Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 71 Project. Third time is the charm?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
AZBanks
Not much 914 related.

AZ PCA Flight 41 Concours
First place in the 924, 944, 928, 968 class.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I met SKL and saw several very nice 914's
AZBanks
I replaced the single gate to the back yard with a double gate and closed down the shop in central Phoenix. Spent the last two weekend building a shed and moving the car/tools/parts/etc home. The car is now right next to the house where we can work on it much faster and easier.
AZBanks
Engine in the back, must be a 911.
AZBanks
The project is the side yard at my house. It is too hot to work on it outside during the summer in phoenix so...

We just made a deal on this...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Spent most of it's life in Phoenix and Tucson.

Good runner, lots of chips in the paint. A few rust spots but very, very solid.
AZBanks
It is a 71 showing 114K miles. At some point in it's life someone swapped in a side shift transmission.
We made the deal, put a deposit down and we pick it up in two weeks(traveling too much sucks).

Here was the ad for it.

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/tucson-...6927862337.html
AZBanks
The green 914 has it's own thread so I will get this one back on track. I hope to get working on this project soon but I have a 944 S2 engine to rebuild as a turbo for my next project.

While there isn't much work being done, I am still in the hunt for parts. I just picked these up for this 914 project. There is a story to tell but I'll wait a few days for it to finish.
AZBanks
The wheels are Starke Design SC16. Tirerack used to sell them but now I can find almost no information about them. Is anyone familiar with Starke wheels?
AZBanks
This project just got pushed back some more.
I finally got on the schedule at the machine shop to get the work done on the 944 S2 block and head.
After waiting a year and a half, I drop the parts off on 1/1/2012
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.