Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Tach Glass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914Sixer
Need the glass from an non working tach. No chips or pits.
TheCabinetmaker
I have some Mark. Glass or plastic?
malcolm2
Timothy_ND28 uses fresh glass when he adds the LED, maybe he can help with a brand new piece.
eric914
When i redid my gauges i went to a custome frame shop and had them cut a piece of non glare glass for me. They were only a few $ each.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(eric914 @ Jul 22 2016, 10:02 AM) *

When i redid my gauges i went to a custome frame shop and had them cut a piece of non glare glass for me. They were only a few $ each.

I think this is the best option but you can have an original for cost of shipping
bdstone914
We have them new at Pelican for all three sixes of 911 and 914 gauges. They come from North Hollywood Speedo.
timothy_nd28
Weird, I actually spent the last two weekends at my uncles machine shop using his waterjet. I've been cutting lenses for our gauges and the 911 speedo with the hole for the odometer reset.
pete000
Could someone post a how to remove thE bezel on the gauge without messing up the bezel. I tried once and failed big time.
dangrouche
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/lofiversion/i...hp?t216289.html

here is a write-up; I started with a small flat blade screwdriver, to get a bit of the aluminum to open up, then I slowly pry go around with a (HF) scratch awl, (careful not to puncture the front of the bezel), then transition to a larger scratch awl, and go around and around and around eventually raising up the lip. you don't pry it open all at once, you go around several times, progressing more and more as you go around the entire circumference
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jul 23 2016, 09:30 AM) *

Could someone post a how to remove thE bezel on the gauge without messing up the bezel. I tried once and failed big time.

I just did mine, put those cool white face gauge faces on....craftsman sells a good "wiring" screwdriver, you take it, perpendicular to the body & peel the rim up, once I had a good bit up, I worked the edge like an old fashion can opener, pivoting the screwdriver using the speedo body as leverage. I went once all the way around. And then gently pry at a few opposing spots to "pop" over the edge of the speedo rim....it is not for the UN-patient...I messed my 1st trim up a little, but the rubber edge hid most of my mistakes, and the rest (and I did the small center ones as well) came out great, got the white faces on, and with the new LED bulbs, it's like super cool....good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.