Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 with "FULL RACING PACKAGE"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
vortrex
http://www.craigslist.org/pen/car/12318058.html

if anyone has more patience than me and is curious about this car, give the owner a call and post the details here. the person has listed this car at least twice now, yet does not reply to any emails asking simple questions. I just don't have it in me to talk to this owner, but am interested in finding out what this car is.
Dave_Darling
At a guess, it's a collection of (some of) the parts needed to turn a 914-6 into a 914-6 GT. What exactly those are is, of course, a matter of debate like so many of the specifics about 914s....

--DD
Brad Roberts
DD,

Do you recognize the name ?? They have a 650 area code (which covers a lot...but.. I thought you might know who this Jodaay person is.

B
Bleyseng
Maybe he means the M471 package.

Geoff
Dave_Darling
Sorry, B--don't reconnize it.
vortrex
yup...I was thinking M-471 too, but figured there was no way. of course there was not 1000 of them and it'd be more than $25k. with my luck it probably is though and I am missing out on it! biggrin.gif

I wish people would use email, I hate phones.
Brad Roberts
Get directions. Email me privately and I will go look at it this weekend. I left my wallet and some other crap at the body shop.. so I have to go down this weekend. I'm also looking at another car down there..

B
Qarl
Here's an idea... CALL! idea.gif

I'm sure he will have all the answers to your questions if you ask HIM.

There's a phone number in the ad. What are you afraid of, just give the guy a call. Tell him you have almost 800 914 enthusiast friends that are looking (914world.com).

Ask for some pictures to be e-mailed. Post what you find here. You can probably help the guy sell what he has if it's any good.

Ask for a commission.

To me, "Full Racing Package" is probably beefed up suspension, brakes, rRacing seats, harness, rollbar, and extinguisher.
vortrex
hmm...ok, can't pass that up. I'll call them later and find out the details.

thanks
VegasRacer
I called yesterday.
Left my number on the voice mail.
Still waiting for him to reply.
vortrex
sounds like this ad is a joke or they're not interested in selling. not sure why they would re-run the ad again though. after being online for almost 20 days now I'm sure we're not the only two to try and contact them.
Qarl
Keep trying... everyone else could be thinking... "Oh it must of sold, so why should I bother calling" or "Why doesn't this guy have e-mail? If he had e-mail, I'd contact him"

It could still be sitting there.

A story... there was a 914-6 car for sale here in Florida about 2-3 years ago. Listed as a factory flared car. Turns out it was a factory M-471 optioned car. Sold for $30K after 10 days in the paper.
vortrex
at least I still have my 415 (local) cell #. maybe they won't call back out of towners. biggrin.gif
vortrex
well I've now left my message for BILL.
Joe Bob
Things must be slowing down on the "other" 914 sites....I see that DDDDD is slumming with the unwashed again..... pray.gif
VegasRacer
Bill did call me back.
He tried to answer my questions, but I really didn't learn anything.
He is not really a 'Porsche Guy'.
Said 'somebody' told him it was a rare car.
Supposedly all original. "No Rust" Just needs a little TLC.
Said the car had just been sitting the last 15 months.
He just got out of jail [flag color=red] smilie_flagge24.gif [/flag color]
Said he would send me photos in a day or two.

Brad - did you get a chance to go down and check it out?
Brad Roberts
I need directions..

I'm going to southbay tomorrow.

B
vortrex
brad, I will email you the address. he will be around tomorrow, before noon is fine.

the car is black and has flares (so he says). apparently someone looked at it today and took pics to post online. he said it has the racing package because it has dual webers and a "fully set" suspension. said it is a numbers matching car.
Jeffs9146
OK, I just spent 15 minutes typing my discription and posting a picture. When the picture was rejected due to size restrictions I went back and it eraced my discription. so, I will only say it is a solid car. Bill seems nice but not a Porsche Guy! He wants top $ and thinks he can get it if he has to wait 10 years then thats OK with him. The car used to be Silver and is now black. It looks like it was done well when the fiberglass flairs were installed.

Here are some pictures

Jeff

Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Hard to see but the car was bumped in the front right and there is a kink in the passenger side front trunk support. The hood in the front sits funny now
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146

Notice the orange paint showing through!!
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
vortrex
oh my. looks like bill is only asking about $15,000 too much, at least. biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
I told him maybe $10-$12 for the right person but not me and he said he would wait for $20!! It is serial number 9140432344.

Jeff
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Jeffs74~914 @ Jun 21 2003, 05:01 PM)
maybe $10-$12 for the right person but not me

DITTO
vortrex
hmmm, think about brad's blue one that was WAY nicer than this one. wasn't the blue one $10k? bill is going to be waiting a very long time.
Jeffs9146
I looked up the serial number and that number would be a 1969 914-6??
Jeffs9146
914-6 serial numbers

Jeff
elmonte
QUOTE(Jeffs74~914 @ Jun 21 2003, 06:13 PM)
I looked up the serial number and that number would be a 1969 914-6??

Jeff

There is someyhing worng with that chart
69# are for 70's
70#are for 71 and so on wacko.gif
Qarl
Jeff and elmonte...

That chart refers to the date of manufacture, not the model year of the car.
Jeffs9146
I thought something was funny! The one I looked at in Bethel Island was #9140431167 this one is #9140432344 and that would be to much of a coincidence for 2 69s with a paint change to black in two days to show up in the bay area.

Jeff
Brad Roberts
Thanks Jeff.. saved me 2 trips..

Tell us about the Bethel island car..

This car needs help..badly. The door panels look nice..LOL

Everybody thinks they have a gold mine..

B
vortrex
hah, glad you came backl to the BBS, I was just going to email you a false alarm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.