Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing Seat Adjuster Handles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
keely444
Any one replace their seat adjuster Handles with any of the aftermarket products out there. How does the removal and install work? Also has anyone powder coated the originals?
keely444
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Jun 15 2016, 08:57 PM) *

Thanks! Do you know what material they are made of?
Mikey914
Steel powder coated black. They will NEVER break and are designed so that the holes are on center with the existing rivets.
Michael broke one of the "unbreakable" plastic ones on his car. He will be doing this soon too.
keely444
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 16 2016, 12:54 AM) *

Steel powder coated black. They will NEVER break and are designed so that the holes are on center with the existing rivets.
Michael broke one of the "unbreakable" plastic ones on his car. He will be doing this soon too.

That is what I was hoping to hear. I will get some on order.
Optimusglen
I have a steel one from 914Rubber in my car, the thing is seriously really tough, very pleased with it. I have an early car so I only have one though.
76-914
Buy 2 because Mark's is actually nicer than the OEM model. beerchug.gif
Rob-O
agree.gif

I bought 914Rubber ones. Easy fix and they e been in place for several years. I can't see them ever breaking again.

Originals were pot metal. Even if you removed them, painted them and put them back on the car, eventually they're going to fatigue to the point of failing. When? Probably two weeks after you have them powder coated!
green914
914 Rubber agree.gif have them on mine, easy to install.
billsimmeth
Question for those that have installed the 914Rubber handle: Do I need to drill the holes in the adjuster to a larger size or do the supplied screws fit in the factory holes?
Rob-O
Ya been awhile since I installed them but I want to say I did need to drill a slightly larger hole and then assemble with nut and bolt. I don’t remember if the nut and bolt were provided by 914Rubber or not.
billsimmeth
Thanks Rob,

Seems hardware is included. Just need to know hole size as car is leaving tomorrow for California and I'll need to install handle in the field.

QUOTE(Rob-O @ May 20 2018, 07:35 PM) *

Ya been awhile since I installed them but I want to say I did need to drill a slightly larger hole and then assemble with nut and bolt. I don’t remember if the nut and bolt were provided by 914Rubber or not.

914-300Hemi
I just installed one. You have to make the hole bigger for the bolts that are provided with the kit. I would suggest replacing both of them.
I did take the eats out to drill the old rivets out which made the job much easier.
billsimmeth
Thanks guys. Anyone know what diameter the bolt that 914Rubber provides is?
Dave_Darling
Avoid the plastic Weltmeister ones... They break about the second time you use them.

--DD
jcd914
I did not buy this one, it came with one of the cars I bought but I don't know of anyone else that makes metal ones other than 914rubber.

It has 6mm Allen head bolts with lock washers, so a 1/4 inch drill will work.

Jim

Click to view attachment

Matty900
I restored the base while I had it out and also replaced the seat adjuster bushings. https://shop.914rubber.com/Seat-adjuster-re...4?categoryId=-1
Matty900
Drill out the broken handle. (I think it was 7/32)
Matty900
Then screw on the new one.
billsimmeth
Thanks all!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.