Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some help on a bolt size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ottox914
I have a weltmeister adjustable sway bar on the rear of the 914. Over the course of packing up my life and moving, I have lost pair of bolts. These are the bolts that go thru the drop link, and into the huge bolt that goes thru the shock and into the trailing arm.

Anyone know the correct size bolt to go back in there? Got an autox this weekend, got the motor back in last week, and would sure like to go scare some cones.

Thanks-

jcd914
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Jun 10 2016, 03:49 PM) *

I have a weltmeister adjustable sway bar on the rear of the 914. Over the course of packing up my life and moving, I have lost pair of bolts. These are the bolts that go thru the drop link, and into the huge bolt that goes thru the shock and into the trailing arm.

Anyone know the correct size bolt to go back in there? Got an autox this weekend, got the motor back in last week, and would sure like to go scare some cones.

Thanks-

IIRC they are 3/8 NF, Ace hardware would probably have them.
This just from memory though, nothing here to verify with.

Jim
siverson
Not 3/8.

Here you go:

http://bfy.tw/6DNo

smile.gif

piratenanner.gif

-Steve
Harpo
I don't believe he is referring to the M18 bolt. It sounds like he is threading in to the M18 shock bolt. Obviously a photo would help

David
ottox914
Bolt is a 5/16 fine thread. Here's where it goes and what goes there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.