Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Cup Current Standings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
nebreitling
Name | Class-Points | Class | CAS (Current Averaged Standing) | (# of events)

Anthony Siino 30 S 76.6 (1)
Mike Parkinson 60 S
Paul Heery 80 S 83.5 (1)
Dave Hildebrant 95 S 88.0 (6)

Garold Shaffer 105 I 89.2 (2)
Britain Smith 110 I 89.2 (2)
Joe Ricard 145 I 92.5 (best 6 out of 11)
Hassan Malik 145 I 99.8 (2)
Grant Keyser 180 I 89.0 (4)
Gary Chapman 185 I 90.9 (4)
Craig Mitchell 195 I 91.7 (4)
Jason Panciera 215 I 94.4 (4)
Demick Boyden 225 I 93.1 (2)
David Parsons 230 I 91.2 (4)
John Peterson 235 I 86.7 (2)
Howard Yao 240 I 93.2 (4)
Mark Skala 240 I 99.8 (2)
Andrew Dalen 245 I
Jim Chambers 245 I

Tony Chavez 255 M 90.4 (2)
Trekkor Wills 265 M 94.1 (best 6 out of 10)
Joseph Mills 295 M 94.9 (5)
Nathan Breitling 315 M 94.1 (6)

Brian Willess 355 SM
Trevor Turner-Rice 355 SM 92.6 (1)
Eric Fry 365 SM 96.3 (4)
Andy Schmidt 395 SM 88 (1)
Andrew Blyholder 420 SM 100 (5)
JP Stein 500 SM 96.4 (3)

Click here to enter 914Cup!

http://www.stanford.edu/~neb/914cupmain.htm
Andyrew
How do we find out score points again??

Ie for the auto x days...

Ie what info do I need to send you.

Andrew
Trekkor
And it would appear that Howard and Demick are already battling it out for top spot!

It would also appear that I have 95.5 CAS pts. confused24.gif

94- Marina
97- Santa Rosa

94 + 97 / 2 = 95.5 cool_shades.gif

KT
nebreitling
QUOTE (trekkor @ Apr 4 2005, 06:44 AM)
And it would appear that Howard and Demick are already battling it out for top spot!

It would also appear that I have 95.5 CAS pts. confused24.gif

94- Marina
97- Santa Rosa

94 + 97 / 2 = 95.5 cool_shades.gif

KT

oops, sorry trekkor. that would be because you submitted one email for two events. in my haste, i only caust the one. my fault, but try to submit one email per event -- it's easier to double check my work..

cheerio, n
VegasRacer
So our score will always show the average and not a running total?
Is there any way to show how many events each person has done?
nebreitling
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Apr 4 2005, 08:42 AM)
So our score will always show the average and not a running total?
Is there any way to show how many events each person has done?

yes (rounded to the integer) -- and good idea!
kermit
smilie_pokal.gif
J P Stein
Question:

As an example:Trekkor has submitted 2 results. Are they both from the same PCA region's events?
Both from GGR or both from Peta Loma or both from whatever?
If there is one from each region, would't one have to submit an entry for each?
ottox914
Not sure if this is the right way to post scores for consideration for the cup, but here goes: In our first event of the season, FTD was a lotus 7 clone with a 58.000. I was in my car, #473, 33rd overall, at 62.292. Dave-O was 117th in his car at 67.702. total drivers was 180.
nebreitling
sorry for the wait -- new scores are up. go ahead and submit more! i'll get 'em done today.

JP: i think splitting on just PCA or SCCA is fine. PCA events do not have to be from the same region. SCCA will almost always be more difficult, so this is just to make sure that someone who plays in both organization can choose their best results....

OttoX, follow the link at the top post and submit your scores that way... thx.

Trekkor, shall i submit your scores for you???

n
r_towle
Jeez,
Our first event isnt till June 19th...

Rich
J P Stein
My first event will be May 21, SCCA....pretty much a test drive.
There is also one the next day which I'll take more seriously.

A local legend....if it rains on Easter Sunday, it'll rain for the next 7 Sundays in a row. True thus far and next Sunday (the 14th) is #7. I'm feeling strangly confident laugh.gif
nebreitling
allright -- things have moved around since the last update.

Trekkor started out in the lead, but has lately run into deeper competition despite a top-10 finish at marina. that's allright, he has ALREADY finished SIX events, so with any further submissions, he'll just drop his lowest scores and climb back up.

Howard would be our leader except for a blistering TTOD by Andrew Blyholder, upsetting his CAS.

so as it stands, Demick with his one fast-as-snot standing is our leader.

I'm currently third with only two events under my belt this season.

and take note: currently in second place, Jason Panciera is the only non-bay-area member in the top-5! conspiracy?

in other news, JP is competing on a riding lawn mower this season, hoping to improve his usual pace.
Andyrew
I need to get some events under my belt...

I wish I could make it saturday... but the cars acting up, and im working...

But dad might make it... I told him to feel free and take it down there cus I ran last time....

Can his points count towards mine? biggrin.gif
nebreitling
QUOTE (Andyrew @ May 11 2005, 10:01 PM)

might want to see how he does first.. wink.gif
kermit
Bay area conspiracy? Naa, just a really great 914 tradition with PCA-GGR. This has been doing down for 30 years around here and we're all probably the 3rd or 4th generation of drivers doing what we do with our beloved 914s!

As far as the standings are concerned - this would all be pointless if Blyholder would just enter this 914CUP! With Nieslony too, we'd all be scrapping for 3rd or 4th place.

WAIT! I am in 4th place! laugh.gif

Have fun at Alameda, the weather should be beautiful and I'll be at a wedding mad.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 11 2005, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (Andyrew @ May 11 2005, 10:01 PM)

might want to see how he does first.. wink.gif

We'll speeking that he's been autoxing a little longer than me... Im sure he'll do fine... lol

Demick
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 11 2005, 10:57 PM)

so as it stands, Demick with his one fast-as-snot standing is our leader.

Ha Ha. I'm thinking that if I don't run any more autocrosses, I might be able to stay in 1st!

Just kidding - I'll be at Marina on Saturday. Hopefully that doesn't move me down in the standings.

Demick
anthony
QUOTE (Demick @ May 12 2005, 08:06 AM)
I'll be at Marina on Saturday.

Don't you mean Alameda on Saturday? The next Marina AX is on May 22nd.

I'll be at Alameda.
Demick
Yes, Alameda. It's what I MEAN, not what I TYPE!!

Thanks for the clarification!
Demick
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (r_towle @ May 11 2005, 11:43 AM)
Jeez,

Rich

Ha You need to move to the south. We race ALL YEAR long clap.gif
I also see I haven't submitted the last event.
I think it is a good idea that SCCA and PCA are separated. Last event I dominated the little winkie crowd. aktion035.gif But them damn supercharged M3 Roadster coupes are frigging fast!
mskala
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ May 12 2005, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (r_towle @ May 11 2005, 11:43 AM)
Jeez,

Rich

Rich, you can get early stuff with some other clubs
as well as other PCA regions.

BMW club is useless this year (limiting number of
participants) but it will get you into the Renegade
Miata club also.

My first for the 'Cup' will be 05/22 in CVR region if
I can get some of you Conn guys to work on the weather
for me beer.gif
Joe Ricard
What's weather got to do with it? Racing in the rain makes you better. Your car won't melt. Only time we stop is if the rain gets coming down so hard it trips the timing lights.
Packing up tonight for a weekend of Ax ing
then off to go see Charlesmac and let him co drive my car. driving.gif
anthony
Haven't you heard? 914s do melt when wet.
nebreitling
Scores updated again, 13 May.

Eric Fry has displaced our Demick for the overall lead by 1 strong finish and 914cup's first TTOD! smilie_pokal.gif WTG, Eric.

Joseph Mills of OKC is also on the rise, currently holding 4th overall. watch for him...

And note Britain's entrance: with only 110 class points, he is way out-gunned in Improved -- yet he is holding 7th overall.

current class leaders:

S: Dave Hildebrant
I: Demick Boyden
M: Joseph Mills
SM: Eric Fry
Lyressa Roberts
Wish my name were up there (an honorable mention would be nice) but I guess that's hard with an out of commission car...

Anyone know how to do a 5-lug conversion when all the parts are supposed to be present? confused24.gif
skline
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ May 13 2005, 12:26 PM)
Wish my name were up there (an honorable mention would be nice) but I guess that's hard with an out of commission car...

Anyone know how to do a 5-lug conversion when all the parts are supposed to be present? confused24.gif

If you have all the parts you could do it in less than a day, whats the problem?
nebreitling
lyressa, follow the link in the first post if you want to play!
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (skline @ May 13 2005, 12:19 PM)

If you have all the parts you could do it in less than a day, whats the problem?

Ummm, well, I don't want to step on someone's toes as he'll probably tell me to KHA, but this was supposed to have been done back in August last year. I don't know what the problem is. I've offered to help and I get told I'll get in the way, and then I can't get in touch with him, and then he goes out of town, and then... well, what can I say? I'm at a loss. I can't sit on him and make him do it. I've tried that, it doesn't work.

sad.gif
anthony
Your 914 already has a 5 lug conversion. What does it really need?
Lyressa Roberts
Actually, it's a 5 lug fake which causes it to have a huge vibration...the spacer that are in it convert it to a 5 lug...I want the true 5-lug so the vibration will go away and my steering wheel will stop falling off.
anthony
Ok, I got it. That can be a big job.
Steve_7x
Nathan,

I still need some help understanding the tire, wheel race tire deal so I can complete my points and register and participate. Perhaps we can talk at Alameda.

Steve
J P Stein
QUOTE (Steve_7x @ May 13 2005, 02:21 PM)
Nathan,

I still need some help understanding the tire, wheel race tire deal so I can complete my points and register and participate. Perhaps we can talk at Alameda.

Steve

Steve:
In your case it's pretty simple....you gots slicks, you're in SM....
not to mention the 20 or so little things I can see in your avatar laugh.gif

BTW, when you're knockin' off TTOD regular like, it don't really matter much. wink.gif
Steve_7x
JP,

I figured I'd be in SM or whever that class is called, but I am trying to get my total points accurate.

Not sure TTOD will happen this weekend... it sure like Andy has got the bit between the teeth and been kicking butt and taking down names. I can only hope that between the two of us we put on a good show.

Steve
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ May 13 2005, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ May 13 2005, 12:19 PM)

Ummm, well, I don't want to step on someone's toes as he'll probably tell me to KHA, but this was supposed to have been done back in August last year. I don't know what the problem is. I've offered to help and I get told I'll get in the way, and then I can't get in touch with him, and then he goes out of town, and then... well, what can I say? I'm at a loss. I can't sit on him and make him do it. I've tried that, it doesn't work.

sad.gif

Hehe...I had some help sitting on him. wink.gif I might get to race afterall... biggrin.gif
nebreitling
QUOTE (Steve_7x @ May 13 2005, 02:21 PM)

easy: convert inches (slicks) to metric (dot)

rules are here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=2&t=23990&st=0

re. tires:
Competitors running slicks in non-standard tire size must convert sizes and add points accordingly.
http://www.csgnetwork.com/tireinfo4calc.html

or

http://www.nsxsc.com/tirecalc.html

play with the metric values until you find the appropriate standard value, then add points accordingly. if you have 9" slicks, that's about a 235 width (add 30 points). 11" slicks are about a 285 width (add 80 points).
nebreitling
allright! 914cup is updated!

Now that we're moving towards mid-season, it would appear that competition is getting a bit deeper -- almost everyone's scores went south this round...

Everyone except Joseph Mills, whose consistency paid off to secure 2nd place overall. His four scores are ALL in the 94's... Great job, Joseph!

Also moving up was Jason Panciera, who is now 3rd overall.

I personally know that the SF bay area guys' scores are down from the Alameda event, where Andrew Blyholder's ripping runs devalued all our points.

But we're not the only region taking a hit; Paul Heery is up against Mark Daddio (multiple-time-SCCA national champ) in his SCCA region in CT. Those of you who follow SCCA solo know of Mark Daddio -- after two years of Mazda's Rev it up competition, he is its only winner. Ever. Sorry Paul!

A few stats: we have 26 registered competitors; 19 who have run a total of 52 events. Joe Richard has run the most -- he already has eight events under his belt!

p.s. I'll be sure to update after marina results are up, guys.
Demick
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 23 2005, 06:37 PM)
I personally know that the SF bay area guys' scores are down from the Alameda event, where Andrew Blyholder's ripping runs devalued all our points.

Man you're not kidding. 4th fastest overall out of 107 entries, Fastest street car of the day, and it's only good for something like 91 points. wacko.gif
cametal
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 23 2005, 08:37 PM)

Everyone except Joseph Mills, whose consistency paid off to secure 2nd place overall. His four scores are ALL in the 94's... Great job, Joseph!

This sucks for me I run with Joseph, he always beats me with has 4 banger sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Demick @ May 23 2005, 08:17 PM)
Man you're not kidding. 4th fastest overall out of 107 entries, Fastest street car of the day, and it's only good for something like 91 points. wacko.gif

you'll just have to do better next time!

biggrin.gif Andy
nebreitling
lmao... that's really inspiring, andy!
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (cametal @ May 23 2005, 10:23 PM)
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 23 2005, 08:37 PM)

Everyone except Joseph Mills, whose consistency paid off to secure 2nd place overall.  His four scores are ALL in the 94's...  Great job, Joseph!

This sucks for me I run with Joseph, he always beats me with has 4 banger sad.gif

But what Craig is not mentioning is that he has closed the gap very significantly and very recently.

Good thing he is running Azenis and I'm running VictoRacers! biggrin.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (Demick @ May 23 2005, 09:17 PM)
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 23 2005, 06:37 PM)

Demick, congrats on your 4th fastest overall finish!

But I feel your pain. I think my ass is getting ready to be "devalued" pretty damn quick. Like this coming Sunday. biggrin.gif

Last week my standing dropped because of the return of Wendal Karr to our AX scene. He is a very talented driver and won the SCCA National Runoffs last year for EM in an insanely prepped Miata (see below).

Last week was their first event since their upgrades for this season. A 3 rotor engine that is rumored to now have about 500rwhp. It's actually scary to be a corner worker when it's on the course. ohmy.gif

However Wendal is a very generous and friendly competitor who is always ready to help anyone. He's a kind of guy you don't mind losing to.

So I'm just getting myself ready to start losing real good. biggrin.gif
anthony
I can tell that I'm screwed with a bone stock 30 point car in stock class. Do you guys realize that you can install a 150hp 2270 Raby engine, aftermarket FI and cam and still remain in "stock" class? It seems like anything above a stock cam 2056 should bump you into Improved.
Part Pricer
QUOTE (anthony @ May 24 2005, 05:35 PM)
I can tell that I'm screwed with a bone stock 30 point car in stock class. Do you guys realize that you can install a 150hp 2270 Raby engine, aftermarket FI and cam and still remain in "stock" class? It seems like anything above a stock cam 2056 should bump you into Improved.

Buy some tires. You'll get a better bang for your buck.
drgchapman
Buy tires, Hoosiers, Kuhmos, 205/50's fit on stock 51/2 inch rims. you may need to bump some sheetmetal a little here and there,I had to on the left rear. HUGE difference.
J P Stein
The way I figure this, the guy listed as TTOD set his time on a fun run....so I threw it out. If mine don't count, neither should his.

So, 41.198 /39.574= .9605....right?
Nathan: Can you consider this my offical report (SCCA entry) or do I need to send it elswhere?

Note: in SCCA, only the first 3 runs count. The TTOD guy ran both sessions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1m *FRUN 93 Denis Cornforth 93 Corvette 39.006
2m AS 21 Chuck Spittal 91 Corvette 39.574
3m AS 93 Denis Cornforth 93 Corvette 39.705
4m CM 43 Chuck Jarvie 82 Reynard 40.188
5m XES 95 Jerry Jenkins 94 Mazda Miata 40.233
6m AS 114 Ryan Otis 05 Subaru STi 40.366
7m FP 4 JP Stein 94 Porsche 914 41.198

100 total
anthony
QUOTE (drgchapman @ May 24 2005, 02:47 PM)
Buy tires, Hoosiers, Kuhmos, 205/50's fit on stock 51/2 inch rims. you may need to bump some sheetmetal a little here and there,I had to on the left rear. HUGE difference.

Any of those tires bump you out of stock class.

nebreitling
tire over power, any day...

JP, correct. funruns don't count for TTOD, it's odd that they listed it like that...

please email it in to me -- it's easier for me to have that information for an 'audit'

n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.