Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BAT (no affiliation)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
HaraPuzo
http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-porsche-914-2-0l-2/

quite a pretty car. don't know the name of the colour, but its cool.
sounds like a decent choice for those searching for a keeper.
I am smile.gif
87m491
Looks crazy clean! Wonder why the original engine had to come out?

QUOTE(HaraPuzo @ Jun 15 2016, 05:34 AM) *

I am smile.gif

Bobby Smith
QUOTE(87m491 @ Jun 15 2016, 06:31 AM) *

I am smile.gif

That looks very much like Marathon Blue. Seller says the engine in the car is a 2.0 but the spark plug location indicates non 2.0 heads.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Bobby Smith @ Jun 15 2016, 08:47 AM) *

QUOTE(87m491 @ Jun 15 2016, 06:31 AM) *

I am smile.gif

That looks very much like Marathon Blue. Seller says the engine in the car is a 2.0 but the spark plug location indicates non 2.0 heads.

agree.gif

.... so it may have started life as a 1.8L, in the L96M Marathon Blue on the Karmann Plate. Hard to tell without a COA or Window Sticker.

I would bid cautiously until verified as a 2L, & even then it's non-matching, plus it's a less valuable carbed with odd exhaust & no heat/HEs! It could be an 1.7 or 1.8 punched out to 2L, or bus 2L engine - all are lesser/cheapo solutions to an engine blown IMHO!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

era vulgaris
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 15 2016, 06:25 PM) *

.... so it may have started life as a 1.8L, in the L96M Marathon Blue on the Karmann Plate. Hard to tell without a COA or Window Sticker.

I would bid cautiously until verified as a 2L, & even then it's non-matching, plus it's a less valuable carbed with odd exhaust & no heat/HEs! It could be an 1.7 or 1.8 punched out to 2L, or bus 2L engine - all are lesser/cheapo solutions to an engine blown IMHO!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

If you read the ad it says that the original engine was taken out because it smoked and leaked. Original engine is a GA 2.0 that comes with the car. There's a pic of it in the ad. It looks really tired and worn out. Original FI is long gone though, according to seller.
Seller claims he has no documentation on the replacement engine, but that it was rebuilt before he owned it. It is a GC case.
kahluver
I'm the guy that just bought this car. I was fortunate enough to see the car in person while on a business trip in Nebraska (good timing). The car is really clean and well sorted. I'm really happy with the purchase and am looking forward to bringing the car home to California.

I feel like I got a good deal given the condition of the car. However I've been playing with 911s for the past few years so anything at this point looks reasonable given the current market.

I have been tinkering with air cooled cars for 25 years however I'm new to 914s. Any tips on what I should be looking out for as I drive and enjoy this car?
Blue6
Congrats Kahluver, looks like a nice car. Lotsa 914 in our area, always something going on. Can't wait to see it in person...
Cuda911
Good buy, Kahluver... you got a great deal on that one!
Gmanscott55
Welcome Kahluver! Several of us in HB, Seal Beach and Sunset Beach area. Let us know when you get the car and we can meet up.
kahluver
Thanks guys! Gary, I'll let you know once I have the car here on the left coast. I'm heading out there in a couple of weeks to pick it up.

toddisgod2
I used to own this car and know it's history. The car is and originally was Marathon Blue. It started life as a 2.0 and the owner before me made it a 2.4 with dual 44 Webers. That motor basically self destructed (one reason why I don't care for monster Type IV's). Being all of 22 years old at the time I had a stock 2.0 put in with a single progressive carb, again not a great setup but it ran well. I installed that steering wheel and with LE front spoiler. It is a nice and rust free car. It started life in Dallas, TX and I took it to Nebraska in 1985. I put the Reflector on the rear to cover up a dent. I also put the headers on...I believe that they were Kerry Hunter? I was just trying to get a little more out of it. The engine that I put in it was bought and installed by Dan Cashman in Irving, TX of DC Racing and Development. I used to have this car serviced at Zim and Mayo when they were still a team.

It is just too cool to stumble on a car that one used to own. I always thought is was a great looking car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.