Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Raised Console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
Anyone like this custom raised console? I can drive and shift with my right arm supported at all times, it opens with lots of storage space inside, and it has a cupholder bar in front of the box in the tray. I had to add short seat belt extensions on each side to reach the belt latches. The shifter has been moved slightly to the left, the smaller Momo wheel gives my 6'3" legs lots of room now. A steering wheel spacer raises the steering wheel by about an inch so I can still see the gauges properly. You like the yellow Blaupunkt radio?Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
bandjoey
Cool Interior. Pictures of the cup holder and insides? Did you just build a new bottom box or add to the existing one?
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 15 2016, 09:23 PM) *

Cool Interior. Pictures of the cup holder and insides? Did you just build a new bottom box or add to the existing one?

Thanks, all new custom build, here's the inside and the cupholder is the curved wire in front.Click to view attachment
Coondog
Must have been your favorite TV show as a kid......... poke.gif Click to view attachment
914Sixer
AMCO aftermarket console had a raised end like yours. It was great item for cars with out the factory console.
jrblackbox
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Jul 15 2016, 08:02 PM) *

Anyone like this custom raised console? I can drive and shift with my right arm supported at all times, it opens with lots of storage space inside, and it has a cupholder bar in front of the box in the tray. I had to add short seat belt extensions on each side to reach the belt latches. The shifter has been moved slightly to the left, the smaller Momo wheel gives my 6'3" legs lots of room now. A steering wheel spacer raises the steering wheel by about an inch so I can still see the gauges properly. You like the yellow Blaupunkt radio?Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Info on the seat inserts please, and all you need now to set it off are some yellow face gauges! smile.gif
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(jrblackbox @ Jul 16 2016, 05:57 AM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Jul 15 2016, 08:02 PM) *

Info on the seat inserts please, and all you need now to set it off are some yellow face gauges! smile.gif

Seat inserts were custom made by local upholstery shop long ago, can't remember which one, but very simple to make.
whitetwinturbo
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif ...more banana aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
andys
I made a custom console, and elevated the arm rest. I always felt the stock height was somewhat useless. I now have a usable and comfortable arm rest.

Andys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.