagen Dune Buggy.

Dave
dcheek
Bump
Big Len
Click to view attachment
dcheek
6 weeks away.
Who's coming?

There is a separate class for 914's.
Let's make this a record turnout for teeners.

Dave
MMW
I'm going.
theleschyouknow
that convertible ghia on Fuchs looks cool

beerchug.gif
cjl
Big Len
Hey Dave...Through the Pano article and NNJR, a guy by the name of Steve Rice got in contact with me. He also has a 74 1.8 and is the original owner, wow. After asking me some questions, I told him about the gathering. He went on the ACG website and is coming. He car is Zambezi Green and looked pretty nice. He lives near Morristown.
dcheek
We are exactly 1 month away from the largest gathering of Air Cooled Cars in the northeast. Hope to see a record turnout of 914's along with any other air cooled Porsches, VW's, Corvairs, etc.

All show information provided in the following flyer:
Click to view attachment

Dave
MMW
A bunch of interest in this while I was out at Hershey this spring. If you come out you will not be disappointed.

I am 15 minutes away from the show & will happily let anyone use my home shop if they have any mechanical issues. 908.392.3518

Was it mentioned they have a clubhouse with full service bar onsight?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(914dave @ Jun 3 2016, 07:24 AM) *

Get to work........me too.
I'm way behind you
rgalla9146

I'm in Dave. Put another 914 on the confirmed list.
Oh, and Dave you do remember you said I could bring an '89 Westy right ?
dcheek
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 22 2016, 06:31 PM) *

I'm in Dave. Put another 914 on the confirmed list.
Oh, and Dave you do remember you said I could bring an '89 Westy right ?

Yes, you can bring the '89 Westy. I'm assuming you are going to camp right?

Dave
rmital
Porschef....you in?
Porschef
Ok

Unless it rains... pat.gif

dry.gif bs.gif
Big Len
You and your significant other can stay over Saturday night if you want.
rgolia
I'm still in for this. How many of us so far? If you do not see me at my car, I will be at the full service bar piratenanner.gif
dcheek
Glad to see a bunch of 914's are showing up. I get so wrapped up in parking 300+ cars I forget to take pictures. I would like a group shot of all the 914's and their owners. Please remind me to do this the day of the show.

Dave
dcheek
Delete Post
dcheek
I'm sure you all remember Tod Worden (tod914). If you don't remember him, you probably remember the 914's he's owned. All stunning, especially the Ravenna Green, super low mileage show stopper. I caught up with him today after a long absence from shows and Porsche Club events.

While he currently doesn't own a Porsche, I just had to ask if he was coming this year to the All Air Cooled Gathering and would he mind judging the 914's class. To my surprise he said yes! I can't think of a more qualified person to determine what cars warrant recognition. Thanks Tod!
Who knows he might find a car to buy???

Dave
MMW
Just bumping this up. Coming up quick, 1-1/2 weeks.

If Tod is judging will you bring your 914 Dave? Been a long time since I saw it.
dcheek
QUOTE(MMW @ Sep 6 2016, 05:40 PM) *

If Tod is judging will you bring your 914 Dave? Been a long time since I saw it.

If you don't already know Central Jersey Volkswagen Society members do not get judged. We consider it a conflict of interest to have the people putting on the show judge their own cars.

I might bring my 914 depending on how much stuff I have to bring.

Dave
dcheek
QUOTE(dcheek @ Sep 7 2016, 02:42 AM) *

QUOTE(MMW @ Sep 6 2016, 05:40 PM) *

If you don't already know Central Jersey Volkswagen Society members do not get judged. We consider it a conflict of interest to have the people putting on the show judge their own cars.

I might bring my 914 depending on how much stuff I have to bring.

Dave

Just to clarity, the CJVWS members talked about having club member cars in a special area, to be judged by another club. We have yet to come to a decision on the matter do to space issues. Our last meeting before the All Air Cooled Gathering is this Sunday. We will make a determination at that time.

Dave
tod914
Dave, thanks for the kind words and invitation to the show. Looking forward to it. Your club always puts on a stellar event. Well worth going to for anyone whom hasn't been to it yet. Cya all there.

rmital
QUOTE(dcheek @ Sep 8 2016, 10:59 AM) *

..... We have yet to come to a decision on the matter do to space issues. Our last meeting before the All Air Cooled Gathering is this Sunday. We will make a determination at that time.

Dave

...some years ago....the first time we met Len's 914 (when it was Frank's car) the Porsche row was toward the middle of the show! What are the chances of that happening again??
dcheek
QUOTE(rmital @ Sep 8 2016, 07:41 AM) *

QUOTE(dcheek @ Sep 8 2016, 10:59 AM) *

..... We have yet to come to a decision on the matter do to space issues. Our last meeting before the All Air Cooled Gathering is this Sunday. We will make a determination at that time.

Dave

...some years ago....the first time we met Len's 914 (when it was Frank's car) the Porsche row was toward the middle of the show! What are the chances of that happening again??

Already done. We've moved the Porsche class more towards the middle which should provide more room for what is expected to be a record turnout.

Dave
3d914
Sounds like fun guys. Be sure to post lots of pics!
rgolia
What time are 914s rolling in on Sunday and what time is judging complete? I now have pressure on the back end of my day...granddaughter 2yr old birthday party. I think I missed this event last year for same reason. mad.gif
Big Len
Dave's answer would be more accurate, but IIRC, most cars roll in by 10 am. Judging throughout the day with results announced about 2:30 or 3 pm.
dcheek
QUOTE(rgolia @ Sep 10 2016, 02:56 AM) *

What time are 914s rolling in on Sunday and what time is judging complete? I now have pressure on the back end of my day...granddaughter 2yr old birthday party. I think I missed this event last year for same reason. mad.gif

Gates open for show cars and spectators at 8:00 AM (7:00 AM for vendors).
We plan to give out the awards starting at 1:45 PM. Depending on the turnout this could be delayed slightly. This is considerably earlier than in previous years because there are a lot of people that come from far away.

Dave
dcheek
4 days till show time.

-Swim and Sports Club Field Ready - Check
-Club trailer on site - Check
-T Shirt art confirmed, shirts ordered - Check
-Awards done - Check
-Show field layout drawn up - Check
-Dash plaques - Check
-DJ - Check
-Saturday Night Band - Check
-MC - Check
-Registration Forms - Check
-Photo Op display - Check
-Weather outlook - Improving daily
-Good time to be had by all - Check

Dave

MMW
Dave - Did you happen to check if the beer is cold & the taps are flowing?

dcheek
QUOTE(MMW @ Sep 14 2016, 02:57 PM) *

Dave - Did you happen to check if the beer is cold & the taps are flowing?

Swim and Sports Club this past Sunday told me they ordered the extra beer to be sure they won't run out.

Dave
Big Len
Someone please stop Mital from eating all the breakfast sandwiches.
rmital
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 15 2016, 12:25 PM) *

breakfast sandwiches you're least worry flag.gif
Click to view attachment
StarBear
Yep; I'll be there (though keeping a CLOSE eye on those rain/thunderstorm maps....)
SR
QUOTE(Big Len @ Aug 11 2016, 02:15 PM) *

Hey Dave...Through the Pano article and NNJR, a guy by the name of Steve Rice got in contact with me. He also has a 74 1.8 and is the original owner, wow. After asking me some questions, I told him about the gathering. He went on the ACG website and is coming. He car is Zambezi Green and looked pretty nice. He lives near Morristown.

Porschef
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 15 2016, 12:25 PM) *

Scrapple. drooley.gif
Big Len
The previous 4 days and the following 4 days look perfect weather wise. The day of the show doesn't look promising, but I'm still hopeful.
MMW
Weather is not looking to bad for Sunday. It seems the bad weather is being pushed off to Monday. Hope you will all come out & enjoy.
Big Len
Rain holding off till later
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.