Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 TURBO CARRERA UPDATE 4/9/05
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I was able to get the car out today and give it an easy breakin drive, The turbo comes on much sooner than the old Rayjay, It hits around 2800 - 3000 RPM as opposed to the 3800 from the old turbo setup, it's too soon to tell if it is as powerful as the old Rayjay as I am breaking in the turbo slowly and have not raised the boost up yet. I am sure there is some pressure drop with the intercooler installed. I will log in some miles over the weekend check and recheck all systems then give you a all systems go, throttle up report on the butt dyno. boldblue.gif
iamchappy
OH, OH very bad noise coming from engine. Car was running and sounding great and I have been driving it easy all day, I stopped for awhile at the neighbors when I got back in to drive it 2 blocks home it developed a bad noise and my oil pressure gauge shows low pressure, hoping a tensioner but sounds a lot like rod bearing noise, and the low oil pressure? The engine stills seems to run smooth I may be down for awhile till I figure this one out. sad.gif
Qarl
ohmy.gif

What about your cam driven oil pump?

iamchappy
No, it really sounds a lot like a rod bearing knock or a main bearing knock and the low oil pressure along with it, it seems odd that it would just happen all at once like that after sitting for a half hour and driving 2 blocks home. I replaced the oil pressure ending unit last week, I am hoping its more like tensioner failure.
iamchappy
Ok this is what I found, I drained the oil out and checked the magnetic plug and found some shavings but nothing that looks abnormal, I removed the sump screen and found a few particals that looked like shavings and may of been something that found its way into the case when I tapped the fittings for the oil pump in the cam, Looking further now that all the oil is cleaned up.
OH MY ohmy.gif, the oil pump shaft is broken at the spline end where the cerclip attaches oppisite the pump. Answer to the low oil pressure, I hope the rod bearing didnt fail in those two blocks I drove and the noise is related to the oil pump either way looks like my engine is going to have to have a major operation. And while im in there.................. Holy shit this is going to cost me $ :woohoo:and my whole summer. Just when it looked like I was ready to get everything finished up.
Sorry guys you and I will have to wait to see the test results.
Aaron Cox
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

aww man..... sorry man sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.