Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleveland Sawzall Party
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
CptTripps
While the convict works on pulling the steering column for me, Steve Furgeson stopped by to check us out. He's a local 914 guy that's restoring a 6-er.

user posted image
newto914s
it's very clear the PO worked for NASA

and for the record, my girlfriend got me that jumpsuit for X-mas, gray, black, or orange. I guess she must have some crazy prison fetsh she hasn't told me about w00t.gif
CptTripps
Here's what Dave does when he cuts the ass of a teener in half, and stacks it on top of eachother.

user posted image
CptTripps
Let's take a look at the other side of this thing...

user posted image
CptTripps
Hey...cool, we can drive it in Europe now!

user posted image
newto914s
Here are some fireworks of Doug grinding off the engine mount bar
CptTripps
And after getting the 2-3 decent parts off the front, it was time for dinner...

user posted image
CptTripps
Mmmmmm....dinner... Strip steaks, grilled mushrooms, Grilled Asparagas, Baked potatos...good stuff.

user posted image
CptTripps
Guys...I had a blast. Hope you all got some good parts! Todd is coming up later this week to help take the carcus to a scrap yard. biggrin.gif
newto914s
big nuts Dave!
newto914s
another of the group-Dave, Doug, Todd, and Steve
Aaron Cox
awesome smilie_pokal.gif
newto914s
That was a ton of fun today, thanks a lot Doug. I got my driverside sunvisor mounting clip and a kick ass meal, what more can a man ask for; Steak, beer, braking things with power tools, and a small plastic clip to help keep the sun out of my eyes, Sweet.
Dead Air
Buffalo wasn't so sunny when I got back at midnight! Samson, I thought you were gonna show me the SLOWWW route through Cleveland! biggrin.gif
Hey, great 914 people out there!!!
The pictures look great but those cameras made me look like the fattest guy there, isn't that weird?!!
Here's a little picture of Samson on the arctic blue teener chair.gif
boxstr
So did anyone get the front trunk floor??
CCLINACHOLE
CptTripps
QUOTE (boxstr @ Apr 11 2005, 12:21 AM)
So did anyone get the front trunk floor??
CCLINACHOLE

It's pretty rough... A few of us looked at it and decided that it'd be a lot more work than it'd be worth. It might be ok if you were taking the whole front, but it's not worth cutting out of there IMO.
Dead Air
QUOTE (newto914s @ Apr 10 2005, 06:32 PM)
it's very clear the PO worked for NASA

and for the record, my girlfriend got me that jumpsuit for X-mas, gray, black, or orange. I guess she must have some crazy prison fetsh she hasn't told me about w00t.gif

[QUOTE] "PO"? Is that Parole Officer? confused24.gif
tdgray
Guys it was great.... so sorry I had to bail early. Had to do the family thing.

Doug, yea I know I left the doors. I figured I would get them this weekend when we dispose of the evidence biggrin.gif

Man..... I am going to show the pics of the food to my wife. I can't believe she made me miss that chowtime.gif Crap man, all I got for dinner was a dried out bratwurst and a shitty piece of birthday cake mad.gif

I think we did pretty good in the short amount of time that I was there. Unfortunately not too many usable parts but oh well..... we still got to sawzall-smiley.gif

Thanks again doug it was great
newto914s
QUOTE (Dave Eddy @ Apr 11 2005, 04:16 AM)

"PO"? Is that Parole Officer? confused24.gif

Previous Owner
Dead Air
QUOTE (newto914s @ Apr 11 2005, 04:32 AM)
QUOTE (Dave Eddy @ Apr 11 2005, 04:16 AM)

"PO"?  Is that Parole Officer? confused24.gif

Previous Owner

[QUOTE]
"Prison Orange"? "Pretty Obvious"? "Psychotic Obliteration" "Possible Opportunity to insert a joke about your fashonable work wear? Yeah, I'm pretty sarcastic. beerchug.gif
CptTripps
QUOTE (tdgray @ Apr 11 2005, 07:23 AM)

Doug, yea I know I left the doors. I figured I would get them this weekend when we dispose of the evidence biggrin.gif

Man..... I am going to show the pics of the food to my wife. I can't believe she made me miss that chowtime.gif Crap man, all I got for dinner was a dried out bratwurst and a shitty piece of birthday cake mad.gif

I think we did pretty good in the short amount of time that I was there. Unfortunately not too many usable parts but oh well..... we still got to sawzall-smiley.gif

I suspect I could be talked into duplicating that meal when you come up this weekend.

Hey, did anyone see my wallet? I can't find it anywhere. I'm thinking I may have pitched it into a trash bag by mistake...
tdgray
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 11 2005, 05:15 AM)
QUOTE (tdgray @ Apr 11 2005, 07:23 AM)

Doug, yea I know I left the doors. I figured I would get them this weekend when we dispose of the evidence  :D

Man..... I am going to show the pics of the food to my wife. I can't believe she made me miss that  :chow:  Crap man, all I got for dinner was a dried out bratwurst and a shitty piece of birthday cake  :angry:

I think we did pretty good in the short amount of time that I was there. Unfortunately not too many usable parts but oh well..... we still got to  :sawzall:

I suspect I could be talked into duplicating that meal when you come up this weekend.

Hey, did anyone see my wallet? I can't find it anywhere. I'm thinking I may have pitched it into a trash bag by mistake...

HOLY CRAP ohmy.gif

Nope didn't see it, was it on the table with our phone's, cameras etc?

Called Dad about the trailer on the way home yesterday, haven't heard from him yet... he might be at his house in New York... I'll call him there tonight.
CptTripps
Nope didn't see it, was it on the table with our phone's, cameras etc?

No, I looked EVERYWHERE! I've already called to cancel all the credit cards, and there was no cash inside, but I DID loose about $200 in gift cards, and 4 un-used FOP 'Courtesy Cards'. headbang.gif

If Britt makes it up this week to get the front end, I may be able to just hack all this up into small enough pieces that the trash people will take them. smash.gif
Dead Air
Doug,
Take a look again at ALL your pictures. When you're "crouched beside the 1.7L" is that it in your right hip pocket? In the background of some of those pictures not posted? Did you go out shopping that morning? Did you have it with you while you were working? Did you trade any business cards? I can't imagine it's in the trash. I think somebody would have said, "Dude, your wallet!"
That's a REAL bummer!
newto914s
Holy Sh*t dude that sucks. I was wearing the prison uniform, but I didn't take it. I'll e-mail you all the pics I took to help, but if it's not in the trash it's gotta be around somewhere.
MecGen
Looks like a good time
That better be a cig in Daves mouth tunez.gif smoke.gif
Regards
Joe

beerchug.gif
CptTripps
No dice on the wallet. O-Well....American Express replaced all my credit cards and I'll have them all by noon today, so I'm good to go there. Got a new License yesterday, and I'll go get the same wallet again tonight...back to normal in no time flat.

CptTripps
I forgot to mentio nthis in the other posts...

When we got the motor on the furnature cart, we plugged the starter into the battery and.....surprise, surprise. IT TURNS OVER!

We monkeyed with it for a few min, and couldn't get a spark, but I think I have a good starting point for my Turbo 1.7!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.