Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I hope gas prices drop before the WCC...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
bd1308
dude, why doesn't jake start popping out some LP carbs for our cars...or run them from veggie oil and just use glow plugs.....
jimtab
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 6 2005, 02:15 PM)
local prices here are averaging 2.43 to 2.63 for regular.....I'm hoping the Pilot/Loves gas stations are much cheaper in a week and a half wacko.gif

I'm guessing I'll be lucky to get 15mpg in my truck if I tow the 914.....close to 900 miles round trip......ouch....

And that doesn't include the price of the P-toys.....
scotty914
i still say its gouging, sorry sammy but i do. to use your example with the ebay thing, the seller buys the item for 20 bucks because that what they were willing to pay for something they wanted. when it comes to gas it is a different story, the gas suppliers will keep uping the price until they see a drop in use. we dont have an option of buying, we have to, no choice, none nada zip. i have a small business and i am spending about about 70 bucks a week in gas. and if i am in the wrong area i can pay 20 to 30 cents more at the same brand gas station. i onced asked a exxon station owner why he was 25 or so cents higher than the exxon 5 miles away.

his responce was "because i can" i asked him what he ment, he said he just kept raising his gas prices until he saw a drop in sales, at the time he was making almost 50 cents a gallon

i have done work at gas distribution and gas stations, and i have meet the vice pres of exxon, he basicly told me the only thing that effects the price of gas is what the makers want for profit. at the time we were installing the mix and flow controls for filling up the tanker trucks i asked him why they keep changing the equipment ( we did this every six months ) he said because they can. i then asked is it expensive to keep changing it, he said it does not matter the cost to change out $20,000 of stuff every 6 months was only one day of profits from the gas sold out of the station

basicly if oil costs 50 dollars a barrel, they will get about 40 to 45 gallons of gas out of it. at 2.50 a gallon so they would be making over 100 dollars a barrel. or 50 bucks a barrel profit, not including the other stuff that is left over ( 10 to 15 gallons ) that they sell for other stuff ( like plastics and motor oil )

so 50 bucks for 40 or so gallons is more than a dollar a gallon profit between the maker the distrubter and the seller, and the cost to manifacture the gas is something like 10 cents a gallon ( equipment and labor )

this is why i dont buy from exxon
GWN7
There will be preasure from the big 3 (GM, Ford & Chrysler) in about 6 months when they are sitting on huge amounts of inventory (trucks & SUV's) to lower fuel prices.

Governments love high fuel prices because of all that extra tax they collect.

One thing I have never been able to figure out is the barrel price goes up in the middle East and the next day it's up at the pump, but when it goes down it takes a month before you see any relief.
scotty914
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Apr 7 2005, 09:13 PM)
One thing I have never been able to figure out is the barrel price goes up in the middle East and the next day it's up at the pump, but when it goes down it takes a month before you see any relief.

its simple the public sees or reads about a price hike, so the gas people can raise prices and blame it on the oil prices. but they get to make more profits till their price goes up.

then when it goes down they say it will take a month before we use up the stuff we paid more for

basicly we are at their mercy to pay what ever they want, as much as i am anti big government, i think they need to lock prices at a reasonable profit range

there was an online petition to get mr bush to declare a state of emergency the last time the prices where lower to lock them there
skline
That wont happen, Bush is an oil man himself and profits are going into his great grandchildrens pockets and their grand childrens pockets and so on. The reason the gas is so high is because we accept it. They say the pen is mightier than the sword but yet I think the real power is in the people. If we just stopped buying their product for a year, things might change, but the chance of that happening is nill. The economy is heading for a fall very soon, mark my words, the housing market will be one of the first to fall. The shit will hit the fan so to speak and we will be deep into a major depression. I believe it will happen in my lifetime. This is only my opinion but it sure seems like everything is heading that direction. It is all based on greed. Everyone wants something for nothing and they want to make as much as they can from as little as they can. They sell old used stuff that cost pennies to make back 30 years ago and they tell you its overhead so it costs more. Double taxing in many cases. Why should I have to pay tax on something that someone else bought new and paid the tax then? Charging tax for used stuff is just wrong. It goes on and on.
Pugbug
I just filled my dune buggy today with 94 octane. $1.16.9 per litre can$.....That works out to $3.36 us$ per us gallon.
Good thing it sips gas. I hope my 1911 engine in the 914 is as miserly.
I gotta get a smaller truck though!
tracks914
Good thing Dubya got us a deal on some cheap oil in Iraq. Just imagine what the price would be if not for the "war"
BTW we are paying 96 cents/litre or about 3.63 for regular and $4.00 for supreme.
My new 2004 F150 fuel light came on today. I just put $30 worth of gas into it and it didn't even come up to the 1/4 mark on the fuel guage.
finger.gif to the oil companies.
rick 918-S
The Mother Ship gets 12 MPG ohmy.gif You do the math... I don't want to know!
Flat VW
Imagine what the dialogue must be like over at the Hummerclub.com! mueba.gif

Hummerclub, makes me want to be a MEMBER, a STIFF MEMBER! rocking nana.gif

John
rhodyguy
explain how the exorbitant price of fuel is out of line when people are willing to pay $3.50 for a cup of coffee with a little bit of steamed milk, or a buck or more for a bottle of water while they're filling up wacko.gif . hell, i nearly lost my mind when i paid $.85 for a "resized" payday candy bar sad.gif . bottom line, fuel costs are fuel costs. pony up or sell the cars and ride the bus. i won't go into the raping you get over 20 sticks of tobacco rolled in paper.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.