Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am sad to say, Jeff Stroud passed away this weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ConeDodger
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jun 16 2016, 03:02 AM) *

Very sad news. Jeff was a great guy and a true gentleman. My condolences go out to Jeff's family.

2012 WCR, touring the Bell factory ..
IPB Image

Jeff arranged that tour. His brother is in charge off that design lab... sad.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 16 2016, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jun 16 2016, 03:02 AM) *

Very sad news. Jeff was a great guy and a true gentleman. My condolences go out to Jeff's family.

2012 WCR, touring the Bell factory ..
IPB Image

Jeff arranged that tour. His brother is in charge off that design lab... sad.gif

That was a cool tour....I'll have to print out that pic for my garage with Jeff, myself and others...
JRust
Damn it sad.gif . Shared a room in Moab one year for Red Rocks. Great guy & I will miss him. RIP my friend. My prayers go out to his wonderful wife & family
Justinp71
RIP. I got the pleasure of meeting him a few times. What a nice guy.
wes
Click to view attachment Our lunch stop @ Lake Tahoe 2014 WCR drive around the lake.
914Sixer
Sorry to hear that we lost another one! RIP !
EdwardBlume
This one hurts! Jeff was a great guy, a father, a husband, and a guy that fully embraced our hobby only to be cut short. I last saw him at McMarks goodbye fest and both him and his wife were just great people. My sincerest condolences.
worn
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jun 15 2016, 08:19 PM) *

I received a message today from a close family friend that Jeff passed away over the weekend.

No details but many of you knew he had been diagnosed with Kidney cancer just over a year ago.

Jeff was a great man and an asset to our community and he will be missed.

Rest in Peace my friend.

Jim

Click to view attachment

I have offer assistance in what ever his wife/family needs and the family friend (Kevin) will be letting me how and when I can contact his wife.
I will pass on what I learn.

Knowing it was coming he sold me things he had held onto. This Worldkeeps showing us that is what we do, for awhile. Thanks, Jeff.
ThePaintedMan
Sorry to say I never met Jeff. But he always seemed like a positive guy, up until his last post in April. I'm just so tired of losing good folks, but as Robert Earl Keen wrote... "the road goes on forever... and the party never ends." Rest in peace Jeff.
larryM
ouch! - a good guy - i had no clue his health was waning

some of us (like me) are gettin' older enuf to consider this a clarion to seriously start getting out of the old-914 hobby - time to turn it over to the millennials

orthobiz
Did I miss his 914world member name??

Paul
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 17 2016, 03:58 PM) *

Did I miss his 914world member name??

Paul

JStroud

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=12594
ben*james
RIP. I really appreciated his build thread. Sorry to see him go.
lcjo73914
Rest in peace
napasteve
RIP. I'm glad I got to meet Jeff at McMark's going away party. His 3.2 car was very cool.
Maltese Falcon
Sad to hear this, my condolences to his Family + Friends. I will miss him here on 914world.
Marty
matthepcat
Very sad. Way too young.
Elliot Cannon
I remember Jeff from the 2014 WCR at Lake Tahoe. It was my birthday that weekend and he gave me a something for my birthday. It was long, kinda fat and rolled in some kind of paper. Great stuff. Another great guy, gone before his time. sad.gif RIP
oldschool
sad.gif Wow I meet him when he came down to pick up a 3.0 from some guy in L.A.
I really couldn't help him much, Very cool kat.
So sorry to hear.
914outlaw
Rest in peace

Condolences to the family.
ConeDodger
I don't think Jeff ever missed a Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion event. In this shot from five years ago he had driven his father's Boxster. You can see him with his back to the camera... At one event, after we had all done the donut thing, we drove out to his house in Galt and had the most amazing BBQ... He will be missed. sad.gif
MartyYeoman
Jeff will be missed. His comfortable style was always fun to be around. RIP compadre!!
bye1.gif
whitetwinturbo
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

............there are no speed limits in heaven
ConeDodger
Jeff's wife has put his car up for sale for far less than its worth. $23500.00 I'd place the value at over $30000.00.
krazykonrad
Thoughts and prayers.
Chris H.
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 22 2016, 05:52 PM) *

Jeff's wife has put his car up for sale for far less than its worth. $23500.00 I'd place the value at over $30000.00.

Aw man, someone buy it! That's a great car. Otherwise it'll be another one that gets flipped after a member passes. YOU CAN'T BUILD IT FOR THAT.
wes
I believe the six conversion was done right by McMark on the 2.7 motor then Jeff later pulled it for the present motor which I believe is a 3.0 or possibly 3.2. Jeff new his stuff and it seems he built the engine, wish I had the $$
ConeDodger
'85 3.2
euro911
Yes, someone's gonna get a nicely sorted gem. Hope it's someone out here too.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jun 22 2016, 05:12 PM) *

Aw man, someone buy it! That's a great car. Otherwise it'll be another one that gets flipped after a member passes. YOU CAN'T BUILD IT FOR THAT.

Should help the widow out and see if it could be eBay'd Not that I would want to pay more, but it would be nice if she could appreciate the value of what he has done with the car. All those bills she may or may not have seen, but to help her get more out of it. If anyone is local and she would want the help.
wes
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 22 2016, 03:52 PM) *

I don't see it listed here were is it?
mgp4591
I saw the thread about helping him get his car finished - what a great way to send off a friend. I hope his family is blessed with the comfort they need and that his roads are now free of traffic and speed limits...
Andyrew
QUOTE(wes @ Jun 22 2016, 10:11 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 22 2016, 03:52 PM) *

I don't see it listed here were is it?

She listed it on facebook.
ssuperflyoldguy
RIP - local guy, would have liked to have met him.
Chris H.
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 23 2016, 12:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jun 22 2016, 05:12 PM) *

Should help the widow out and see if it could be eBay'd Not that I would want to pay more, but it would be nice if she could appreciate the value of what he has done with the car. All those bills she may or may not have seen, but to help her get more out of it. If anyone is local and she would want the help.

Very nice idea Mark. You just never know with e-bay though. I might suggest that someone here show up and pay full price, no negotiating. Just pay and drive away. You would be highly respected here and still get a great deal. I would hate for someone to take advantage of his family's lack of knowledge and get it even cheaper. It's the sorting part that you can't put a price on. Hours of checking gauges, pressures, temperatures, looking for leaks, etc, etc. All that is done.

PS I am not in the hunt for this car. Just looking out for Jeff's family like many of us are.

Back on track...I already miss my monthly "how ya doing" PM with Jeff. He always said he was doing pretty well. Great attitude right to the end.

Side note: the first one I sent I accidentally titled "Hows ya dong?". He didn't reply for a few days which was awkward lol-2.gif . Luckily he thought it was funny.
tygaboy
So sorry to hear about Jeff. Didn't know him but anyone who generates all the great comments was surely a great guy.

Feels awkward but I am interested in his car.

Can anyone help me get in contact with his family? Or get them my contact info?

Thanks,

Chris
Petaluma, CA
925-708-5295
Lennies914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jun 23 2016, 08:20 AM) *

So sorry to hear about Jeff. Didn't know him but anyone who generates all the great comments was surely a great guy.

Feels awkward but I am interested in his car.

Can anyone help me get in contact with his family? Or get them my contact info?

Thanks,

Chris
Petaluma, CA
925-708-5295

Chris,
My wife is in contact with Jeff's wife. She is as wonderful as Jeff was. She has asked us to help with the sale of his car. Give me a call at your convenience.

As all have stated Jeff was a GREAT guy and would help anyone out with anything. Now it's time to return the favors.

RIP my friend.
Jeffs9146
I always enjoyed the time I spent with Jeff. He spent a lot of money on my stuff and was always up for a drive down to look for something he may or may not need.

RIP Jeff, you are in our thoughts! beerchug.gif

Toast
sad.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 22 2016, 06:52 PM) *

That's a very fair price for a very honest car.
green914
agree.gif great price for a very nice car.
jcd914
Jeff's Obituary
Mueller
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jun 25 2016, 10:57 AM) *

Thanks for posting that.

Lennies914
Hi this is Sandy, Lennie's wife! Jeff's wife, Deborah, would like to invite all who can attend a "Celebration of Life for Jeff" on August 6th at 1pm in Galt, CA. Please join this Facebook group for all of the details. Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/254423618266149/

SirAndy
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jun 28 2016, 05:57 PM) *
Hi this is Sandy, Lennie's wife! Jeff's wife, Deborah, would like to invite all who can attend a "Celebration of Life for Jeff" on August 6th at 1pm in Galt, CA. Please join this Facebook group for all of the details. Thank you!

I'll be able to make it ...
driving.gif
wes
I'll be there.
JRust
I'm going to try to be there
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 28 2016, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jun 28 2016, 05:57 PM) *

I'll be able to make it ...
driving.gif

I was hoping something like this was being planned. I'll try my best to be there.
Lennies914
Hi this is Lennie's wife Sandy. For those that may not be part of Facebook and are planning to attend Jeff's celebration of life, would you please email me at sandywillis2007@gmail.com so that I can get an approximate headcount?

Jeff's brother Dave has graciously offered to take care of the barbecuing, coleslaw, and potato salad! I would like to be able to get him an approximate number of attendees by mid next week if possible.

Even if you are unsure at this point if you can make it, I would still like to include you in the headcount!

Thank you all so much!!

Here is the link once again for those that are on Facebook to the group with all the details and sign up for side dishes, easy ups, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/254423618266149/
Lennies914
Hi everyone this is Sandy!! Working on all the final details for Jeff's celebration! I am going to be renting tables, chairs, linens, and a porta potty. There are some food items, glass and silverware, and beverages I still need to buy/make. So I am asking for any that would like to donate cash to help fund these items! Any money left after I pay for everything will be donated to Deborah for her trip! If you can donate please "gift" it via PayPal to:
doodledypes@gmail.com

Thank you! ❤️
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.