Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Checking interest...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
My 914
I had sent a PM about getting a 914-8. I had not seen it in black until I saw some of the other pictures on this thread. The black is nice! Is it flat/matte? On a car with black trim, I think its the way to go.
RJMII
In reference to Rand's comment on moving the thread... I'd like to keep this thread here, and then start a new one in the spot he suggested. Meanwhile, I'd like to post pictures of the cnc build and process of making the emblems here. Maybe even continue wits the various ideas on finishes and mounting suggestions, as they're garage type of topics.

The black emblem really did turn out well. I don't remember if I painted that one, or not.

Anyone know who it was that sandblasted theirs for the brushed aluminum look? They might have posted a picture of it in their build thread, but it had a nice look to it.
RJMII
QUOTE(blackmoon @ Aug 23 2016, 03:19 PM) *

I would like a 914 -?

Wait, what? I'm looking at the way your punctuation is, and picturing an emblem with the questionmark in place of the last number... like a subtle way to say "guess how many pistons are working today..."
RickS
Great to see you getting past life's curves and getting toward production. I'd take a 914-6. Mucho grass.
rick 918-S
918-S
Chris H.
Yes Rick! Was just thinking the alien needed one. The quality is very good. It'd look great in silver or painted black or green.
My 914
Does anyone know if there is an adhesive available that would allow an emblem to be removed easily without damaging it or the car's finish? If there were, it would give one the option of changing emblems or leaving them off completely depending on the day, the event, or one's mood. Its always nice to have options.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 25 2016, 12:16 PM) *

Yes Rick! Was just thinking the alien needed one. The quality is very good. It'd look great in silver or painted black or green.

I don't know why I never got one. The last time around I think I helped fund the CNC rebuild when it fried but just forgot to order one. screwy.gif Anywho. Great emblems and home built equipment to boot. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif type.gif
malcolm2
did you start another thread on this....? Just curious if you have an update or timeline?

Thanks
RJMII
Timeline, yes. Today, tomorrow, and Thursday are all emblem cutting days. The machine is functional and calibrated. I ran some old code on it and it starts and stops the spindle, and each axis has proper movement.

Oh, and no new thread. What should I post a video of the machine cutting?
RJMII
QUOTE(My 914 @ Aug 25 2016, 07:27 PM) *

Does anyone know if there is an adhesive available that would allow an emblem to be removed easily without damaging it or the car's finish? If there were, it would give one the option of changing emblems or leaving them off completely depending on the day, the event, or one's mood. Its always nice to have options.

I could try to machine one that has a magnetic strip on the back of it. That would make the magnet and emblem the same shape.
malcolm2
Hey, how is this project going? I see the original poster was last active 9-20.

Clark
NeunEinVier
QUOTE(RJMII @ Sep 20 2016, 12:55 PM) *
Oh, and no new thread. What should I post a video of the machine cutting?

Thanks for posting a video, will be cool to see the machine in action.
RJMII
hey all;

sorry, I got to cutting and pushing the machine so I could find the weak spots. It had a little bit of flex and I took it apart and reinforced it in a couple of spots.

Then I got distracted with a fancy 3d scanner... and have been working away on another 914 product design.

I'm back to cutting again and I'll get that video posted! Thank you for bumping the thread; the notification email was a great reminder that you're all waiting for me to be up and running and posting media content.

Mueller
Get those motors I sent you?
RJMII
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 12 2016, 10:00 PM) *

Get those motors I sent you?

uhh... no. did you have a tracking number on them? I'll got check the mail again, see if they showed up after I checked this afternoon before running errands.
RJMII
I just checked the tracking number; and it looks like we get to talk to USPS :-( it wasn't where they claimed it would be.
SKL1
I'd be interested in 914 2.0 that looks OEM.

Thx.
23e Heure
I'll take a gold 914 GT
My 914
Appreciate the follow up. Glad to hear you're up and running again.
EdwardBlume
I could use a 914-6 emblem. Thx
Kansas 914
I really like the magnetic backing concept...... One could change emblems at will. It could be fun at 914 events.
23e Heure
I am happy to wait patiently for Jim to start making these again.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me the correct dimensions for the 914-GT emblem?

Thanks!
RJMII
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Dec 2 2016, 03:43 PM) *

In the meantime, can anyone tell me the correct dimensions for the 914-GT emblem?

Thanks!

Just under 8 inches wide, 3/4 inches tall...

OUTLAW emblem has been drawn, too.

23e Heure
Thanks Jim, that was quick!
Keep us posted when you are up and running with these.
RJMII
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Dec 2 2016, 04:05 PM) *

Thanks Jim, that was quick!
Keep us posted when you are up and running with these.

I just happened to be sitting at my computer with all of the right screens open.

The emblems are now at the top of my priority list for projects; thank you for bumping the thread and being patient while I get back up and running.

sb914
icon_bump.gif
StratPlayer
I want a 2.1 liter emblem, since I live in Salt Lake I can pick it up. piratenanner.gif
kid914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Dec 2 2016, 04:51 PM) *

QUOTE(23e Heure @ Dec 2 2016, 03:43 PM) *

Thanks!

Just under 8 inches wide, 3/4 inches tall...

OUTLAW emblem has been drawn, too.

In for and outlaw first.gif
RJMII
It's almost as if you guys can tell when I'm working on emblems... lol

The past few days I have been plugging away here and there at more efficient methods of machining with the new cnc. fine tuning about a dozen and a half designs.

This is just a progress thread, I'll start an order thread in the member vendor section when I have a large stash of emblems on my workbench.
SO.O.C914er
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 19 2017, 08:02 PM) *

It's almost as if you guys can tell when I'm working on emblems... lol

The past few days I have been plugging away here and there at more efficient methods of machining with the new cnc. fine tuning about a dozen and a half designs.

This is just a progress thread, I'll start an order thread in the member vendor section when I have a large stash of emblems on my workbench.

Count me in for a 2.1 in silver.
turbonet
I need a 2.0TT emblem.
RJMII
I'm still working on this one, too... i'm hoping to have this style available mid-summer.
malcolm2
Please bump this thread when your order thread is up.
Rleog
I hope you can get this going. If so, I'll take a 914-RS

Thanks

(Edited 5/12)
Niklas
I want a 912-6 emblem.
Can you make it for me?

Click to view attachment

With _6

Niklas
RJMII
QUOTE(Niklas @ Feb 13 2017, 12:34 PM) *

I want a 912-6 emblem.
Can you make it for me?

Click to view attachment

With _6

Niklas

Yes, I'll add it to the list. I'm spending all week on emblems. The weather forecast says comfortable garage temperatures are in the near future; and I'll make a thread in member vendors area for the selling part.
RickS
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 20 2017, 05:36 AM) *

I'm still working on this one, too... i'm hoping to have this style available mid-summer.

Approximate price? Or just a 914-6?
RJMII
QUOTE(RickS @ Apr 2 2017, 08:39 PM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 20 2017, 05:36 AM) *

Approximate price? Or just a 914-6?

I don't know. It's got me stumped for machining at the moment.

the simple 914-x emblems are $10/digit (unless aluminum prices go up again) plus shipping.
Rleog
Good to see you back, Jim.

Can you put me down for a 914-RS

Thanks
Justinp71

Glad to see your back at it. I would take a 914-6 and a 3.2 emblem.

sb914
icon_bump.gif
RJMII
CNC machine operating system crashed. It's been a long process of switching from Ubuntu to debian. The machine seems to be running stable *fingers crossed*
So, anyone who sends a PM with emblem request will be put on the list for the weekend.
*cheers*
76-914
Jim, I'd take a 914-6. Thx, Kent
Mitox
PM on its way for a 914-6

Thanks
malcolm2
QUOTE(RJMII @ May 12 2017, 09:25 AM) *

So, anyone who sends a PM with emblem request will be put on the list for the weekend.
*cheers*

any update on this? You were talking about LAST weekend, right? piratenanner.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ May 19 2017, 11:54 AM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ May 12 2017, 09:25 AM) *

*cheers*

any update on this? You were talking about LAST weekend, right? piratenanner.gif

Yeah, it's carrying over to this weekend. Trying to get 35 emblems cut out in one weekend didn't work.
theer
Did you get my PM? Need a regular old 914 (black if you can)

Thanks,
Tom
Coondog
Add me to the 914-6 and 3.2 crowd.
sb914
Sooooooo hide.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.