Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: few tec questions - 1975 1.8 ex usa
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
advtracing
hiya

couple of tec questions

- temp gauge doesn't want to work - is it normally the sensor on the engine and if so best pace to buy or gauge needs repair from peoples experience

- did the 75 model do away from plastic fuel lines in the tunnel or still had them which means i need to replace them

- warning buzzers for door open / key in ignition - are they available ? mine sound pretty sick ( like im sticking a pin in a frog )

cheers in advance
MarkV
- I think the gauge itself is pretty reliable. I would start by making sure the wiring has continuity. Chances are it's the sending unit on the engine.

- Pretty sure they all came with plastic fuel lines. Unless you got lucky and someone has changed them, chances are they are still plastic. Easy enough to look under the car where they come out by the shifter linkage. The plasic is kind of an opaque yelllow/orange color.

- I thought I was the only one that still had a working key buzzer. That's what they sound like.... It grows on you after a while.
Mark Henry
The plastic lines are fine, they are actually nylon. What fails are the old hoses, improper hose clamps and no through the body grommets. Only use proper correct size FI clamps, do not use the common worm screw hose clamps.

Although if welding has been done close to them, do not have the proper through body grommets, or they have been twisted due to a stuck on fuel hose then they are suspect and should be replaced.
Even steel lines must have the proper grommets, without them the body metal will saw right through them.

I know some will disagree, but if the capt'n was still with us he would agree with this.
bdstone914
75-76 cars had the fuel pump up front and they went with a black plastic material that was tougher as the feed line was now pressurized as opposed to the earlier cars with fuel pump in the rear sucking fuel through it. The area where lines that see the most deteriorating are where they exit the firewall and are exposed to more heat. SS line kits are available and are safer. The cost about $100 in the states but shipping to NZ will be pricy.
advtracing
cheers guys , everything advised in a nut shell. i get alot of parts in from the usa for my company so no issue getting some ss lines . the engine and box need to come out anyway for detailing so may as well do the lines at the same time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.