Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleveland Sawzall Party
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
CptTripps
Anyone that wants anything off of the Junkster can come out on Sunday for a Sawzall party at my place. aktion035.gif sawzall-smiley.gif aktion035.gif

I'll provide the Steaks and Beer, you bring a wrench, and a car/truck that you can take some parts home in. Were going to drop the engine, and then have at-it. I've got a list of stuff for a few members here, but the rest id up for grabs. Everything left over is going into trash bags. biggrin.gif

PM me for my Address and Phone number. I'm in Shaker Heights about 8mi East of Cleveland. 2hrs from Pittsburgh and Toledo.

I'm thinking around 10:00 AM.

Everyone is welcome!
tdgray
And of course I will be there... aren't we all impressed biggrin.gif

Doug, found my CV Tool. Will bring it along. Bringing the Subby... hope I've got room for parts huh.gif
CptTripps
Sweet. I think I'll need to buy my own at some point, but bring anything you think we'll need. I've got lots of sockets, wrenches, and air tools.

Looks like there are 4 people so far. This could get fun.

Come on Ohio people...it's not that far!
CptTripps
So were all set for Sunday. 11:00am at my place.

I called the City, and they'll pick up the remains on Wednesday. biggrin.gif

Anyone else comin? We are up to 4-5 so far.
bd1308
I might come....have to talk to the girlfriend first tho.....what is saved already...? I need a front-end....
Bazza
Too far to drive from Florida but I'll be there in spirit sawzall-smiley.gif

And don't forget thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

beer.gif
CptTripps
Most of the front-end is available. I'll need to knwo what you are looking for before you drive up from KY though...wouldn't want you coming all the way and then not getting what you wanted...
bd1308
um...front end from extreme front, all the way back to vin tag area on wheel-well....well more like to firewall gas-tank area....so i've never been involved in one of these b4...could explain it for the n00b?
CptTripps
It's all there. There was a guy that needed a piece of it, but I don't think it'd be good enought to cut up and send to him. I was going to keep a lot of the hardware, but if you want the front clip, come and get it. YOu can have everything including the windshield if you want.
Bazza
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 6 2005, 05:32 PM)
YOu can have everything including the windshield if you want.

I happen to need a windshield......hmmmmmmm idea.gif

Is it in good shape? If so could it be extracted and shipped if the price was right biggrin.gif
bd1308
sweet!!!!!! Bazza, you want the windshield???
bd1308
Doug, do you have any battery tray repair materials....IIRC your tray loooked worse than mine.
CptTripps
Windshield is cracked. But the frame is good...

Tray is gone, and if you look at the pics here, you'll see the hell-hole.

http://www.hardman.org/pix/trash_914/trash_914.html
bd1308
laugh.gif no battery tray....well i'll take the front clip if that's okay....i will try MY very best to get down there by sunday....do you have tools or do i need to bring a BFH?
db9146
What about the front trunk floor? Has anyone asked for that?
Bazza
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 6 2005, 06:07 PM)
Windshield is cracked. But the frame is good...

Thanks for checking and for the reponse smile.gif

My windshield's not that bad, just has a crack in it. Thought I was onto something there for a nanominute w00t.gif

You guys have fun boldblue.gif this weekend!

monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif

beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
xsboost90
i would be there but theres an autox on sunday and im the safety guy so no dice, plus im looking forward to beating the gf's 924 on the track alittle.
CptTripps
It's not that great. I was going to pull part of it, but now it looks like Britt is taking the front clip.

I *MAY* use part of it on mine if he doesn't take it. Look at the pics though...pretty hosed.

Bazza
How about the Brett Johnson book - is it for sale? cool_shades.gif
bd1308
dude...i didnt know it was a 916 front....Doug, you going to use the back...if nobody claims that i just need the rear valence thing (bumper)
CptTripps
I'm either going to use, or sell the bumpers. The back one is messed up anyways. The schmuck cut the mounts off and decided to do his own thing...
bd1308
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 6 2005, 08:44 PM)
I'm either going to use, or sell the bumpers. The back one is messed up anyways. The schmuck cut the mounts off and decided to do his own thing...

oh yeah....i could just go stock....they sererate and i forgot
Garland
"Where EXACTLY did this mirror go?" Its a boat mirror, we had one on the center of the "Evinrude Sweet Sixteen" we had in "67. Good for seeing skiers.Where EXACTLY did this mirror go?
CptTripps
Its a boat mirror, we had one on the center of the "Evinrude Sweet Sixteen" we had in "67. Good for seeing skiers

There you have it folks...the essence of Mid-Western 914s.
Chris H.
Guys,

How about pulling that wiring harness and giving it to Subaru Scott Thacher? He just fried his.

edit: cancel that... looks like he has one.
CptTripps
I'll pull it, but I doubt it'll be any good....

We are going to pull it all, and bag everything. If it is worth anything, you'll know about it.
bbrown
I have a 76 changed to early bumbers. So I need the rear tow hook body metal. Any chance yours is useable. I'm in central Ohio and if the weather is OK this weekend I get to rent a power washer for the deck and garage. Being part of this gathering sounds better.
bd1308
Doug, are we still good for the front end? i am praying to every god that I can get out there on sunday....trouble is finding a suitable vechile for the trip.....my dad's land rover doesn't look capable of doing the job.....i dunno.
scotty b
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 6 2005, 06:21 PM)
laugh.gif no battery tray....well i'll take the front clip if that's okay....i will try MY very best to get down there by sunday....do you have tools or do i need to bring a BFH?

You cut the nose off of pinky didn't you Britt? ar15.gif
CptTripps
Britt: It's yours if you can get up here to get it.

BBrown: I'm not sure about the rear tow-hook. I'll let you know tomorrow when it's light out and I can see it. This would ba a LOT more fun that washing the driveway!

bd1308
peace everyone....pinky needs major long work......like jack stands are helping her from touching the ground....i'll fix er up real nice...you'll see....we need a bullet-deflecting smily
scotty b
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 7 2005, 07:10 PM)
peace everyone....pinky needs major long work......like jack stands are helping her from touching the ground....i'll fix er up real nice...you'll see....we need a bullet-deflecting smily

dry.gif Nice job of dodging a question. I think I got my answer though headbang.gif ar15.gif
CptTripps
If anyone want's to bring me a trunk hood without a bunch of rust, I'de appreciate it. biggrin.gif I've got one here, but I'm thinking I'll have a BUNCH of filler on it.
bd1308
QUOTE (scotty b @ Apr 7 2005, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 7 2005, 07:10 PM)

dry.gif Nice job of dodging a question. I think I got my answer though headbang.gif ar15.gif

dude what do you expect from a $400 dollar junker....the thing barely was able to be towed...if it was better than my car it would HAVE been my new car....just chill out man....more important things than a car...
Dead Air
AAAHHHHH! I'm supposed to go to Syracuse to do a rear break job on my X's Toyota "Novarolla" on Sunday.
You know the door jamb on the driver's side under the VIN plate, ya know where it meets the sill? There's a hole in mine about the size of one of Brad's handcuffs. Just above the jack post. Is it any good? Should I tell the ex just to ignore the brake light? and come out. Our should I hire one of you guys to cut it for me and mail it. Big money, big money???!!!
CptTripps
So we've got 7 people that tell me they are coming up tomorrow. I've got the car ready to go...

Once we get into it, we'll start checking to see if there is anyone here that needs anything.

I've got 20 SawzAll blades, 60 beers, 12 Steaks, and 1 f-ed up 914....should be a fun day!

See my sig for my address and a google-map. Call if you get close and are lost.
CptTripps
I've had emails and PMs from about 5 people...which usually means 2 will show up. I'll put my address and home number in my sig Saturday night, and take it off Sunday night if anyone has requests, or wants to come out.

I've got enough filets in the freezer for about 12 people, so whoever wants to show up, you are more than welcome to!

As far as requests go, email them to me, and we'll go through them on Sunday and see what is useable, and what isn't. I'll post pics as we are going so you can all ask for stuff. I've got a laptop in the garage for these reasons. biggrin.gif
bd1308
grrr....i wish there was a easy way to ship the front.....
db9146
Looking for a front trunk floor. Mine was hacked up for AC install.

To go with the rear spoiler we've already talked about.

Thanks,

Dee
db9146
Any updates? I was checking in expecting to see really gorey blood and guts (914, that is) pics all other the place.

sawzall-smiley.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
CptTripps
QUOTE (db9146 @ Apr 10 2005, 04:53 PM)
Any updates? I was checking in expecting to see really gorey blood and guts (914, that is) pics all other the place.

sawzall-smiley.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

Let me get them all collected, and you'll see ALL KINDS of sawzalling!

We're just finishing up dinner and getting people packed up to go home.
Aaron Cox
no pics is a partyfoul! dry.gif
CptTripps
We took PLENTY of pics...Getting them off the camera now.
Aaron Cox
and...what is taking sooo long? laugh.gif
CptTripps
Sorry, couldn't find the adapter to get the pics into the camera...here we go!

TDGray (Todd) got there at about 11:15, and 'newto914s' (Samson) about 5min later. Here's where we started...

user posted image
CptTripps
Samson, aparently just leaving incarceration, digs into helping get the doors off for Todd. (Who left them here after he left.)

user posted image
CptTripps
And a few min later, Dave Eddy showed up, from sunny Buffalo New York...

user posted image
CptTripps
This is priceless...it's EXACTLY what we were deling with throughout the car...This is what was at the end of the clutch cable.

user posted image
CptTripps
Dave is laughing at the 7" of long left holding the car together.

user posted image
CptTripps
Someone else took pics between then and here...1.7 is out!

Left to right... Me, Todd, Samson.

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.