Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 with "FULL RACING PACKAGE"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jeffs9146
Here is the dialogue I have been haveing with Anthony. I think he is interested so dont sneek in and take it from him!

It was a very solid car. It was far from stock though. It was originally white and a complete color change to Black. It had been hit in the left rear corner but it wasn't too bad. The doors and trunks latched like no other that I have driven. The passenger door gap towards the rear seemed too tight for normal but the car was solid and the doors shut well. The paint seemed very thick and you could see sand marks indicating body work. No rust visible but there was some large bubbles in the paint that the owner said was a reaction to the primer. The tar had been removed when the car was painted so no rust on the floors. I think it is a bit over priced for the work needed to bring it into line with current values. It was very tight for the drive and seemed like I could have done over 110+ very easily if I was on a better road. The motor smoked when it was started but cleaned out nice. If it was still white I might have considered purchasing it but the value is in the original not the modifications that makes this a reliable daily driver. Plus, I don't like black!!

I hope this helps!

Part 2

What do you mean by that? They didn't latch well?
They latched very nice! With only a click. Best I have felt since my first one in 1983

That's troubling to me ... especially at the asking price.
Yes, it is hard to tell what they did. The owner said he sold it to a friend 14 years ago and the friend wanted it black. So they took the car apart and changed the color. They rebuilt the motor and strengthened the hood brackets.

How well was the color change done? Were the trunks and interior painted
properly? Any visible sign of white? Were the trunks and interior painted
properly?
The only visible signs of white were where the paint had chipped. He told me the white was removed but in the door jam that has the tight line the handle scratched about an inch wide section of paint that was at least the thickness of 5 business cards thick with white on the bottom and lots of primer.

My understanding is that that is normal for a 911 engine since the oil
tends to settle in rings/cylinders.
I have heard that also!

I've actually been looking for a black car! How strong did the engine seem?
From the description it sounds like the engine should be putting out about
160-170 hp.
The three middle gears were modified so it is hard to tell the actual hp but it was significantly more than my 2.2-4

The other one 9140432344 is a much better starter car but the price is just tooooooo dam high!!

This one 9140431167 will need a repaint and TLC but you could have a great daily driver for about $20-25 when you are done.

Jeff
vortrex
the silver one in lincoln (george) for $15.5k seems like the best one, by far. has anyone looked at this car in person?
Gint
the silver one in lincoln (george) for $15.5k seems like the best one, by far. has anyone looked at this car in person?

Good question.

It looks like a pretty sweet car.

Anybody seen it?
seanery
I know of a guy north of Indy that has two 1970 -6's that I think he is going to sell. I have all of his contact info. I have not seen the cars yet. He races an SC and is looking for a tub (his got twisted) and has a sweet Boxster S and seems like he really liked the Cayenne we were sitting in last week.

Let me know if anyone is interested.
vortrex
what type of cars are they? projects, original drivers, modified? you should find out the info and post here anyways, everyone likes hearing about newly discovered (to this BBS) -6's!
seanery
Someone on this list is already working on getting the info.
More to come...
Brad Roberts
I need to visit the guy with the Silver 914. He has some 915's I want to buy.

Somebody kick in some gas..and I'll shoot up this week.

B
vortrex
I'll paypal you some gas money if you take pics and try to get him to sell it for cheaper (if it's good).
Jeffs9146
OK, I did it! I bought Bills 6! He called me today and offered it to me for $10 and I said no way. He said how much so I offered $7 and told him I would pick it up tonight! So Here it is in my garage!! What an impulse buyer I am!!!

Jeff
Jeffs9146
Here is another after the bath

Jeff
vortrex
what the heck!?! $25k down to $7k! great bargaining. he probably needed the money to post bail. biggrin.gif
boxstr
Jeff Excellent negotiation skills. Nice looking car and you bought it right.
CCLINSIXERVILLE
Jeffs9146
He called me and said he was driving down to purchase a house in San Mateo and needed the cash for the down payment! I told him it needed to much work for me to jump in at $10k but I would pick it up today cash for less!! I didn't think he whould take it but now I have a car that I can dump some doe into and not stress too much about it!

Jeff
elmonte
Jeff
Congratulations!!!!!!! clap56.gif

Nice to see another 6 running around in the valley.
Fast drive up the mountain? MDB2.gif
Jeffs9146
Thanks! It is a complete car but I think this one is going to take me a while to get it the way I want it!!

BTW, I think I will be selling my 74 to finance this one so if anyone needs a clean 74 2.0 drop me a note!

Jeff
J P Stein
I luv black 914s wub.gif It actually makes the ULF look good.
JWest
Jeff - I dropped you a note.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.