Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another test run today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
took her out again today, made about a 30 min trip, no problems at all, out side temps were about 60 and engine temps at about 185, afetr sitting at a friends house for 2 hours i brought her home, out side temps got up to about 70 to 75 and engine temps were 185. each way was highway except the end part was back roads at about 40 mph for a few miles. over all trip was 60 + miles.

its kind off hard to drive at 70 to 75, it only takes about a half inch of pedal travel to do 70. it jumps right to 90 if i give it any more gas, down hill sections it get to 80 with out any more gas at all.

all i did at this point was install another fan and install an over flow tank, i still need to finish sealing the scoop to the radiator. i have the second fan running of off the heater fan relay, and the ecu controlled one never came on at all.
Joe Bob
No fires? Gud.... mueba.gif
Mueller
cool......sounds like a success.....we might be seeing more and more Subaru conversions based on your proven idea of running the radiator in the engine compartment......better get a patent on it, LOL
grasshopper
that sweet! aktion035.gif
Aaron Cox
need pics man!

the radiator is in the engine bay? unsure.gif wow! thats a neat idea...where does it gets it airflow...

anyway.. rock on! aktion035.gif mueba.gif clap.gif
and post pics!!!!now!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
p914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
d914
man I'm sooo jealous...been wanting to do for a while..!!
Mueller
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 10 2005, 02:19 PM)
need pics man!

the radiator is in the engine bay? unsure.gif wow! thats a neat idea...where does it gets it airflow...

anyway.. rock on! aktion035.gif mueba.gif clap.gif
and post pics!!!!now!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

with the amount of time you spend on the board, how the hell did you miss the posts by Scott detailing and showing pics of his install??? wacko.gif biggrin.gif

rhodyguy
excellent scott!! so is the drive back on or what?

k
rick 918-S
clap.gif monkeydance.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
scotty914
yes the drive is back on, i am entering 2 contests one for longest distance and the most ghetto car

and for arron

here are some pics of the radiator

here is mufller pics

pics of wiring hell

engine bar and intake manifold rotate pics

that covers most of the stuff just for you aaron
914werke
Unless someone shows from Nova Scotia I think youve got that prize locked up!
See you in Cali! smilie_pokal.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Apr 10 2005, 06:56 PM)
yes the drive is back on, i am entering 2 contests one for longest distance and the most ghetto car

and for arron

here are some pics of the radiator

here is mufller pics

pics of wiring hell

engine bar and intake manifold rotate pics

that covers most of the stuff just for you aaron

ohmy.gif

You Da Man!!

That's quite a haul Scott........don't forget to take a copy of "the list" from Greg Robbins, just in case something unforeseen happens....I'm sure there's someone within 100 miles on any given leg of your trek.

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif wavey.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
mattillac
glad to hear no cooling problems so far. why not just let ecu control the fan tho? instead of having one on all the time. find out how often the ecu turns on the fan.

EDIT: nevermind. i found your other thread.

thumbs up!! rocking nana.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.