Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: it runs and it cools sort of
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
well i fixed the wiring, even upgraded some wiring while in there like added fuses where there when NONE on wires that connect to the battery directly. added a few grounds because when it melted down one of the things that took the most damage was the ground wires.

then i took here for a drive out on the highway about a 40 min drive, it got hot but not hot enough to over heat. at this point the scoop is not even attached to the bottom of the radiator, there is about a 1.5 inch gap. i did this as a test as a worse case, i know once i seal it up it will be better. also it does not cool fast enough for me at lights with one fan so today i am going to install another.
VegasRacer
Great news Scott. smilie_pokal.gif
I would hate for you to miss the WCC.
See ya in about 9.14 days. w00t.gif
scotty914
well tonight i added a second fan controled be the heater lever, and it will be controlled by the brain as well. i installed the over flow tank as well. so it should run cooler, i will take it out again tommarrow to see how the temp does
scotty b
wink.gif After the lambasting I received the other night, I am reluctant to say anything but I will. Congratulations! Glad you got it werked out, and dare I ask what the original problem was?? huh.gif Will I live to see tomorrow? Time will only tell. biggrin.gif
scotty914
sorry scott, i was in a slightly bad mood at the time. and you just happened to make a joke at the wrong time, i am sorry again

the problem was i think the head light switch shorted and there is a wire that goes to the head light switch that is unfused, so when it shorted there was nothing to protect it from melting down and into other wires.
scotty b
Well again, glad it is fixed, and hopefully I will get to see it by the end of the year. Looking forward to Pa.! Oh and I'm just bustin ya about the "mood" biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.