Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running on LPG
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
matthepcat
Click to view attachment
veekry9
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome...histic+behavior

"...Yes, my dad is DBCooper. Yes, he’s just as weird in real life. Maybe weirder.
And yes, I have many emotional, mental, and physical scars from being raised by him.
..."
biggrin.gif
DBCooper,a man of empathy and compassion,here on the world.
lol-2.gif
/
Some of you have no plan to adopt the cheaper,cleaner fuel and therefore have no bone,or stake,in the subject.
A common affliction among men,the follower gene,is the bandwagon personality,lemming like.
Innovation,the thrust of the world's evolution is the product of nonconformists,'thinking outside of the box'.
Without ideas actually means 'Without a clue',destined to live a life of mundane conformity,average and less.
Looking to wean themselves off the Opec 'tit',some have decided that the lpg/ng/h way has great advantage.
In fact,I believe the benefits are so great,that sanctioning bodes would disallow the fuel for competition.
/
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome...ropane%20engine
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome...ion+lpg+propane
Clearly,few have made the conversion to the lighter gasses for their aircooled engines.
We would have found some reference here on the inet,looking.
A built na engine would display great performance and fuel efficiency,as well as extended longevity,as the carbon fouling would be absent.
So,a plan to rebuild the aircooled engine of your ride,for gasses use,would appear as a smart move,for the future,and all good.
One could construe that I have some interest in the subject,and hence the small effort made to bone up on the use.
Ignorant,irrational and reactionary mouthings usually signifies an underlying dysfunction,and should be suppressed,
shaved and destroyed,like zombies and methheads.
biggrin.gif
/
DBCooper
QUOTE(veekry9 @ Jul 6 2016, 02:28 PM) *

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome...histic+behavior

"...Yes, my dad is DBCooper. Yes, he’s just as weird in real life. Maybe weirder.
And yes, I have many emotional, mental, and physical scars from being raised by him.
..."
biggrin.gif
DBCooper,a man of empathy and compassion,here on the world.
lol-2.gif

Wait, my son jokes and you use that as some perverted justification to call me a sadomasochist? Am I understanding you correctly? I advise you to choose your words very carefully.

veekry9
You may infer whatever you like,I've made my observations over the past decades and more.
Nothing to contribute to the subject,and have been offended by a sharp defense.
How very inconvenient,that you now wish to debate some other irrelevant subject,that you opened yourself.
Posting aggressively provocative,derisive and plain witless statements is a tenet of freedom.
Only some people can post like that on site,one might deduce,not that they should.
Give a poke,take a poke.That is the way of all things in our world,as with civility.
dry.gif
/
'Rhett Butler: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. ...'
/
DBCooper
Clarity is not your strength, Veek, so I'm not sure I understand your point(s). Let me try to clarify. The thread title is “Running on LPG,” then subtitled “probably done but not finding it.” Keeping that “I’m not finding it” in mind, there are a dozen links suggested in the thread, then your post contains another half dozen. So tell me, were those links difficult for you to find? Of course not. The other dozen? Of course not. They were all easy to find for anyone who expended even the minimum effort to look for them. This is the third or fourth thread where he’s done that, asked others to search for information he could easily find himself. That’s childish bullshit, so I (and others) called him on it.

That was a question of forum etiquette. You might have an argument with that, which is fine, but that’s very different than you or anyone else making a personal insult, especially one that infers mental health issues. That’s ugly, and it’s really upping the ante. I asked you to choose your words carefully, so that’s your considered response? A personal insult?

Chris914n6
QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 5 2016, 04:24 PM) *

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 5 2016, 06:12 PM) *

You're what, about fourteen years old? Grow up.

Good news is that you've apparently figured out how to google. Big progress, congrats.

And your what 90? time to retire

Oh, so you're young. That's embarrassing. My 70 year old mother has better internet skills.

Sorry. I gave you a chance. You blew it. No more of my limited free time for you.
injunmort
no skin in the game here, considering the source, op could have read "anyone run jato bottles and won a darwin award. i am sure its been done, just can't find it."
76-914
Hey Paul, how's it going. happy11.gif Smart move, Pal. As soon as I spotted him I hit that button faster than a Family Feud Contestant! Funny thing is I enjoy his threads since his comments have vanished. I crack up reading most of the responses, however. Now when I read his threads (sans him) his "trollism" is apparent. Question: Did Freaky & Deeky form an alliance? I can't tell with both of them blocked. av-943.gif Peace out Bro. Hope to catch you at an upcoming event. beerchug.gif
Gunn1
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 6 2016, 07:22 PM) *

Hey Paul, how's it going. happy11.gif Smart move, Pal. As soon as I spotted him I hit that button faster than a Family Feud Contestant! Funny thing is I enjoy his threads since his comments have vanished. I crack up reading most of the responses, however. Now when I read his threads (sans him) his "trollism" is apparent. Question: Did Freaky & Deeky form an alliance? I can't tell with both of them blocked. av-943.gif Peace out Bro. Hope to catch you at an upcoming event. beerchug.gif

So now I'm not on Ignore?

I knew you couldn't stay away..
porschetub
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Jul 6 2016, 10:19 PM) *

This thread is an embarrassment to the forum

agree.gif ,this guy loves being pissed off by people and that is very strange human behavour,somewhat of a worry really,jeez the Pelican guys would nuke him ....I noticed folks on here are more polite to a point and then...................
Gunn1
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 6 2016, 08:47 PM) *

agree.gif ,this guy loves being pissed off by people and that is very strange human behavour,somewhat of a worry really,jeez the Pelican guys would nuke him ....I noticed folks on here are more polite to a point and then...................

Ahhhh why so craggy Mate?
BeatNavy
QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 6 2016, 09:55 PM) *

I'm guessing it may have something to do with the fact that you were a bit of a dick to him a couple weeks back.
Gunn1
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 6 2016, 09:36 PM) *

QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 6 2016, 09:55 PM) *

I'm guessing it may have something to do with the fact that you were a bit of a dick to him a couple weeks back.

I apologize for that, I guess I was a dick to you as well.

Maybe this forum stuff isn't for me.
stugray
The funniest part (to ME) is that I had no interest in the subject so I avoided this thread.
It wasnt until I noticed it brought up in the sandbox that I came back to see what all the controversy was about.
You people that are all over OU812 can just choose to not read his threads.
It is a very simple concept.
The fact that you spend so much time arguing with him and correcting his 'inappropriate internet behavior" is pathetic and reminds me of the bullies in school that picked on the "weird kids".

It is like the "looky loos" that will hold up traffic to try to catch a glimpse of a dead body in a traffic accident and hold up traffic for everyone else.
Just move along and let it be.

I have been on this forum for 7 years and dont recall ANYONE asking about LPG powered 914s.

Sometimes I want to carry on a conversation about a topic and not just get a google search result on a topic.
If that concept is sooo foreign to some on this forum, then perhaps YOU are the ones that need to reevaluate your membership on an INTERNET FORUM.
Since an internet forum is MORE than just a perfectly organized repository for information, it is a place for people to carry on conversations and ask questions that (OMG NO!) MIGHT have been asked before...

Is OU812 somewhat abrasive and even immature in his responses on occasion?
Yes.
However I know more than one of our members that also has that distinction (including myself) but also contributes A LOT to the overall knowledge base here.

So while I agree that OU812 acts like he needs attention, I also agree that SOME of the other members embarrass this forum more than HE does.
happy11.gif
DBCooper
You just looked at this thread again? Then you may have missed the photos he posted flipping birds at everyone then threatening to put his foot up people's asses. That's all been removed.

Or did you see that?

rhodyguy
Missed it. DAMN! Sounds like the posting could have warranted some time in the corner while wearing a dunce cap. Others have been given a 'time out' for less.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 6 2016, 10:43 PM) *

Maybe this forum stuff isn't for me.

Like everything else, it just takes practice.
914_teener
QUOTE(stugray @ Jul 7 2016, 11:32 AM) *

The funniest part (to ME) is that I had no interest in the subject so I avoided this thread.
It wasnt until I noticed it brought up in the sandbox that I came back to see what all the controversy was about.
The fact that you spend so much time arguing with him and correcting his 'inappropriate internet behavior" is pathetic and reminds me of the bullies in school that picked on the "weird kids".

It is like the "looky loos" that will hold up traffic to try to catch a glimpse of a dead body in a traffic accident and hold up traffic for everyone else.

I have been on this forum for 7 years and dont recall ANYONE asking about LPG powered 914s.

Sometimes I want to carry on a conversation about a topic and not just get a google search result on a topic.
If that concept is sooo foreign to some on this forum, then perhaps YOU are the ones that need to reevaluate your membership on an INTERNET FORUM.
Since an internet forum is MORE than just a perfectly organized repository for information, it is a place for people to carry on conversations and ask questions that (OMG NO!) MIGHT have been asked before...

Yes.
However I know more than one of our members that also has that distinction (including myself) but also contributes A LOT to the overall knowledge base here.

So while I agree that OU812 acts like he needs attention, I also agree that SOME of the other members embarrass this forum more than HE does.
happy11.gif

So you were in the Sandbox and then you were a "Lookie Loo"?

I humbly disagee Stu.

You don.t go into an elevator fart....and then see who reacts.

That is pathalogical ....on the internet or not.

It wasn.t ever about the subject matter....it was about the smell and some folks didn.t like it and said something about it.

If he/she was given a time out....then that is ok in my book..IMHO. I put him on ignore a while back.
Gunn1
QUOTE(stugray @ Jul 7 2016, 01:32 PM) *

Yes.

happy11.gif

It really did not start that way in the beginning.

But after posting a few threads, eventually the post was hijacked and became a post on how could I even ask such a thing or insesently asking if I had or even tried to use the Search function.

I think there is almost only so much any reasonable person can take regarding this stuff before they become a little agitated and "act out". I just could not let it stand and had to show all the people who were piling on that even though I was one guy I could give it out pretty good.

I know there are many here that will want to hold a grudge and that's ok, but I am hoping there are just as many or more who are willing to give me a second chance.

DBCooper
"Who? Me?" Seriously? It suddenly "just happened"? That's your explanation, your defense? Do you really believe that?

This isn't the first, it's the forth or fifth thread you've been asked, in the beginning very subtly, nicely, to act more responsibly. Hell, there's an entire THREAD making fun of you: "The next thread from OU812, How long until he posts this?" HERE that starts out "'So, I'm thinking of getting some parts from this outfit called Automobile Atlanta. Has anyone heard of them? What does everyone think of them?' I figure he'll be posting that in less than a month. Any other guesses?" A thread started by some maladjusted rabble-rouser who has it in for you, no doubt.

Through five threads you ignored the subtle hints, the more direct hints, the suggestions, advice, and so on. Then it blew up and now it's "Who? Me?" You can't be serious.

Since you're only fourteen years old you have an excuse, but tell you what, you go flipping birds in people's faces in real life, not on the internet, and it won't turn out well for you. More very good advice that you can also ignore.

I'm curious to see how this will turn out so I'll watch, but you're now on my "ignore" list, so from now on I'm good.

Gunn1
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 7 2016, 05:12 PM) *

"Who? Me?" Seriously? It suddenly "just happened"? That's your explanation, your defense? Do you really believe that?

This isn't the first, it's the forth or fifth thread you've been asked, in the beginning very subtly, nicely, to act more responsibly. Hell, there's an entire THREAD making fun of you: "The next thread from OU812, How long until he posts this?" HERE that starts out "'So, I'm thinking of getting some parts from this outfit called Automobile Atlanta. Has anyone heard of them? What does everyone think of them?' I figure he'll be posting that in less than a month. Any other guesses?" A thread started by some maladjusted rabble-rouser who has it in for you, no doubt.

Through five threads you ignored the subtle hints, the more direct hints, the suggestions, advice, and so on. Then it blew up and now it's "Who? Me?" You can't be serious.

Since you're only fourteen years old you have an excuse, but tell you what, you go flipping birds in people's faces in real life, not on the internet, and it won't turn out well for you. More very good advice that you can also ignore.

I'm curious to see how this will turn out so I'll watch, but you're now on my "ignore" list, so from now on I'm good.

Guess I found one grudge holder ...its ok, I'm good with it DB.
stugray
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 7 2016, 04:12 PM) *

... but tell you what, you go flipping birds in people's faces in real life, not on the internet, and it won't turn out well for you. More very good advice that you can also ignore.

So we have an emoticon for flipping the bird finger.gif which is fine (finger fired for effect, not direct at DBCooper :-).
But a picture of a person doing precisely the same thing is completely over the line?
Got it.

(maybe having that emoticon sets a bad precedent?? confused24.gif )

Has anyone seen "Gran Torino" with Clint Eastwood where he takes the kid to the barber shop to teach him how to "talk shit" properly?
OU812 hasnt had that lesson yet. (maybe he should watch that movie)
DBCooper
Stu, that's an emoticon. A cartoon. It's little, it's cute. And yes, that's very different than a big in your face Johnny Cash "FUCK YOU!!" It was intended differently and was received exactly as it was intended.

DBCooper
QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 7 2016, 03:49 PM) *

It's not a "grudge," I've identified an asshole, that's all.

Stu, that's an emoticon. A cartoon. It's little, it's cute, it waves at you. And yes, that's very different than a big in your face Johnny Cash "FUCK YOU!!" That's the message he intended and was received exactly as it was intended.

Gunn1
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 7 2016, 06:11 PM) *

Stu, that's an emoticon. A cartoon. It's little, it's cute, it waves at you. And yes, that's very different than a big in your face Johnny Cash "FUCK YOU!!" That's the message he intended and was received exactly as it was intended.

Ok....I"m the Ass hole.

DBCooper
No, you're right, calling you an asshole was uncalled for and I take it back. I've identified what to me is a profound irritation and waste of time, and have taken steps to distance myself from it.

Adeus.

rhodyguy
I think you guys got played a bit. Revenge? Nah. A little FU? Maybe.
Gunn1
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 7 2016, 06:29 PM) *

No, you're right, calling you an asshole was uncalled for and I take it back. I've identified what to me is a profound irritation and waste of time, and have taken steps to distance myself from it.

Adeus.

That is your right and I respect it.
veekry9
Click to view attachment

Toroidal pressure vessel.

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome...ternet+is+wrong
https://www.google.ca/#q=electroshock+ethic...gram+experiment
The conclusion of the tests then is,that 65/100 persons will administer a fatal jolt,if so suggested by a 'person of authority'.
Therefore,the same majority,given the opportunity to inflict harm,will do so,a trait armies depend on.
The causality,anthropologists may eventually determine,is the primal,reptilian vestiges of our modern brains,
Having that behaviour displayed online is illuminating,further corroborating the experiment's results.
Inet role and war game playing are additional venues for the observation and experimenting of human behaviour,like lab chimps.
Evidently,an auto forum too,is such a channel to draw conclusions from,the studied activity interesting,as some have nothing to do with autos.
Rather,the impetus to compell others to 'do what I tell you',signifies some buried'authority gene',demonstrated by dictators,over all history.
The Sadistic/Masochistic reference was made to the 65% of you that enjoy thumping and jumping newbies,a 'fun'derived from a lack of basic social skills.
No-one in particular was the target.That someone popped up to make a defense of the 'piling',just means the experiment's data is correct.
Apologizing,then offending,and or the reverse,is a subversive move,the intent plain to see.
That you would still do it as an adult only means you have never been called on it,or suffered the consequences.
'It's OK,I didn't do anything wrong'is the phrase often heard when such men are confronted,in an attempt to avoid those consequences.
Sadly,throughout the entire human experience,we have been forced to protect those unable and destroy those who would subjugate them.
That is the price of freedom,the certainty that the battle must be made,and knowing that the outcome is dependant on the conviction with which you hold your mores.
/
https://www.google.ca/search?q=propane+ng+h...g+tank+toroidal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autogas
http://www.elgas.com.au/autogas-lpg-cars
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome...utogas%20canada
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome...lpg+autogas+usa

So yeah,the market share that lpg/ng/H2 takes is quite small today,it will grow and for good reason.
Get your shares soon.
smile.gif
DBCooper
And you're still sitting there in a tinfoil helmet pecking at the keyboard. Telling.

I could google up a dozen references to histronic paranoia, splitting and projection, make similarly baseless inferences, and appear to be almost equally delusional. Almost. But why?

You know sometimes human beings act like assholes or children, other people notice and they get called on it, and that's all it is. It's really that simple, a facet of normal human interchange. Keep observing, Veek, hopefully one of these days it will become clear to you.

No value here, none. Onto the ignore list. Done and dusted.

76-914
About time Paul. You said that earlier. Glad you finally TtTO. (Turned the Troll ((or Turd)) Off.
veekry9
Two perfect examples of adolescent name-calling and total lack of focus on the subject of the thread.
In the child's schoolyard the first to offend wins,traits displayed here,for you.
Thank you both for leaving the dialog,nothing to add,nothing to say,nothing.

/
Concentrate on the heading,it's about the gas,man.
Some good info dug up and some new tech for the digital metering of the light fuels.
A terrific application would be the marine engine,a supplement to the diesel.
A number of Cayennes have made the conversions and I would guess the boosted engines have the greatest advantage.
https://www.google.ca/?ion=1&espv=2#q=d...opane+injection
A two fuel engine?How much better are they?

Gonna be some time before the results return from the first users.
Stay tuned.
biggrin.gif
/

Perry Kiehl Clone
I have a 40+ year old Hyster that was converted to propane long before I got the machine. It's got a fairly low compression Continental industrial 4 cyl engine, and it's been a great little lift truck. We had a band truck that was gasoline and LP that ran great on LP. This thread piqued my curiosity, and then came the tar baby. geez :/
porschetub
QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 8 2016, 11:22 AM) *

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 7 2016, 06:11 PM) *

Ok....I"m the Ass hole.

I guess you are but really you long for someone to agree/disagree with you and your somewhat strange concepts and idea's,however appears you are getting up the nose of many on here,get a life our go and work on your 914 bud.
veekry9
Today,it is becoming more socially acceptable to LPG.
happy11.gif
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPIEngineering/videos
biggrin.gif
/
Gunn1
QUOTE(veekry9 @ Jul 14 2016, 12:15 PM) *

Today,it is becoming more socially acceptable to LPG.
happy11.gif
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPIEngineering/videos
biggrin.gif
/

I know Veek

But now that it could be considerd as a viable alternate the skeptics that were so vocal in their disapproval of me and the Question that was asked have grown silent.

Rand
QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 14 2016, 12:46 PM) *

But now that it could be considerd as a viable alternate the skeptics that were so vocal in their disapproval of me and the Question that was asked have grown silent.

I was convinced your were juvenile. Now I'm convinced you should seek help. You keep bringing all this back to you. That's a red flag. You need to seek help and understand why you do this.

Asperger's has been suggested. Now I'm wondering if there some narcissism in the cards. Get some help. We will be here for you.
Gunn1
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 14 2016, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 14 2016, 12:46 PM) *

I was convinced your were juvenile. Now I'm convinced you should seek help. You keep bringing all this back to you. That's a red flag. You need to seek help and understand why you do this.

Asperger's has been suggested. Now I'm wondering if there some narcissism in the cards. Get some help. We will be here for you.

Some folks just cannot admit when they are wrong.

Rather than have a open mind and say "maybe it is something to consider"

So instead of casting aspersions regarding my charchter or my age, maybe you could contribute like many others have.....

Rand
I'm often wrong!
I'm so open minded, my brain falls out.
No aspersion intended, definitely not an attack on your character. Just thought some help might be a good idea. A contribution. tongue.gif
Gunn1
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 15 2016, 04:09 PM) *

I'm often wrong!
I'm so open minded, my brain falls out.
No aspersion intended, definitely not an attack on your character. Just thought some help might be a good idea. A contribution. tongue.gif

I feel bad for you. I pray you get help, especially with that brain falling out thing. shades.gif

Now back to that Running on LPG subject
zambezi
Not LPG but natural gas. Also not a 914, but still interesting. I would think it would be a similar conversion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeRg217H_3A

Gunn1
QUOTE(zambezi @ Jul 15 2016, 07:58 PM) *

Not LPG but natural gas. Also not a 914, but still interesting. I would think it would be a similar conversion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeRg217H_3A

Thinking the issue with using Nat gas is it needs to be used at a higher PSI than LPG, making it more difficult to deal with from a delivery and Safety standpoint.

LPG stays liquid at a lower Pressure, than Nat Gas. Probably why you see most applications using the LPG.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.