Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: GROUP BUY 914-6 Single Motor Mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
maddog
914-6 OEM replica motor mount designed by Original Customs and manufactured by Maddogs Motor Sports. This mount will fit up to the 3.2 liter flat six and works with early and late cars. BE AWARE that the mount uses the WEVO 911 Sport mount that is sold separately. The retail price on my website is $350, I have 10 available so here is the price breakdown:

5 buyers $300 shipped

here is the group buy status so far:

1. Colingreene
2. Flyer86d
3. Mastercylinder
4. Raynekat
5. 914outlaw
6. Mikey914

this group buy will close this Friday August 19 for the $300 price. Those that are on the list so far pm me your paypal emails and I will paypal invoice you. These are ready to ship so as soon as I receive payment they will ship UPS ground.

Click to view attachment

This wiring is on a 75/76 chassis. 70-74 cars will route MUCH better. The hole in the shelf was moved towards the center of the car in the late bodies.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mb911

This is a great deal for folks. I just made 3 sets for myself and 1 member and I wouldn't even consider selling them for this price.. Nice job
colingreene
I am in for one for T.Hartline.
flyer86d
Can the engine mount portion be used with a stock -6 chassis mount? Reason, I would like a seperate engine mount for the hot rod motor and keep the stock with the original.

Charlie
maddog
Charlie, I believe it can, LukeM is using the WEVO mount and plate in place of his stock rubber mount and had to put a 6mm shim because the wevo is shorter than the stock one so I think you would be ok? Maybe Mark D can confirm this?

QUOTE(flyer86d @ Jun 29 2016, 04:04 PM) *

Can the engine mount portion be used with a stock -6 chassis mount? Reason, I would like a seperate engine mount for the hot rod motor and keep the stock with the original.

Charlie

mb911
QUOTE(maddog @ Jun 30 2016, 03:57 AM) *

Charlie, I believe it can, LukeM is using the WEVO mount and plate in place of his stock rubber mount and had to put a 6mm shim because the wevo is shorter than the stock one so I think you would be ok? Maybe Mark D can confirm this?

QUOTE(flyer86d @ Jun 29 2016, 04:04 PM) *

Charlie

I would agree it should be no problem if it were setup for the stock rubber mount or the wevo it should work just fine for you. As I said I am knee deep in making some for friends and family ☺ and having looked at factory stuff I am confident it will work for your needs
raynekat
Curious with all of these aftermarket engine mounts, it seems like the snorkel that runs the back end wiring is always in a bind, contorted, twisted, etc.

Is this a problem?

I've got the other style 914-6 engine mount (Velios type) and I'm working this out as we go.

How to get the snorkel to smoothly and nicely get past these non factory engine mounts.....
Luke M
[quote name='maddog' date='Jun 30 2016, 04:57 AM' post='2365813']

[quote name='flyer86d' post='2365659' date='Jun 29 2016, 04:04 PM']

Charlie

You will need a 6 mm spacer if you are planning on using a Wevo mount/adapter plate with a factory 914-6 firewall and engine mount.

I purchased the Wevo mount and adapter plate from Dave/Mark.
I noticed right away that there was a height difference between the factory rubber mount and the Wevo. I measured the two side by side and the Wevo was 6 mm shorter then the factory 6 part. I plan on making up a 6 mm spacer that would go between the lower side of the Wevo mount and the top of the factory 6 engine mount. That should fix the height problem. I do not know if Mark added the 6 mm difference on his engine side mount? That would be a question that he would need to answer. Hope this helps out the factory 6 guys looking to replace a worn out/damaged rubber engine mount.
flyer86d
OK, thanks for the input. Based on that, add me to the list for one. I only need the engine portion but I will purchase the whole thing and add the firewall piece to my collection of parts to build another one.

Charlie
maddog
here is the group buy status so far:

1. Colingreene
2. Flyer86d
3. Mastercylinder
4. Raynekat
5. 914outlaw
6. Mikey914

see original post above
raynekat
I'd need a better pic of how the snorkel weaves through this new mount before I'd be a buyer and join the group.

Most of the after market mounts don't make it easy for the snorkel and wiring to get from the tunnel into the engine compartment.

Plus is it certain the factory rubber mount and upper/lower plates fit with this new mount? ...in case you don't want to go the Wevo route?
McMark
Raynekat, what year is your car?

70-74 are just like the original 914-6 and they won't interfere.

75-76 cars have the snorkel in the location pictured above and you have to make adjustments or run it like the picture above.
MasterCylinder
I will take one.
raynekat
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 14 2016, 11:28 AM) *

Raynekat, what year is your car?

70-74 are just like the original 914-6 and they won't interfere.

75-76 cars have the snorkel in the location pictured above and you have to make adjustments or run it like the picture above.

Mine is a 1971.

Guess I need to know if the factory rubber mount with the 2 sandwich plates will work with your two pieces?
McMark
That's what it was designed to work with. Let me just confirm one measurement first though. I'll respond tomorrow.
McMark
Confirmed the measurement. Should work just fine with a stock mount.
raynekat
OK, then put me down as part of the group buy. I'll be trading in that other mount that you PM'd me about. I'll hang on to mine until the group buy is official.
maddog
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jul 26 2016, 11:25 AM) *

OK, then put me down as part of the group buy. I'll be trading in that other mount that you PM'd me about. I'll hang on to mine until the group buy is official.

PM'd you
maddog
icon_bump.gif
forrestkhaag
icon_bump.gif
maddog
Need one more buyer to close this group buy, this is a great deal, last chance to get this at a discounted price.
forrestkhaag
icon_bump.gif
914outlaw
QUOTE(maddog @ Aug 13 2016, 12:22 PM) *

Need one more buyer to close this group buy, this is a great deal, last chance to get this at a discounted price.

I'll take one.
Thanks Dave P
Mikey914
Put me down for one as I will probably do this later. I also have the snorkel tubes that are about 1" longer for those that need one. Will this work with the factory mount? as I'm working on these now too!
McMark
I measured the mount based on a real six mount, but have since lost access to the mount. So the best I can say is that it's supposed to work with a factory rubber mount.
maddog
See original posting, this group buy will be closed Friday August 19th.
maddog
Last chance to get in on this group buy, it will be closed tonight at midnight.
maddog
I still have 4 of these units ready to ship out, let me know if you have any questions.
exultant1
QUOTE(maddog @ Oct 12 2016, 05:24 AM) *

I still have 4 of these units ready to ship out, let me know if you have any questions.

Ill Take 1 as well...PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.