Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dinner in SLC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Hawktel
So Ginter come out to get his 6, and its purty.

Here is Eric Shea, and Mike Ginter working on it.

Hawktel
Chase drove his 4 to the meeting. He spent some time with Eric going over front sways, as it was easy to see what went were on gint's tub.

Hawktel
Mike G is fairly involved in getting his car secured.

Here is the start...
Hawktel
Gint working contines the boat building....

Hawktel
The finished Arc!

Hawktel
Lids and such in the back of the van.
Hawktel
On to dinner! Eric pulled some strings or something. Anyway at the Buca di Cuccio or how ever you spell it, he managed to get us the owners table. In the kitchen. Amazing, Wonderfull food, Excellent place.
Hawktel
Them making out dinner. I'm sitting at our table when I took this picture.
Hawktel
More of dinner....

Hawktel
More dinner
Hawktel
Err more dinner with a picture! A pict of Mike no less.

Hawktel
Ahh the main course....

Hawktel
I had a good time. Mikes car really looks awesome, Troy did a great job on it.

Mikes trailer idea while garnering alot of scoffing from some people!, is a good one. It does take some carpentry skill, but, I do plan to use something of the same nature in the future myself.

It can use some refinement to be sure, but the basic idea is very sound.

His 6 is going to be very nice when its done. The tangerine and black offset each other very nice.

You should have came!
lagunero
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Apr 9 2005, 09:59 PM)
Ahh the main course....

the food looked as good as the car! let me guess, that must be Eric going for the wine laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
looked like fun!

geez, 914'ers are sparse there...

someone sneezes and we have 10 914's show up lol2.gif
Eric_Shea
Spot on oh Alberto-one laugh.gif

How the hell did you know? drunk.gif

When someone sneezes here it's because it's still cold. There was a winter storm warning for certain elevations. Chase was very brave in bringing out his teener. I'll bet he might have seen a flurry or two around the point of the mountain.

I'm downsizing pics so they fit the screen (I'll show you how to do this some day Aaron) w00t.gif

Back in a second... I'll call Gint and give a driving report as well. If he left when he wanted he should be around Rock Springs, WY about now.
Eric_Shea
Chase was taking most of the pictures as Gint and I buttoned up the suspension. Thanks Chase smilie_pokal.gif
Eric_Shea
Gint helping with the right rear... I'm under the car biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Gint update... he's on the road. A little behind but doing OK. Resecuring some lines on the tarp. Keep your fingers crossed. He should have good weather through about 1/2 of Wyoming, then it turns to $hit. They're projecting 1 ft. at his house! ohmy.gif

Here's Mike (mk114) tightening on a wheel.
Eric_Shea
More...
Eric_Shea
Tightening up the 22's on the rear suspension with Eric Hatchel (Hawktel's brother) looking on. Gint put the old suspension on for the ride home. It's the best way to transport the tub.
Eric_Shea
It's on there...

I'll take this opportunity to say Gint's tub looked fantastic. Chase and I were looking at the hoods before Gint loaded them. We were checking the reflections and there wasn't a wobble in them... this is the sign of a "very" straight job and with these cars it shows. smilie_pokal.gif
Eric_Shea
Gint...
Eric_Shea
Gint and Mike
Eric_Shea
on the arc...
Eric_Shea
More...
Eric_Shea
Chase's really clean 74. Mike coming to lend a hand.
Eric_Shea
Troy's 57 Willy's hotrod truck and Vanessa's mommymobile that I had for the evening. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Gint's first smile of the evening. Gint and Troy on the "Arc".
Eric_Shea
At the kitchen table...
Eric_Shea
The Hatchel Brothers, Ed and Eric...
Eric_Shea
Here's the whole gang:

Joe Bob
So is Uncle Ginty gonna turn into a CW? cool_shades.gif
Eric_Shea
I think that's out of the question.

Gint simply has a really nice car... really nice.
Joe Bob
Gud...he have a power plant picked out?
Eric_Shea
I'll have to defer that one to him... I believe he's going to freshen up his 2.2S motor for it confused24.gif
seanery
damn, that's a nice looking tub!

Looks like a good time, but yooowwiee, It was almost 80 here yesterday, that snow stuff sucks!
Aaron Cox
really did look like fun.... too bad about the approaching weather sad.gif
Hawktel
Gint told me that he was going to put the 2.2 with E cam, and S pistons back in I think. Next winter he said that he is going to pull his transmission, if the the new shift bushing do not fix some of the issues he is expericing with it.

smile.gif
brant
nice pics
thanks for sharring
sorry I missed it
yesterday afternoon I mowed the back yard and washed some wheels with the hose while wearing shorts.....

today I just unscrewed the hose and beat down the bushes that are near to breaking due to the weight of the 12inches of snow we got in the last 5 hours...

many of the highways are starting to close. There predicting continued snowfall for 12 more hours.
Dang, I hope you drive safe Mike!
I'm sending some good road vibes your way!

brant
Eric_Shea
I hope he decides to shack up in Laramie... sad.gif
brant
He has John Lush's number...
John if your reading this...
do you have a guest bed for mike?

brant
mk114
yes Gints car was very Beatiful I was afraid to touch it.

I had lots of fun and got to hang out with alot of cool people

thank you for the good time everyone
johnlush
QUOTE (brant @ Apr 10 2005, 11:21 AM)
He has John Lush's number...
John if your reading this...
do you have a guest bed for mike?

brant

Yep, if he makes it as far as Cheyenne and doesn't want to venture south he's sure welcome to put up here for the night. Anybody in contact with him?
Eric_Shea
Shuddup with the sunscreen $hit Sammy! Or somebody at Roland's gonna get pictures of you at a titty bar! w00t.gif
brant
well the weather broke.
seems the weather men only got it half right.
things are melting....

hopefully he gets home before the temp drops. (Its gonna be awfully slick out there around 10pm)

brant
Eric_Shea
He should be there by now... confused24.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 10 2005, 04:52 PM)

uhmm....eric.

thats what cell phones are for. give the man a call.... biggrin.gif
johnlush
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 10 2005, 04:52 PM)

He called me from 25 miles west of Cheyenne at ~4:15. No complaints except the tarp on the trailer. Then the phone connection went TU. No word since and calls to him get voicemail... Hey Eric, maybe you could PM me when you get a chance - I have a pair of rear calipers I need "modified"...
Gint
We made it home!

Here's what I sent the local gang:

Made it home around 6-ish. All that worrying for weather was for naught. We didn't hit any snow until just south of Longmont (about 10 north of my house). But there's a boatload of snow on my lawn and street. So the van and trailer just got parked in front of the house. I'll unload the door, lids, smail parts and the tub tomorrow when I'm sure nothing will get dropped or banged up.

The tarp for the top of my trailer walls was getting pretty torn up after 175 miles, so I did what I should have done in the first place. Stopped at the 84 Lumber in Rock Springs WY. and bought enough plywood and 2x4s to cover the top of my "box". Screwed it down right on top of the tarp so that it's now acting as a bladder. Worked great! It's just a big box now. Sturdy as hell too. The only thing missing now is a full rear "door".

QUOTE (Hawktel @ Apr 9 2005, 11:06 PM)
Mikes  trailer idea while garnering alot of scoffing from some people!, is a good one. It does take some carpentry skill, but, I do plan to use something of the same nature in the future myself.

It can use some refinement to be sure, but the basic idea is very sound.

His 6 is going to be very nice when its done.  The tangerine and black offset each other very nice.

You should have came!

The only thing it was really missing was a lid and a full rear door. And of course, now it has a lid! It would have better if the lid had been engineered as part of the "system". I would do it differently the next time.

QUOTE (lagunero Posted: Apr 9 2005 @ 11:28 PM)
the food looked as good as the car! let me guess, that must be Eric going for the wine
First thing I asked for when I got there was a glass... Good choice for eats Eric! The food was fantastic. You were right; I'm glad I didn't miss it.

QUOTE ("Z" Posted: Apr 10 2005 @ 08:59 AM)
So is Uncle Ginty gonna turn into a CW?
Riiiiiiggghththt!!!! Something in between YOU and a CW.

QUOTE (Sammy Posted: Apr 10 2005 @ 02:28 PM)
I know what you mean about the weather.
Being prepared for it is very important.
This morning i went to the D&G swap meet for 911s and forgot to bring sun screen, got all sunburned!
Hope things go well for Gint.
Hey Sammy! finger.gif JK of course. Come out to San Diego next Saturday and you can put sunscreen on my back.

QUOTE (brant Posted: Apr 10 2005 @ 05:36 PM)
well the weather broke.
seems the weather men only got it half right.
things are melting....

hopefully he gets home before the temp drops. (Its gonna be awfully slick out there around 10pm)
Timing is everything!

QUOTE (johnlush Posted: Apr 10 2005 @ 06:08 PM)
He called me from 25 miles west of Cheyenne at ~4:15. No complaints except the tarp on the trailer. Then the phone connection went TU. No word since and calls to him get voicemail... Hey Eric, maybe you could PM me when you get a chance - I have a pair of rear calipers I need "modified"...
Sorry about that John. I was calling to tell you that I wasn't gonna stop. Right after I lost the connection I saw the sign that said: "Strong Winds. Light trailers not advised". Hmmm.... 2600 punds or so and 6" high. Hhhmmm.... I slowed to 60 and white knuckled for a while until I hit I25 and it became a tail wind. Much better.

My only real regret is that I didn't have more time with the local S.L. area crew. Great bunch of guys. And thanks for the help! Mark, Ed, Eric, Eric, Chase, Mike and his lovely wife and daughter. You guys were great! Chase - Nice 914! Great color too. Sorry you couldn't stick around.

Mostly thanks to Troy. I can't tell you guys how great the tub looks.

Now, how about some "Trailer Trash Enginneering" pics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.