Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German T4 K Jet conversion page
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
Type 4 K Jet conversion page looks interesting. Translation is rough in places.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...Flanguage_tools

user posted image
Aaron Cox
thats a wild header wacko.gif
Dave_Darling
Google on "miller fi vw sandrail" and you will come up with a site that doesn't need translating. Oh, and check Evill Ed's page on his car. He went CIS (K-jet) before he went turbo, and kept the CIS with the turbo. And, of course, EJM's turbo 1.8 is CIS as well.

--DD
Aaron Cox
anyone knoe what kind of car that is in the above pic?
Gustl
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 11 2005, 09:35 PM)
anyone knoe what kind of car that is in the above pic?

watching this rear lights it might be a 73+ bug idea.gif

user posted image
914rrr
Definitely a kit car, possibly a Bradley II.
grantsfo
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Apr 11 2005, 12:26 PM)
Google on "miller fi vw sandrail" and you will come up with a site that doesn't need translating. Oh, and check Evill Ed's page on his car. He went CIS (K-jet) before he went turbo, and kept the CIS with the turbo. And, of course, EJM's turbo 1.8 is CIS as well.

--DD

Yeah but do they have video's showing fuel going into glass jars? biggrin.gif
SpecialK
Cool looking engine, but exactly what are the benefits over a stock D-jet other than parts availability?

Larger TB?
sechszylinder
hi folks,

it's an apal buggy ...

greetings from old europe smilie_flagge6.gif
rhodyguy
the cis on my 85' jetta has worked flawlessly for 245k. the wrecking yards are full of cis systems. beats chasing a d-jet mps, worn t.b. and the other suspect items.

k
SpecialK
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Apr 15 2005, 04:33 AM)
the cis on my 85' jetta has worked flawlessly for 245k. the wrecking yards are full of cis systems. beats chasing a d-jet mps, worn t.b. and the other suspect items.

k

That's kind of what I was wondering, it would be more for dependability and parts availability than for performance gains, correct? Or does it "squeek" a few more horses out too. I read the "translated" version blink.gif and gave myself a headache (but some of it was pretty funny....certain things just don't translate well) flag.gif
smilie_flagge6.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.