Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dinner in SLC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Gint
And no, Andy didn't take these pics. That's just the camera trying to decide which snowflake to focus on!
Howard
Nice! What are the measurments of your trailer (in cubits)? rolleyes.gif
mk114
Glad to see you made it home safe.

I am very impressed with your car It was a work of art

Hope mine turns out as nice
Gint
QUOTE (Howard @ Apr 10 2005, 08:04 PM)
Nice!  What are the measurments of your trailer (in cubits)? rolleyes.gif

I aint goin outside to measure it Howard! biggrin.gif Too cold, wet, and now dark.

It's an 2000 pound, 18' car hauler. The sides of the walls (without the removable nose cone) are 12' long and the distance between the plywood on the inside, is 82 & 1/4". That help?
Gint
QUOTE (mk114 @ Apr 10 2005, 08:07 PM)
Glad to see you made it home safe.

I am very impressed with your car It was a work of art

Hope mine turns out as nice

Thanks Mike. It was great too meet you and I'm sure glad you made it over. Did I forget anyone in my list?
Skid
Gint, Glad you made it home safe, your car looks awesome. That color makes my car look dull and ugly. I'm jealous. pray.gif
Ohh, and if you ever need another rope b!@ch, I am here for ya blink.gif

It was great meeting all the rest of you guys, I didnt get to help too much but I learned a lot. someday I hope my car will be able to grace a set jackstands as well as all of yours do, until then, I will be driving biggrin.gif driving.gif .
Gint
QUOTE (Skid @ Apr 10 2005, 08:42 PM)
Gint, Glad you made it home safe, your car looks awesome. That color makes my car look dull and ugly. I'm jealous. pray.gif
Ohh, and if you ever need another rope b!@ch, I am here for ya blink.gif

It was great meeting all the rest of you guys, I didnt get to help too much but I learned a lot. someday I hope my car will be able to grace a set jackstands as well as all of yours do, until then, I will be driving biggrin.gif driving.gif .

Since we didn't get much chance to talk, it's good to know you've got a sense of humor. biggrin.gif You'll need it on this board.

As for the dull and ugly talk, stop it you're killin me. That was the best lookin running wink.gif 914 I saw all weekend. Seriously, that's a nice looking 914 you've got there. 5 lug even. Drive the hell out of it and enjoy it.
Hawktel
Yeah, I think with enough time and enough rabbit jokes, you guys will get that bowline thing down pat.

Gint
<!-- QuoteBegin Hawktel+Apr 10 2005, 09:34 PM --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hawktel @ Apr 10 2005, 09:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> Yeah, I think with enough time and enough rabbit jokes, you guys will get that bowline thing down pat. <!-- QuoteEnd --> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!-- QuoteEEnd -->
Oh, I finally remembered how to tie a bowline in BFE Wyoming. Out of pure necessity. All of the ones I tied at Troy's were wrong.

This one's kinda handy:

Roper's Knot Pages - Single loops
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (Howard @ Apr 10 2005, 09:04 PM)
Nice!  What are the measurments of your trailer (in cubits)? rolleyes.gif

lol2.gif

Mike, Glad everything went OK and you made it home safe.
Eric_Shea
I hope my car will be able to grace a set jackstands as well as all of yours do, until then, I will be driving

Smarta$$ punk... biggrin.gif

Bring that thing back over here. We'll put those swaybar mounts in there. That's bound to do it. Let's see...

Pull the tank, find rust in the tank.
Send the tank off to be dipped.
Notice the fuel lines could be replaced at the same time.
Mount the fuel pump up front.
Find the cracked clutch tube.
While it's down drill the hubs so you can ditch the adapters. (I think we've got it on all four now)

Shall I go on? laugh.gif

Gint, glad you guys made it home safe and sound smilie_pokal.gif
brant
Mike G.

glad you made it safe and sound
glad the story is not nearly as interesting as the one from the delivery trip.

the tup is Awesome!
can't wait to see it in real life.

brant
Hawktel
QUOTE (Gint @ Apr 10 2005, 05:57 PM)

The only thing it was really missing was a lid and a full rear door. And of course, now it has a lid! It would have better if the lid had been engineered as part of the "system". I would do it differently the next time.

Well, I think it was pretty awesome. Definitly graduate work from the school of doing more with less.

Some improvement I can see:

Adding in about 6 inches to the over all hight of the box to avoid the issues with the bars/rollbar ectra.

A better bolt on system for the front, and top, so its more perment, and you don't have to use the sheetrock screws.

Of course a foot or so on the back for complete coverage, with a rear door.

One thing also I'd like, is some access panels in the sides of the trailer, so you can visually and also perhaps reach in and physically check your tie downs on the car.

So, did you make it ding free? Doors and lids okay?

gopack
All of the ones I tied at Troy's were wrong.

I think that is because I was the one trying to tell you how to make the knots Mike!
I told you the captain always made them suckers!
Glad to see you got home with a minimum of weather problems! Looking forward to the continuation of the rustoration (now that it is MINUS the rust!)
Great meeting you guys!
Eric_Shea
Mark,

Where's your pics? wink.gif
Toast
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 10 2005, 07:51 AM)
Chase's really clean 74. Mike coming to lend a hand.

Nice car Chase!

I reconize those mountains! biggrin.gif

Looks like a storm was moving in. blink.gif Did anyone get caught in it?
gopack
Eric,
I figuerd that the general public was sufficiently bored with all the pics so I decided to lay off! Give them all a break! I'll post them tonight if there is a hue and cry for them!
slapshot914
Those mountains look familiar to me to, seeing I used to live under the shadow of Mt Olympus. The storm is the same one I was complaining about Friday. Bucca dePeppos is one fine restuarant. Never ate in the kitchen though. Is that the one on 70th? Usually stay at the motel on 9th and 70th south when visiting family. Close to Einstiens. Goin to have to start saving my $$$$ for them modified hubs. Love to go 5 lug. Next time in the area, I'll call.

Gint's teener tub is spectacular. Can't wait to see in final form.
Eric_Shea
That's the one... 7200 S and 9th East (basically).

We've got hubs... get'em before the price increase wink.gif
Toast
Those mountains ARE HUGE! You have to crack your head all the way back to see the tops of them.
They are so beautiful, espically with snow on them. wub.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Apr 11 2005, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (Gint @ Apr 10 2005, 05:57 PM)

The only thing it was really missing was a lid and a full rear door.  And of course, now it has a lid!  It would have better if the lid had been engineered as part of the "system".  I would do it differently the next time.

Well, I think it was pretty awesome. Definitly graduate work from the school of doing more with less.

Some improvement I can see:

Adding in about 6 inches to the over all hight of the box to avoid the issues with the bars/rollbar ectra.

A better bolt on system for the front, and top, so its more perment, and you don't have to use the sheetrock screws.

Of course a foot or so on the back for complete coverage, with a rear door.

One thing also I'd like, is some access panels in the sides of the trailer, so you can visually and also perhaps reach in and physically check your tie downs on the car.

So, did you make it ding free? Doors and lids okay?

All good suggestions. A few extra inches of hieght would definitely be nice, but then you'd have to use more than a full 4x8 sheet and it would weaken the wall unless you made other arrangements for reinforcment. Of course that would be moot if it was a full 914 instead of an empty tub. The whole thing would site lower.

Couple of little "blemishes" for lack of a better word. One s on the front valance, so that's not a huge deal. One of the headlight doors has a wierd kinda rasberry on it though. I don't for the life of me know how it got there.

QUOTE (gopack Posted: Apr 11 2005 @ 12:50 PM)
Eric,
I figuerd that the general public was sufficiently bored with all the pics so I decided to lay off! Give them all a break! I'll post them tonight if there is a hue and cry for them!

Come on Mark! Let's see 'em.

Shar and I unpacked the van today. I'm like a kid at Christmas. The trailer has been moved over to the side of the house, safe and sound. The tub made it without a scratch, or drop of water on it. Too much water around to unload the tub today. I might even wait until I get back from San Diego next week.
SharonG
Sharon Ginter here! (Gint wife-unit)

Thanks to all who helped Mike get his car packed into the arc (the cubits comment cracked me up!) and put together for transport. And, thanks to all who sent optimistic travel thoughts his way during his trip home. We were somewhat stressed yesterday...

The paint job is spectacular! I almost caused Mike to bust a vein in his melon when we were carrying one of his doors into the garage, and he thought I was going to bump it into the side of the house. Oops. Luckily, though, no brain aneurysm! Another good day in the Ginter household!
Eric_Shea
Welcome Shar... smilie_pokal.gif

Congrats on the job front... right? Well, you have him back but I'll bet you've officially lost your husband. There will be many hours spent polishing and bolting the Tangerine Dream back together.

Congratulations to both of you... it's a very nice tub. beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
Ohhhhhhhhhh lookie here... Mr. Sunscreen just woke up. biggrin.gif

Welcome back laugh.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Sammy @ Apr 11 2005, 07:08 PM)
Whoa, doan do that!
I scrolled down and saw SharonG and about lost it, that's my wife's name and last initial and I thot fer a minute she had discoverd my hidin place wink.gif
that and the fact that Eric is tryin to blackmail me by threatining to show the missus pictures from a "gentleman's club". Now that would have been a bad day ohmy.gif

HA! That'll teach ya to make wise cracks about weather and sunscreen.
Eric_Shea
Ole "Sunscreen Sammy" We got pics son... we got pics. lol3.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Sammy @ Apr 11 2005, 07:32 PM)
LOL one of my better mechanics put in for a transfer to our Denver service center. I didn't want to loose him so i showed him the pics of gint's house with all that strange white stuff on the ground. As I showed him the picture I told him that white stuff is reallly, reaaaally cold. he said f-that. He had a BBQ yesterday in his back yard, hard to do that in the snow.
He's now having second thoughts about the transfer. true story I swear.

That white stuff doesn't last long around here. What a difference a day makes.
SharonG
Welcome Shar...  :trophy:

Congrats on the job front... right?  Well, you have him back but I'll bet you've officially lost your husband.  There will be many hours spent polishing and bolting the Tangerine Dream back together.

Congratulations to both of you... it's a very nice tub. beerchug.gif

Thanks, Eric, and YES! I landed a new, improved job, starting 4/25, so am enjoying 3 fun-filled weeks off - trying to focus on skiing. rolleyes.gif
Eric_Shea
Well... come out here. We've got a 200" PLUS base. biggrin.gif I'm sure it's good in your backyard as well. And for sure... CONGRATULATIONS. All that worry for naught. wink.gif

I think Alta closes next weekend but Snowbird is open until May 30th. If that "man" of yours needs to come out to pickup any misc. parts be sure to make it a Fri., Sat., Sun. deal. Honestly, it's been the best year for snow. I think they've gotten over 700" total this year.
slapshot914
Man, I love Utah powder. Learned to ski at Brighton, graduated to Alta. And when I was working swing at Kennecott, I spent a lot of mornings sking at Timp Haven. Timp Haven? That was before Redford bought it. Some of you youngsters know it as Sundance today. Tahoe area resorts get alot of press, but its all Sierra cement. There is nothing like Utah powder, steep and deep.

Glad Gint made it home safe and sound. Like I said, that was the same storm I had to drive home from Tahoe in last Friday
Eric_Shea
Note to self: must keep thread going, even if we have to change directions 10 times  

You're slack'n... it almost made the bottom of page two.
slapshot914
Sammy, Yup! worked in the pit for a year or two, then I graduated to driving truck. When my first kid was born, I was in the bottom of that hole. That's where I learned that I liked to drive. Started driving 65 ton trucks, moved up to 85 ton and then 110 ton trailer rigs. They were a real handful. Nothing like hualing 110 tons of muck down a 10% grade and missing the downshift. Brakes weren't that good. Smaller trucks were 12 speed automatics, trailers were 4 speed stds. Had to double clutch to downshift everytime. Real fun. Before I finally moved on, I was driving 150 ton trucks. Used to chase deer across the dumps in the truck. That was fun.

Carpooled to work with a guy that had 356. first ride ever in Porsche. I drove a TR3 and then a TR4A. Ended up wrecking the TR3 one morning on the way to work. Rolled it and ended up in an irrigation ditch just outside of Copperton. Bought the TR4.
SharonG
I have GOT to get to Utah to ski - I went to Copper Mtn today. Ski days just don't get much better than today - blue sky, decent snow (for April), 40ish degrees, SPF 45.

But on to more fun. Tomorrow, off to San Diego to meet up with some of the 914 crowd there, then back Tues to unload the Tangerine Dream from the arc. I will be a 914 widow soon, but with no worries. It keeps Mike from his massive partying habit wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.